Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 11, Macbook pro

Operating System

iOS 14, Big Sur

My Question or Issue

So I've already emailed spotify support about this but I think I figured out more info so I figured I'd post here in case anyone else has experienced this. Since I got the "recently played" feature in the play queue in the recent updates, there is a bug that's been glitching home page and recently played. Usually the list is just all the individual songs I listened to on any given day. However there have been times where I have listened on an external device (in my case a ps4) in which case the "recently played" will show the album or playlist as kind of a header with the songs that were played in a group under it (I included a screenshot).

Now whenever I load the app, those specific albums/playlists that showed up as "headers" constantly appear at the top of my home page and recently played like it's the only thing spotify registers in my history. You can see the date in the screenshot, I listened to that album over a month ago and it still shows up at the top of my recently played every time I load spotify, whether it is desktop or web player or app. I filter my albums by recently played in my library so I notice every time. They also show up as headers on my homepage that don't refresh (in the "good morning/evening" section).

I've done all the troubleshooting I can, I just hope this bug can be addressed.

IMG_3111.jpg
8 Replies

Hey @graziaaaaaa,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force an account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

If that doesn't fix things - could you share  screenshots of how the Recently played items appear in the Home section of the app and on your MacBook?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I've already done a clean reinstall on everything, and Spotify also cleared my cache from their end. I just did it again though and still no change.

Here are some more screenshots. It's not very clear but the things showing up in the recently played and at the top are only things that were played on the playstation. (If the recently played showed more then the lists would match more perfectly.) Every time I close the app they reappear as if I had just played them, and the "good morning/evening" thing never changes. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 4.31.32 PM.png
IMG_3127.jpg

Hey @graziaaaaaa,

Thanks for trying and for the extra info.

Could you try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your devices to see if you can replicate this behavior? If possible, also try using a different connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot. This would help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue and check if it's related to the account itself.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I think you have the same problem that I have: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Re-Only-the-web-player-affects-home-hub-shortcuts/id...

PS. The ongoing issue thread was poorly put together so the first post is not the first post of the actual thread that I created. 

Sure, I logged into a friend's account and tried to replicate the problem on my devices and also compared it with their devices, and everything seemed to work fine. I tested everything I did on the iPhone, MacBook, and playstation and the same glitch didn't show up on their account. For reference when I checked their "recently played" on the iOS app it all looks like the screenshot in the initial post with the groups and not just a list of songs like I get.

I attached a screen recording of the recently played bug on my own account on the mac too, if this helps. When I quit the app and go back in it scrubs everything that I just played besides what is currently playing.

Also @AeroZ yes that is the same problem I'm having! I didn't realize the grouping of the albums and playlists in the recently played is how it's supposed to show up, I usually just get the song list too. 

PS. There are multiple ongoing issues or threads about listening history and recently played feature. They don’t work at all or work partly. I think they’re all related in some way but we just have to wait and see if Spotify techs/devs find that we’re important enough to allocate time and resources finding and fixing the issue or not since it seems that for some or for the majority those features work fine.

Thanks for telling me, these spotify forums are kind of confusing so I guess I didn't see the others. I saw in your thread that you were only able to get the shortcuts to refresh with the web player and I just tried it and got the same result. I guess I'll just use that for a while but I hope they fix the apps because they feel useless with the bug lol.

You should also post in that ongoing issue. Without enough votes and info they’re not going to even investigate it. 

Suggested posts