Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify app wont open if no internet connection

spotify app wont open if no internet connection

Plan premium

Free/Premium

Country sweden

Device iphone 5

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

hey, I have a problem with the app on an Iphone 5. As long as I have internet connection the spotify app works fine but as soon im in a dead zone or offline the app shuts down and wont open again. feels great now that I decided to get premium... 

12 Replies

hey there, i had the same problem on my old phone. I just deleted the app and reinstalled it. It was an easy fix, don't now if you tried that yet?

that is the first step when trying to solve a problem and I missed it, haha. Did it now though and the problem stays the same. Any other ideas?

Thank you! 🙂

I'm sorry I don't have another solution, that simple thing did the trick for me. Hope u get it solved soon man

Hi, 

Please tell us why the app crashes. How? Check this:

https://www.macobserver.com/tips/quick-tip/how-to-find-app-crash-reports-iphone-ipad/

There's a file which starts with spotify.

Regards,

René

I don’t really know. I’m opening the app then I see the logo for 5 seconds and then it jumps back to home screen.
If I double press the home button to see which programs still runs spotify shows up.
As soon as I have internet connection the app works without any problems.
I found the analys data but it doesn’t say me anything.
Got offline to see if it would logg the shut down but it didn’t.

Found one from yesterday it says EXC_BAD_ACESS (SIGSEGV) and KERN_INVALID_ADRESS (triggers by thread 5 with is default worker.
Don’t know if this helps you?

Kind regards

Truls

me too! thanks for your reply!!

Truls

Unfortunately the message is not very helpful, hoped it would give us more details.

okey, my message or the analysis? i can send i print screen if that would make any difference. 

Yes, please.

67149012_1121986161342823_8487229575921664000_n.jpg67417869_873045943068054_711046189633503232_n.jpg

Ok,

Two different stack traces, one with an error to access local storage which is weird, the other with a network error which is expected.

Hopefully spotify engineers can have a deeper look.

The information you provided should be very helpful.

Regards,

René

Great! So all I can do is wait for an software update?

Thanks for your answer.

regards
Truls

Suggested posts