show artist on second line when casting to smart speakers

show artist on second line when casting to smart speakers

Free/Premium

US

Device

(iPhone XS, iPad gen 😎

Operating System

iOS 14

When casting to my smart speakers, the interface (whether I open the app or view the lock screen gui), shows song title, album name and artist on the first line and "Listening on <whatever speaker or group of speakers>". In the app, it at least scrolls the first line (the lock screen gui doesn't).

Really, I think most users want to see the song title and artist at a glance. I really don't care about the "Listening on" and can get to that if needed. And, if I want to see the album, I don't mind navigating to that. But, I want to see the song title and artist regularly enough that it should be available at a glance. Please put the title on line one and the artist on line two!

Thanks,

Robert

4 Replies

In first paragraph, it should read that the "Listening on" is on line two...

Hey there @arrhyno,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The same is happening to me on my iPhone XS.  I'm trying Spotify this month.  For this and other reasons, I like Apple Music better.  For example, you can't easily see recent play history.  Only shows 5 popular songs for a given artist (Apple Music shows all songs, from most popular to least).  Can't see what songs are most popular on a given album.  Issues with AirPlay and Sonos.

Hi @Ballwhig

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and will make sure to pass your feedback on to the right team as we always strive to improve our app.

If you need help with anything else, don't hesitate to ask 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts