Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

search an error occured

Solved!

search an error occured

Hello,

I have an Ipad air and all of sudden spotify tells me "an error occured" when i try to search or browse. Radio works and my music works also. Trying again does nothing.

I also tried:

Logging off, removing app, installing again.

Rebooting device repeatedly.

Removing all offline devices in my spotify account, logging off, removing app, installing again, logging in.

Nothing of the following helped. Please help.

Alan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, found the solution with help of spotify support. The problem was i had US DNS address on my ipad that for some reason caused error with the spotify. When i used different DNS it started working again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi @Alan10,

in this thread a couple of solutions were presented, have you seen it?

One user said "... But after unlinking all devices on spotify.com and 10 times with a cold reboot (power off) it works now. Thnak you for your help"

Another one said "from the app on my phone i clicked the menu screen (three bars at the top left corner) and tapped on my account (the picture and name at the bottom. at that point it pulled up recent artist i listened too... i tapped on one of the artists and it pulled that up... from that point the app unlocked and the glitch stopped happening... very strange indeed..."

Let me know if it any of this help you!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes i have seen it, thanks. Unfortunately it doesnt work.

None of the solutions work for me. Also, they are hardly universal. Something fixing after 10 times reboot? That just doesnt sound like real solution that will work for everyone.

Second post is about phone. I have an ipad, different layout of controls. Also doesnt sound like real solution for everyone, unfortunately.

I even did ipad restore and backup from itunes. Its still broken.

Marked as solution

Hi, found the solution with help of spotify support. The problem was i had US DNS address on my ipad that for some reason caused error with the spotify. When i used different DNS it started working again.

What US DNS address did you use? I'm trying to understand what exactly that is but I'm a little lost. 

Hi @arielns, chances are if you don't know then it's probably not the issue you're experiencing, but you can check by going to Settings > Wifi, tapping the "i" beside your wifi network, then checking the DNS address in there.

You can reset it completely by forgetting your wifi network and readding it.

Suggested posts