Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

why is this song playing?

Solved!

why is this song playing?

I created a playlist from one album from on artist- i pressed shuffle play and after about 5 songs it jumped to a song NOT on that album.

okay, thats not toooo bad. but i'm only into hearing this artist's older work. let me try making a playlist from starred tracks.

so i starred tracks from three albums by this artist- i pressed shuffle play and after a few songs that i had starred, a song by a completely different artist starting playing. i have never searched for this artist, let alone starred their music.

why is is this happening? is this how spotify works? i was led to believe that if i was paying for  premiu i could shuffle play ONLY the artist and albums i wanted.

thanks for the help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You could listen to an artist catalogue on shuffle from the artist page from what I know, but if you are playing from a playlist or album page on free on a mobile device you may get suggested tracks yes.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You will get "suggested" tracks added into your play queue if the playlist has less than 12 tracks or doesn't have enough diversity (of artists) in the tracks.

Peter

so i cant listen to a playlist of only one artist without spotify interjecting others? 

Marked as solution

You could listen to an artist catalogue on shuffle from the artist page from what I know, but if you are playing from a playlist or album page on free on a mobile device you may get suggested tracks yes.

Peter

Thanks for the knowledge!

Suggested posts