Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no album art in off-line mode with spotify app version 1.0.0.3251

Solved!

no album art in off-line mode with spotify app version 1.0.0.3251

I just upgraded my iphone spotify app to version 1.0.0.3251.  With this version album art is not shown when listening in off-line mode.  Extremely dissappointing, hoping this is just a bug and will be corrected soon.  If not, how can i go back the the previous version of the app?  My Iphone is a 3GS running the latest iOS release for that model which is 6.1.6.

[Mod edit - Dec. 8, 2014]

Hello everyone.  Spotify 2.1.0 has been released to the App Store as of this morning. We believe this issue to be fixed in this latest version. Please post here to let us know if the problem persists.

122 Replies

Hey guys:

The app developers are aware of this and it should be fixed soon.

There is currently no exact ETA when the update will come.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Have to agree what others have said there are so many other services around now I am seriously going to consider jumping ship.

For an application that is supposed to be the most popular of its kind the time it takes to fix bugs is bordering on ridiculous.

Pull your fingers out guys

Offline album art is missing AGAIN. Worked for about a month, but now Spotify has managed to break it AGAIN! Why am I stilll paying money for this?

No ETA for this fix? Really? 😞

There is no ETA on me renewing my subscription either.

Yes. This bug exists like forever. Considering how many versions of the app have been released since the bug is known, there will most likely be no fix. I gave up hope and there are only two options: live with the bug or switch to another service.

@Luc4s 

The ETA is soon, but there is no exact date I can give you as things change all the time in development. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Dearest Spotify,

For the love of dog.... hire yourselves some disgustingly expensive iOS developers to debug your existing raunchy code which is causing this long term issue.

MattSuda cannot go on forever replying to this topic with "the fix is coming soon" when it obviously is not.  I bet Taylor Swift removed her music because she couldn't see herself while listening to her songs!!

Get to it, Spotify.  Stop failing your customers.

@J5unC 

I can assure you it will be soon enough. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Temporary solution: ios6 app does work en shows playlists for me. Could not find any downsides of ios6 app version so far.

Please fix this

Same problem. I see small cover placed on bottom od screen but when it's on full screen then i see deafult cover. That bug is only with offline songs.

Just found out there are two iphone apps for Spotify, 'normal' (version 2.0.0.1643) and 'ios 6' (version 1.8.5.105).

I have iphone 5 with ios 7  So which app should I use?

In the normal app I now get no ablum art for  'songs' in 'your music' so everything I selected EVEN WHEN I'M ONLINE!!

Just installed the Spotify ios 6 app and so far it works and I get album art. I'll keep you updated.

Still I'd rather enjoy music than keep fixing problems with new apps. SPOTIFY get organised!!!

I wish they could fix there miss without the user having to do smithing last time the user had to add a song to each playlist to get the covers back

I reinstalled Spotify so now I'm using version 2.0.0.1643 - Re-synced the music and album art shows on some songs. Thing is all should have album art, they are NOT local files.
Marked as solution

Version 2.1 is now out! All album art bugs should be fixed including the display of album art for local files.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy your album covers!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hello everyone.  Like @MattSuda mentioned, Spotify 2.1.0 has been released to the App Store as of this morning. We believe this issue to be fixed in this latest version. Please post here to let us know if the problem persists.

For me, version 2.1 hasn't changed anything. In offline mode, my album art is still missing. Do I have to resync all my files again?

Yes, you have to remove the offline for the given playlist and then re-enable it back to resync with covers.

Keep in mind that existing metadata do not have the album art thus the 2.1 version wont be doing a resync unless you manually force it.

I mainly resynced all playlist again to get thre album arts.

Marked as solution

Most people will not have to resync, but if you still don't have album art, try resyncing everything or a fresh app install. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts