Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify ios app wont load images or podcasts

Solved!

spotify ios app wont load images or podcasts

Plan

Premium (student)

Country

Netherlands (country of account), Switzerland (country of use)

Device

iPhone SE (Gen 6)

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

App version

My Question or Issue

My Spotify iOS app does not load images or any details of podcasts. I can only play a podcast episode if it has been downloaded previously or if it has started playing through the Desktop app. Even suggested podcast episodes on the home screen do not load, but podcast episodes can load from the podcast episode stream (not useful for older episodes). 

No error message is given when I try to go to a podcast page/profile, just blank. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, which is now the latest version. I have restarted my phone multiple times with no luck. 

I can access Liked Songs and other playlists and can also search and open Artist pages, including playing random songs from search, the problem is only with podcasts, and podcast/song images also don't work.

The problems began when I tried to update to iOS13, which failed due to connectivity issues. I have since also cleared the cache and freed up memory space (54.3GB used of 64GB).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @acomyn,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Since what you're experiencing might be due to your iOS not updating correctly, would you mind removing the download of the new operating system and then updating iOS again on your phone or updating it using a laptop through iTunes? This should do the trick. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @acomyn,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Since what you're experiencing might be due to your iOS not updating correctly, would you mind removing the download of the new operating system and then updating iOS again on your phone or updating it using a laptop through iTunes? This should do the trick. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Thanks! Took a while to update the OS but Spotify is working again 🙂

Hey @acomyn,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad the suggestions helped 🙂 

We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts