Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Appears On" now missing in app

"Appears On" now missing in app

Hello, 

It looks as though as of this morning the app for my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 no longer has the "Appears On" sub-group under the Artist's page.  This section is absolutely necessary in order to see an artist's remix releases, or even their contributions on Compilation albums of Various Artists.  Otherwise, you have no way of knowing about these additional releases.  Can someone please assist with this problem, or explain the rationale/workaround for this?  Thanks so much, appreciate the help.  

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

65 Replies

Today I realized the iPhone app for Spotify no longer has the “Appears On” section for an artist’s page.

This section was incredibly useful. I’m not sure why it was removed.

Gone from iOS app as well. Incredibly disappointing. Why would spotify want to take away the ability to see where artists were featured on other releases??

noticed it was gone from my ios app today, extremely frustrating. i want to be able to easily access every song an artist appears on, ON the artists page.

agreed i’m very upset it’s gone, makes it all inconvenient

I used to use this on mobile all the time, but it just recently got removed. It still works on a desktop, but I really only use my phone to listen. It’s a great way to find new music and new artists so I think it should be added back on to mobile.

Can you please bring back the "Appears On" section when reviewing an Artist's page for mobile? I love listening to albums and the compilations these artist's are on is an excellent way of discovering other artists and themes for a particular genre. It is a shame you removed this element from the mobile app as I listen way more on mobile than I do a desktop.

I second this. Artist “appears on” section was the best way to discover new music, similar artists, frequent collaborators, etc., especially for lesser-known/independent artists. My Spotify usage is almost always via mobile app, so this section on artist’s page really needs to be included on the app. Please, please, please bring it back with the next update. 

I second this. Artist “appears on” section was the best way to discover new music, similar artists, frequent collaborators, etc., especially for lesser-known/independent artists. My Spotify usage is almost always via mobile app, so this section on artist’s page really needs to be included on the app. Please, please, please bring it back with the next update. 

I second this (but for iOS). Artist “appears on” section was the best way to discover new music, similar artists, frequent collaborators, etc., especially for lesser-known or independent artists. 

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your reports of the Appears On section missing.

If you're experiencing this, we'd first recommend trying the following:

• Log out and back in the app
  • Perform a thorough reinstallation on the affected device
  • Connect to a different internet connection
  • If possible, log in with a different account to see if that helps

If these don't help, could you add your +VOTE and details below so we can get this reported with the right teams?

• Your device and its operating system version
  • The exact Spotify version you're on
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried
  • Does this persist on different devices (for example on the desktop app)?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Same here. 'Appears on' not showing on iOS version 8.5.53.996 - Mac desktop shows correctly. Performed full reinstall but will not show on artists page. Looks like a bug.  

Hey there @philipphotog - thanks for sharing these details!

In order to get this reported with the right teams, could you also let us know what iOS device this is happening on? 

Further, it'd be helpful if you could let us know if you've tried using a different account to see if the issue persists.

Keep us posted! 

KaterinaModerator

This is happening to me as well. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8+. The Android version: 9.

Model: SM-G955U. Spotify version: 8.5.51.941.

I've logged out and logged back in, cleared the cache, I also deleted the data files off my phone and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it with still no luck. On my desktop running Windows 10 version 1809, this feature is still working.

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here in the Community!

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features in the app. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or you could get a new feature to try out temporarily.

For more info, you can check out this Spotify Answer.

In the meanwhile, we'll be passing your feedback on to the right teams.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

This is happening on my iPhone app as well

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE BACK SPOTIFY

Hi Katerina,
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried troubleshooting, but the issue persisted.
Here's my info:
- iPhone X, Software Version 13.4
- Spotify Premium for iOs, version 8.5.54.1127
- Troubleshooting: deleted and reinstalled app, also tried different internet connection

Hopefully that helps and we can resolve this issue soon!
Thanks.

Older versions of the spotify app had when you scroll to the bottom of an artist's page a list of all current features that the artist is apart of. I found it very helpful in finding new music by an artist when they aren't credited as lead and now it's taken away. This separated spotify from other music apps and I think they should bring it back

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

On the latest update for Spotify on the Android, the Appears On section where you can view all the songs/albums/compilations that an artist is featured on is missing/removed.  I found this section very useful, and I don't understand why this would be removed.  Please bring this feature back as I (and others I'm sure) use it since I don't know every song an artist is featured on.  Thank you.

Suggested posts