Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Shuffle Play"

"Shuffle Play"

My spotify app for my iPhone used to let me listen to music anytime/anywhere, but recently it will only allow me to do "shuffle play," even on a playlist that I have made available offline. Is this some new feature? Or is there a problem with my app? I hope it is the latter because the main reason I liked spotify was that I could hear a song on the radio and then find it and listen to it. Now I can't do that. I have to click shuffle play and cross my fingers that that song comes up.

10 Replies

I have seen responses to similar questions talking about premium accounts so I just want to clarify that I am a premium user. I feel like I have the non-premium app (even though I have signed in) because all I can do is shuffle play. I even deleted the app and downloaded it again to try and fix the issue, but that didn't work.

Could you just check that you still have an active premium subscription hre and double-check that you have logged in with the correct credentials - does your iphone show under "devices" in the desktop client? What happens if you select a track and try to play it?

Think @Joe meant to have a link in that post 😉

Check your subscription status here:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Heh and less typos too 🙂

It looks like I have a free account. I have been a premium user for over a year now and I had it set up to automatically pay my monthly fee with my debit card. I never received notification that service would be discontinued or anything. I need to check my bank statement but it could be that the automatic payments stopped occurring... In any case I would like to get back to my premium account.

Check your bank and your email - if a payment failed you get an email about it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I didn't see any emails from Spotify (even in the spam folder) and no transactions on my bank account. So it seems like the payment wasn't made for some reason but I wasn't notified of that.

I am having the same problem with Spotify on my new Galaxy s5. However, it is still working fine on my iPad2.

I have all my playlists on both the Galaxy s5 and iPad; can select individual songs within a playlist on iPad; Spotify on Galaxy only lets me select 'Shuffle.'

Hey DMP2,

You can check your account status by going to http://www.spotify.com and signing in with the account you believe you have premium on. Once signed in, go to "Account" and check what your subscription status is. If you have Premium, be sure to log in with the same credentials on your Galaxy S5, and you should be able to play music freely then.

If it indicates that account is Free, then odds are you have two accounts floating around, one with your Spotify login credentials, and the other likely associated with your Facebook account. Just login with the one that does have Premium.

@DMP2 @Dapwellbeburnin If you have many accounts running around, you might want to contact Spotify Support to get yourself sorted out.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?_ga=1.238938248.960391241.14041406...

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts