Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Now Playing" missing from Apple CarPlay menu until a song is started from the iPhone

"Now Playing" missing from Apple CarPlay menu until a song is started from the iPhone

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone7 + Apple Carplay on new 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid

Operating System

ios13

My Question or Issue

Prior to my IOS13 upgrade, if a song or playlist within Spotify was in progress (paused partially through a song) on my iPhone when I connected via USB to my car, the CarPlay menu for Spotify would show an available tab for "Now Playing"... where I could hit the "Play" button to resume the song where I had left off.

However, around the time of the IOS13 upgrade (or perhaps a related Spotify app upgrade?), that ability has suddenly disappeared.  I get the other tabs (Home, Recently Played, etc) on the CarPlay screen, but there is absolutely no mechanism to start playing the current song!

My current workaround is to log into the iPhone, pull up Spotify, go to the current song, and hit Play on the phone itself.  At that time, the song will start playing on the car, AND the "Now Playing" icon appears in the upper right of the CarPlay screen.  After that, I can start/stop from the "Now Playing" screen.

This is happening consistently upon attaching to the car's USB.  It seems to be a bug that the "Now Playing" capability doesn't show up after the initial connection, but only appears when you choose a button on the iPhone's version of the same menu...

5 Replies

@sataylor000 wrote:

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone7 + Apple Carplay on new 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid

Operating System

ios13

My Question or Issue

Prior to my IOS13 upgrade, if a song or playlist within Spotify was in progress (paused partially through a song) on my iPhone when I connected via USB to my car, the CarPlay menu for Spotify would show an available tab for "Now Playing"... where I could hit the "Play" button to resume the song where I had left off.

However, around the time of the IOS13 upgrade (or perhaps a related Spotify app upgrade?), that ability has suddenly disappeared.  I get the other tabs (Home, Recently Played, etc) on the CarPlay screen, but there is absolutely no mechanism to start playing the current song!

My current workaround is to log into the iPhone, pull up Spotify, go to the current song, and hit Play on freejobalert notepad++ the phone itself.  At that time, the song will start playing on the car, AND the "Now Playing" icon appears in the upper right of the CarPlay screen.  After that, I can start/stop from the "Now Playing" screen.

This is happening consistently upon attaching to the car's USB.  It seems to be a bug that the "Now Playing" capability doesn't show up after the initial connection, but only appears when you choose a button on the iPhone's version of the same menu...

Yeah same bug here too. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Bran

I have the same issue. I thought I was going crazy thinking that Spotify kept losing it's "spot" in a playlist or song and randomly opened the app while it was connected to CarPlay and noticed you could resume but only from within the app and not Carplay (either Now Playing or the Spotify CarPlay interface)

Very annoying!

Same here.

Hello Spotify, same issue,
It’s really a mess.
Good condition is to heat the latest song autostarting. For no reason it only work on generic Bluetooth connection. But not in CarPlay.

same problem here (cupra ateca + iphone 11 pro ios 13.3.1)

please fix this spotify

Suggested posts