Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Unselect random mode on an iPad

My question is How to unselect random mode on an iPad device?On an iPhone I see the button. But on an Ipad I cannot find that button. My device: Ipad Pro.My plan: PremiumMy Country: Portugal.Spotify version: 8.5.31.989

• Roadie
  • My question is How to unselect random mode on an iPad device? On an iPhone I see the button. But on an Ipad I cannot find that button.    My device: Ipad Pro. My plan: Premium My Count...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly gone

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone Xr Operating SystemiOS 13.2.2 My Question or IssueMy discover weekly is gone, and no matter what I do...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone Xr  Operating System iOS 13.2....
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 13 - App Crashes on sidebar when sorting Podcast episodes

Whenever opening Spotify as a sidebar app in iPadOS/iOS13, navigating to a podcast and attempting to sort through the “sand which icon” (aka the 3 horizontal lines) the application crashes entirely.

• Visitor
  • Whenever opening Spotify as a sidebar app in iPadOS/iOS13, navigating to a podcast and attempting to sort through the “sand which icon” (aka the 3 horizontal lines) the application crashes entirely.&...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ios13 ipados crash podcast sort
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not downloaded issue

PremiumUKIphone X, iOS 13.2.2 Just moved to an X, from an iPhone 6 plus, upon which Spotify worked well. On the X, I have a play list where around half the songs are hazed out in the play list, and if I try and play I see the error message"song not d...

• Visitor
  • Premium UK Iphone X, iOS 13.2.2   Just moved to an X, from an iPhone 6 plus, upon which Spotify worked well.   On the X, I have a play list where around half the songs are hazed out i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded songs dont play in offline mode

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceIphone 6sOperating SystemiOS 13.2.2 My Question or IssueWhen I try to listen to my downloaded songs in offline mode, without wifi or my internet mobile, only a few songs play, and the others dont and the song cover is...

•   Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Iphone 6s Operating System iOS 13.2.2   My Question or Issue When I try to listen to my downloaded songs in offline mode, without wifi or ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Will no one own responsibility for this???

Ok so I discover the other day that I have been doubled charged for Spotify, one by Spotify for $9.99 and one by iTunes for 12.99, every single month for the last 2+ years!! When I call you know what I get, 2 months from apple back..... 2 MONTHS........

• Visitor
  •   Ok so I discover the other day that I have been doubled charged for Spotify, one by Spotify for $9.99 and one by iTunes for 12.99, every single month for the last 2+ years!! When I call you k...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Accessibility for the blind-low vision broken

The latest version of Spotify has made people who use Voiceover (either on an IPhone or IPad) can no longer read descriptions of any playlists, which was something that was working before. For those with low/no vision it makes navigation unnecessaril...

• Visitor
  • The latest version of Spotify has made people who use Voiceover (either on an IPhone or IPad) can no longer read descriptions of any playlists, which was something that was working before. For those ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sort Liked songs by downloaded?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueWith this new Liked songs playlist taking over for the Songs category it's impossible to only view my offline songs (without taking my whole device offline I guess) Can we...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue With this new Liked songs playlist taking over for the Songs category it's impossible to only...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes

Not playing the playlist songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Deviceiphone XROperating SystemMost updated ios My Question or Issue For the last week, I am selecting playlists or radio and it will play the first song but then it goes to completely random music. And I mean random. No artists...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device iphone XR Operating System Most updated ios   My Question or Issue   For the last week, I am selecting playlists or radio and it w...
  • jhlc
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Download Error

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 12 My Issue"Download Error - downloading has stopped because there's no space left on this device."I keep getting this error message even though I have plenty of space left on my device. I have seen simil...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 12   My Issue "Download Error - downloading has stopped because there's no space left on this device." I keep getting this error messa...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Download error
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify on iPhone 6 doesn't start

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I tap on Spotify, it doesn't open.And I mean it, there's no crash it seems.The app doesn't even start, the icon seems to gray out a little, so it registered a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I tap on Spotify, it doesn't open. And I mean it, there's no crash it seem...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    iphone
    open
    start
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Save a single song

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI always used to be able to save a single song of an artist to my library. Since the new update it seems I have to save/like a complete album...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I always used to be able to save a single song of an ...
  • JoBoy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to play one song on an album

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XROperating Systemios 12.4.1My Question or IssueHello, whenever I try to listen to Chikai by Hikaru Utada nothing happens. Then when I click on the three dots to the side and then the "Allow to play this song" option...

Image-1.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR Operating System ios 12.4.1 My Question or Issue Hello, whenever I try to listen to Chikai by Hikaru Utada nothing happens. Then when I click on the...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] Instructions given by Spotify to reinstall the app are in correct.

To delete and reinstall the Spotify app, press and hold the app, a drop down menu will appear, press rearrange apps this will make the app shake and an X will appear. Pressing the X will delete the app. Press the home button to get back to the normal...

• Visitor
  • To delete and reinstall the Spotify app, press and hold the app, a drop down menu will appear, press rearrange apps this will make the app shake and an X will appear. Pressing the X will delete the a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not connecting to apple Carplay

Spotify will not load contents into apple carplay when car (2019 BMW) is properly connected to Apple carplay and other apps are loading and working correctly. Sometimes it gives a message that it was unable to load but usually the screen is just blan...

• Spotify will not load contents into apple carplay when car (2019 BMW) is properly connected to Apple carplay and other apps are loading and working correctly.  Sometimes it gives a message that...
  • Appaz
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Carplay
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify stops playing randomly on my iPhone and on Alexa devices

I have an iPhone XR and I am in the US. My Spotify Premium stops playing music quite frequently and it even does it when I play my liked songs that I've downloaded to my phone. So Spotify stops the music output, but when I look at my Spotify phone ap...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone XR and I am in the US. My Spotify Premium stops playing music quite frequently and it even does it when I play my liked songs that I've downloaded to my phone. So Spotify stops the m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PREMIUM USER NOW GETTING ADS???!?!?!!

so spotify is pushing pop ups for podcasts... thanks for harassing me more spotify. i dont pay you enough god **bleep** money????!

• Gig Goer
  • so spotify is pushing pop ups for podcasts... thanks for harassing me more spotify. i dont pay you enough god **bleep** money????!
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Ad failed playback due to location

Free PlanUnited States iPhone6 iOS 11.3.1 Spotify will lock when an ad comes up. 90% of the ads received by my device are unable to playback due to location is the error. Then it won't push through, I have to shut down Spotify and restart. I have tri...

•     Free Plan United States   iPhone6   iOS 11.3.1     Spotify will lock when an ad comes up. 90% of the ads received by my device are unable to playback due t...
  • rdebruyn
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Artist “About” page text not appearing on iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemIOS 13.3 My Question or IssueFor many artist pages (eg “Porcupine Tree”), clicking on the About text excerpt opens the About page, but no text appears (only photos).

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System IOS 13.3   My Question or Issue For many artist pages (eg “Porcupine Tree”), clicking on the About text excerpt op...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect stopped working

Hi, Spotify connect does not connect any longer to my Bose Soundbar 700. Airplay works, but not spotify connect.Have uninstalled bose app, spotify but no help.It says that spotify connect is not active on that device. PlanPremiumCountryswedenDevicema...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Spotify connect does not connect any longer to my Bose Soundbar 700. Airplay works, but not spotify connect. Have uninstalled bose app, spotify but no help. It says that spotify connect is not ...
  • erdu
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes