Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Stops playing after a few seconds

Plan: PremiumCountry: Germany Device: iPhone X Operating System(iOS 14.0.1) The music stops playing after just a few seconds (varies between 5sec-1min) of playtime. This happens while the app is open, while using social media (or any other app) and a...

• Visitor
  •   Plan: Premium Country: Germany   Device: iPhone X   Operating System (iOS 14.0.1)   The music stops playing after just a few seconds (varies between 5sec-1min) of ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local files disappearing and not downloading correctly

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 13.7 My Question or Issuehi,I've been using Local Files for a while now and never had any problems when I downloaded some songs into my playlists. However, I was going to do the exact sam...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 13.7   My Question or Issue hi, I've been using Local Files for a while now and never had any problems when I d...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Music pausing at the beginning of a song.

PlanFamily premiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone SE space gray 32GB apple refurbishedOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1 Spotify is up to date (8.5.60) Ever since the 8.5.60 update I’ve been having a problem where exactly 1, 2, or 10 seconds into a song the song will...

• Regular
  • Plan Family premium Country USA Device iPhone SE space gray 32GB apple refurbished Operating System iOS 13.5.1   Spotify is up to date (8.5.60)    Ever since the 8.5.60 upda...
  • JohnnyERussell
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Shortcuts on iOS 14

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 8, iPad Air 3, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 14, ipadOS 14, macOS Catalina .) My Question or IssueHi, I just updated the software on my iPhone to iOS 14 and I wanted to see if there are any plans to add...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 8, iPad Air 3, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 14, ipadOS 14, macOS Catalina .)   My Question or Issue Hi, I just updated the softw...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Discussion
  • 3 replies
  • 18 likes

Superuser Contribution How to shuffle your playlists?

i have a trouble with my spoty playlists. Can’t find the shuffle button nowhere. Here for example screenshots where I can play shuffle and where it seems to be impossible. What should I do to play music randomly?

• Visitor
  • i have a trouble with my spoty playlists. Can’t find the shuffle button nowhere. Here for example screenshots where I can play shuffle and where it seems to be impossible. What should I do to play mu...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluesound Pulse 2i cannot connect to Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryCzech republicDeviceiPhone 5sOperating System(iOS 12.4.8, Windows 10 64-bit My Question or IssueHi,I cannot connect Bluesound Pulse 2i via Spotify app using either iPhone 5s with iOS 12.4.8 or PC running Windows 10 64 bit. All other...

• Plan Premium Country Czech republic Device iPhone 5s Operating System (iOS 12.4.8, Windows 10 64-bit   My Question or Issue Hi, I cannot connect Bluesound Pulse 2i via Spotify app usi...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album artwork

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone XR, Macbook Air)Operating System(iOS 14, etc.) My Question or IssueSome songs have video clips...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone XR, Macbook Air) Operati...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 9 Spotify App

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 4sOperating SystemiOS 9.3.6 My Question or IssueWhere can I find a compatible app for my old iPhone 4s with iOS 9.3.6?

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 4s Operating System iOS 9.3.6   My Question or Issue Where can I find a compatible app for my old iPhone 4s with iOS 9.3.6?  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist redirects to playlist radio after ads

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueSorry to bother you but I couldn't find anything online talking about this. I was listening to one of my playlists (which is about 32 hours long) and when the ads co...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Sorry to bother you but I couldn't find anything online talking about this. I was listeni...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playing entire Playlist Folders

I have several Playlist Folders, with multiple playlists in each. (For instance, I have a Playlist Folder titled "The Hits" with 5 Playlists from 5 different decades of hits). Up until recently, there was an option to "Play All Songs" which would ran...

• Casual Listener
  • I have several Playlist Folders, with multiple playlists in each. (For instance, I have a Playlist Folder titled "The Hits" with 5 Playlists from 5 different decades of hits). Up until recently, ther...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 15 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify radio is missing the song it is based on

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueHello, I noticed that when starting a radio based on a song, the song itself is no longer featured at the beginning of the radio list. I have updated the app to its most recent vers...

• Plan Premium   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Hello, I noticed that when starting a radio based on a song, the song itself is no longer featured at ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution The Spotify app on my iPhone keeps connecting to various devices that I’ve deliberately forgotten.

I have an iPhone Xr with iOS 13.7. In the Spotify app and through Bluetooth, I have connected to my stereo system, my Echo Dot, my MacBook, and my mom’s Echo. I’ve connected to a few other devices over the years, but I’ve since “forgot” them through ...

• I have an iPhone Xr with iOS 13.7. In the Spotify app and through Bluetooth, I have connected to my stereo system, my Echo Dot, my MacBook, and my mom’s Echo. I’ve connected to a few other devices ov...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add All Videos Musics of a Youtube Channel To Spotify

Hi allThere is a youtube channel with more than 50 videoshttps://www.youtube.com/c/ChilledCow/videosI wanna add these musics to my spotifysoundiiz.com recomended for this. but soundiiz works with youtube playlist i cant find how add all 50 videos of ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all There is a youtube channel with more than 50 videos https://www.youtube.com/c/ChilledCow/videos I wanna add these musics to my spotify soundiiz.com recomended for this. but soundiiz works ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Queue list not showing the last song

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.0.1 My Question or IssueHello, i have a problem with the Mobile version of Spotify for 2 months that i never had before. When i add some songs to my queue list, the last one is not display...

ACD221C1-1A35-4800-9EA7-B03814C4643C.jpeg
  •   Plan Premium Country  France Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.0.1   My Question or Issue Hello, i have a problem with the Mobile version of Spotify for 2 months tha...
  • atrod02
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

My downloads aren’t working

I have Spotify premium, and I’ve had it for over a year now. I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify a while ago, just to clear up my phone briefly. I tried to download songs from one of my playlists again, but nothing is downloading. It says it’s down...

• Visitor
  • I have Spotify premium, and I’ve had it for over a year now. I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify a while ago, just to clear up my phone briefly. I tried to download songs from one of my playlists a...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Group session doesn’t disconnect

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.01 My Question or IssueScenario: I join a group session at a friend’s house and collaboratively play music (no problems with this part), then I exit the Spotify app, go home, and th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 14.01   My Question or Issue Scenario: I join a group session at a friend’s house and collaboratively play musi...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local file not showing up on mobile app when it's downloaded on desktop app

I followed all the steps in this article to get a song from my desktop onto the local files on my desktop Spotify app, but when I try to get the playlist with the songs on it to my iPhone mobile Spotify app, nothing shows up and it says that the song...

• Casual Listener
  • I followed all the steps in this article to get a song from my desktop onto the local files on my desktop Spotify app, but when I try to get the playlist with the songs on it to my iPhone mobile...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    local file
    Mobile
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Radio Doesn't Involve The Song Itself

Hi, When I select a song to play its radio, the radio list doesn't involve the song itself. This was happening for a while before, but with an update they've solved this issue. But now I see that it turned back and I think this is a mistake. What I l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   When I select a song to play its radio, the radio list doesn't involve the song itself. This was happening for a while before, but with an update they've solved this issue. But now I see...
  • skamac137
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! When I hit pause, the song always restarts from the beginning when I hit play

Plan - Duo, currently on free trial but will be premium.Free/PremiumCountry - USA Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) - iPhone 8 PlusOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueEvery time I hit pa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Duo, currently on free trial but will be premium. Free/Premium Country - USA   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) - iPhone 8 Plus Operating System (iOS 10, ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files showing but not playing

I downloaded local files from my macbook to my iphone, however some of the files won't play. The playlist I added the local files to is downloaded on both and the little green arrows show up next to all the songs. All songs appear on the playlist, ho...

• Casual Listener
  • I downloaded local files from my macbook to my iphone, however some of the files won't play. The playlist I added the local files to is downloaded on both and the little green arrows show up next to ...
  • 21ur4vdpgtjhsec
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    Troubleshooting
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes