"Something Went Wrong" (dis)like broken

Highlighted

"Something Went Wrong" (dis)like broken

user-removed
Not applicable
Hi,

Whenever I try to thumbs up or thumbs down a song on my iOS app, spotify replies with "something went wrong." This glitch is also in tandem with the fact that the player randomly stops at some point during the night, and goes back to the song that I started with, with the exact same up next list as well.

Any help would be appreciate. I'm running the latest iOS and Spotify builds.
26 Replies

Re: "Something Went Wrong" (dis)like broken

dmoy

I've had the same issue for a while. I had no issue when I had a premium account

Grace
Spotify Legend

Hey guys, 

Sorry to hear this. Does a quick reinstall help at all? https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify.

JacksLibido
I've been having this problem for months. Resetting my phone will let me thumbs up/down once then it does it again. Re-installing does the same thing.

StarSkream
Having the same issue as well. If I reset it works but then stops again.

user-removed
Not applicable
Same issue here. iPhone 6. Have reinstalled, rebooted. Unable to thumbs up or down. Any fix on this?

neelyjo
Casual Listener

Same thing here.  Resetting iPhone helps for a bit (30 minutes, maybe 2-3 likes or dislikes).  Uninstalling and reinstalling app helps for 1 like/dislike.  Please correct this.  Huge bummer.

Winefiend
I have the exact same issue. Any chance this will be fixed in the next version? Grace, can u comment? Is it a particular phone that has this problem? I have an iPhone too.
Thanks

Andy3131
Casual Listener

I've had this bugging me for a while but may have found the solution.............

In the iPhone [Settings], look in the [Spotify] section and enable the 'Background App Refresh'. All seems well again!

IOS 8.0.2

IMG_2060.PNG

delwyn
Casual Listener

That did not fix the issue. Still having the same problem.

iPhone6 IOS 8.0.2

SUGGESTED POSTS