Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Proceed to App Store/Download app link bug?

Proceed to App Store/Download app link bug?

Hello,

I noticed recently  after clicking Spotify links on mobile, it quickly flashes "proceed to app store, download app" etc, then disappears. I have to click the link 2-3 times for Spotify to open. Had a few people tell me my links were broken, when its just a simple playlist link 😕

"Why not use a landing page or smart link?"... I think people prefer clicking once, and going straight to the song or playlist. 

This was a problem in the past but at least the box would stay open and you could click download app and it would send you to Spotify. Anyone else noticed this, or know a way around it? 

Also noticed on the web version there is now an "Opening Spotify" animation that could be causing this? (Unless I'm late to see that)

1 Reply

Hey @jlisk,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We haven't seen any similar reports of this recently, but would be happy to take a closer look. Would you mind posting a song or playlist link here so we can check it out from our end?

In any case, it's a good idea to also run a clean reinstall of the app. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts