Plan

Free

Country

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

can anyone help? basically i’ve started using spotify like a week ago. i have a free account. a couple of days ago i’ve noticed that all the playlists i’ve created (they were literally stuffed with songs and were playing completely fine before) now contain a shorter version of each song. i can’t hear any songs in their full length anymore and the only way i’m able to play my playlists is when i click on the shuffle button. i’ve tried installing the app again but nothing changed. what’s the matter here? whatever it may be, it SUCKS. 

1 Reply

Hello @inigi

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

On-demand mobile access is available only for Premium users. However, it's available on selected playlists for Free users as well, there will be no shuffle symbol next to the title of the playlist. That means, you can choose a song you want to play and you have unlimited skips.

On other playlists there's only the shuffle option to play full-length songs, not only the short previews. 

You can still play on-demand using e.g. a desktop, even without Premium Subscription.

You were able to enjoy some of the Premium functions before most likely because of the one week free trials for new users. 

If you wan't to see the comparison of different Premium plans offered by Spotify, make sure to check out this support article

More detail on how Spotify Free works on mobile can be found here

I hope this shed some light! 

Suggested posts