Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"setting the volume level for all tracks" on a mobiel device

"setting the volume level for all tracks" on a mobiel device

I am using Spotify through an iPad to play on a larger sound system.  I have a premium account and the Music Quality settings are set to Extreme on the iPad.  I have noticed that there is not an option for setting the volume level for all tracks when playing it on a mobile device!  I am getting a huge amount of volume difference between songs when I play it on an iPad connected to my stereo.  Previously, I used iTunes in conjunction with iVolume (a magic program for leveling music - it worked WONDERS) - and that solved 99% of the leveling problems.  I feel like I'm back to square one with this issue.

When using Spotify on my laptop, I see the option for setting the same volume level for all tracks - but what about using Spotify on a mobile device?  This option does not exist - and there is a HUGE amount of difference when played on a larger system.

Has anyone else noticed this specific problem specifically related to mobile devices and sound systems??  Maybe you don't notice if you're listening to Spotify on headphones - but when played through larger speakers ... the difference is considerable.

Please advise!

7 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

This hasn't been implemented into spotify mobile yet. Feel free to submit an idea in the ideas thread asking for it; I agree it would be useful 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

anyone knows if this function will come in the near future?

@moö wrote:

anyone knows if this function will come in the near future?

The official ideas topic is here but it is yet to reach the kudos threshold to be reviewed by the community staff and development teams. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You would think since all the music is coming from one place (Spotify) .... it would have a simliar level - but there are MASSIVE differences in quality of music.  I use a program with iTunes to level the music and the result is far superior - I can have playlists of various genres of music and it all plays at a similar level.  You'd think Spotify could figure that out, too.

I am having exactly the same problem with volume variance. Soem of the volume differences are quite extreme.

Is there any update on this. I'm using spotify to play music through the sound system in my cafe using a smartphone connected to an amp. I have a premium account but can't set the volume to be the same for all songs. Constantly jumping from too low to too high!?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

You (Spotify) have come a long way, baby. 😉

Suggested posts