Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Turn off Airplane mode..." Pop up in Offline mode

Solved!

"Turn off Airplane mode..." Pop up in Offline mode

I have an iPod touch which I use for Spotify offline mode with sync'd tracks. Even with offline mode engaged and wifi off, each time I access spotify I get a pop-up asking me to Turn off Airplane mode or use-wifi to Access Data".

Meaning before switching tracks etc., it bugs me to turn on wifi and I have to press the OK button.

This is not a 30 day Spotify connection error, it happens every time I access spotify even if a song is playing via spotify and I click the home button then return to spotify, or if the screen has gone to sleep and I have to enable the screen via the home button or power button and swipe to unlock.

Surely this is a bug and Offline mode enabled should disable this nagging pop-up.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @PhantomG @Liofa

Yes, this annoys me too.

I talked to a developer and they told me due to some connection technologies they use in the app, there is really no way to disable this popup because of iOS.

Hopefully Apple will make improvements in future versions of iOS to improve how you can manage these popups.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I have played around and found that if you turn off wifi, but do not put the itouch into airplane mode you don't get the pop up. I usually just flick airplane mode, so hopefully they can update the app to address this issue.

Any chance somebody found out how to remove the insanely annoying "turn wifi on bla bla" when I turn on airplane mode? I love airplane mode for many reasons and use it maný times a day... Please Spotify, make it go away :=) G

Marked as solution

Hey @PhantomG @Liofa

Yes, this annoys me too.

I talked to a developer and they told me due to some connection technologies they use in the app, there is really no way to disable this popup because of iOS.

Hopefully Apple will make improvements in future versions of iOS to improve how you can manage these popups.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts