volume control spotify connect

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 8

Ipad 2nd generation ios 11.03.1

My Question or Issue

Maybe I am to dumb or I didn't research thoroughly, but I am unable to find any answer to my problem:

I am running spotify premium on an ipad, which is connected to an amplifier. Through my I-phone I comfortably telecommand my playlist and all features provided by Spotify connect.

Only the volume control doesn't work!!! There is no fader, nothing to telecommand the volume . The hardware volume control of the I-phone doesnt work neither.

As I can't imagine the Spotify Guys so ignorant of not implementing this very basic feature, I am pretty sure that its my fault.

Where could I possibly find the most basic feature of any music playing device apart from the power switch?

Thank you for your support!!

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

This is an intended behavior when using Spotify Connect. Users can only manage what music plays, but the volume controls are only accessible from the device they're connecting to.

A few ideas about this topic have been submitted in the Community: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Connect-Control-Volume-from-Android-to-Android/idi-p/9.... However, they've all been closed as inactive, so I suggest you to post a new idea about it 🙂

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts