Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no album art in off-line mode with spotify app version 1.0.0.3251

Solved!

no album art in off-line mode with spotify app version 1.0.0.3251

I just upgraded my iphone spotify app to version 1.0.0.3251.  With this version album art is not shown when listening in off-line mode.  Extremely dissappointing, hoping this is just a bug and will be corrected soon.  If not, how can i go back the the previous version of the app?  My Iphone is a 3GS running the latest iOS release for that model which is 6.1.6.

[Mod edit - Dec. 8, 2014]

Hello everyone.  Spotify 2.1.0 has been released to the App Store as of this morning. We believe this issue to be fixed in this latest version. Please post here to let us know if the problem persists.

122 Replies

Initially after upgrading the app from 1.6 to 1.7 the album art still did not show when offline.  However, I completely uninstalled the Spotify app and re-booted my iPhone.  Then I re-installed the Spotify app and marked the playlists I wanted off-line.  Then I waited for Spotify to download all the these off-line playlists (snooze). After all that, I went off-line and the album art showed as it should.  Thanks for FINALLY getting this fixed.

hey my dear spotify friends! 😄

unfortunately the process of uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling the spotify app did not solve my problem with the disappearing cover arts when turning into offline mode or simply not having internet... any other methods to fix that really annoying bug?

just so you know: iphone 5c, latest ios 8.0.2 and spotify version 1.8.0.2444

thanks so much in advance 🙂

Offline album covers works only for Playlists, not for songs or albums.

So you have to store your offline music as playlist not album.

ok good to know. but i dont have any cover except some random ones and they change everytime i go offline. so its sometimes covers from playlists, songs or albums....

i just test this pretty thoroughly... iphone 5s, ios 8.1, spotify app1.9.0.2744 - no matter what I do, or where I mark a song for offline use, if I play the song after (offline or online), the album art does not show up in the expanded view of the song playing.  It does show up on the small view as you are looking at the queue or other places where there is small album art.  

I marked songs for offline use from songs, albums and artist - no album art.  I deleted the app, reloaded, signed in and then marked a playlist... didn't matter - very consistently does not show album artwork if a song is marked for offline use.  As soon as I take the song off offline use, restart the app then play the song online, the artwork is there.

very annoying.

Same issue here!

In the recent 1.9 update a new bug has appeared that affects album art in certain situations. 

This bug is being looked into and hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same issue here just bought a shiny new iphone downloaded spotify only to find album art doesnt show for offline albums, extremely disappointing. Never had issues with the android version

Issue still present in app version 2.0.0 as of today, iPhone 5, ios8.1

Same Here!

I get the same issue, iPhone 6 iso 8.1 spotify 2.0.0

How on earth is this STILL an issue after 7 months?  

Well I'm new to Spotify so it's fine I can wait a bit longer to have the bug fixed. This post is really old though.... Shoud be fixed by now. I deleted the app, restarted and re installed the app but still the same issue.

Same here, iphone 6, ios 8.1, spotify 2.0.01643. Small album art, bit no in fullscreen track view. Reinstall not working.

same issue on the latest version.

This should be fixed soon. There is currently no ETA when the update will come. I'll let you know as soon as the update is out.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I can't belive it is still an issue. The post is like a year old? Spotify, come on, you wanna sell yourself and you are recently making progress in inventing connect and stuff but why is it so hard for you to download album art. It seems so ridiculous to me. Have been a user for half a year now and it starts to get really annoying! I am pissed off by now. Always when I am offline I have no covers. My music looks like I illegally downloaded it but I actually pay for it!?

If it isn't fixed by the time my subscription renews I am canceling.  Never have these issues with Pandora.

Same issue here... funny thing is on Android this has never happened...

I have the same problem... I have been premium subscribir for a looong time and I am really considering other services as the offer mostly the same and I am suffering this problem for a long time ago. It is a very important feature, it is so confusing to handle the app when you have many albums and lists and no images.

Suggested posts