Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

podcasts/shows in reverse order

Solved!

podcasts/shows in reverse order

Pick a podcast/show that is in a series. Doesn't matter which one. I like Dan Carlinn's Hardcore History. Play an episode. After the episode finishes Spotify starts the PRIOR episode not the NEXT episode in sequence. This is incredibly confusing and annoying, especially if you're listening in the car, for example, and you're not looking at the device as the transition itself is fairly seamless. Presumbly spotify is playing newest to oldest but that's like reading a book backwards. is there anyway to fix this and/or is Spotify working to address this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I know this was posted forever ago, but thought this might help. There should be an option in the top right corner (mobile Samsung S4 over here) and it will have a 'sort-by' option, and there will be a 'date option. Click it (it will have an arrow) and it will flip the order backwards so that it you start at the top (NOT shuffle play) it will play in chronological order. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

I know this was posted forever ago, but thought this might help. There should be an option in the top right corner (mobile Samsung S4 over here) and it will have a 'sort-by' option, and there will be a 'date option. Click it (it will have an arrow) and it will flip the order backwards so that it you start at the top (NOT shuffle play) it will play in chronological order. Hope this helps!

Thank you! I knew I had done it with a previous podcast series, but been a while since i had a podcast where I was listening in correct order. I thought I had imaged it last time. Much appreciated.

Thanks. I was very frustrated trying out a language course podcast in the car this morning. Was going to use the "up next" function tomorrow to line a few lessons up in the corrwct order, but this is much easier.
Screenshot_20170310-071543.png
Screenshot_20170310-072116.png

Is there a solution for spotify on web browser? This shoudn't even be a problem at first, very basic, very dissapointed...

yes! all you have to do is click the little calendar icon so it sorts them from old to new and spotify will play them in that order!

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 1.01.58 PM.png

Suggested posts