Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

won't let me search music

Solved!

won't let me search music

i'm trying to download new songs on my iphone 5 and it just kept saying 'an error has occured' and had a try again button but it did nothing. i then tried to search on my laptop and it said the same thing. So i updated my card details and updated the app and nothing happened. I also turned my phone and my laptop off and on and nothing happened. I also deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled it and nothing happen and i also deleted some of my playlist to make new room and nothing happened. Someone please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@youngturck There's a new update to Spotify iOS version 1.7, go and grab it via the App Store
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

the same thing is happening to me, every time i search for music on my mac, phone or ipad spotify apps it just says error occured

See this topic, Spotify are investigating:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/An-error-occurred-Please-try-searching-ag...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I think i sorted it out, I logged into my account online, clicked on 'offline devices' and clicked remove all and then all of a sudden spotify began working on all my devices 🙂

me too, everything was fine until i updated it today

it worked for me and now its stopped working again!

i did it and it worked once then start saying error agin

The search engine still isn't working, I was like 5 mins ago and now it's suddenly stopped working again

I'm trying to make a playlist but I can't search for anything now, sort it out please

Is this problem still happening?
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

UPDATE

I just heard back from Spotify that there was a minor bug affecting the search services for a very short while during 7 Sep 2014, it should be solved by now.
I'm here to shuffle!

It's not fixed.  I am trying to search right now and it's still giving me the "an error occured/try again" message.  iPhone 5C, iOS 7.1.2, Spotify 1.6.0.  I can access all my own playlists but search is dead.

Jenn

@jeremygoh wrote:
UPDATE

I just heard back from Spotify that there was a minor bug affecting the search services for a very short while during 7 Sep 2014, it should be solved by now.

Marked as solution

@youngturck There's a new update to Spotify iOS version 1.7, go and grab it via the App Store
I'm here to shuffle!

@jeremygoh wrote:

Thanks, I had checked for an update before I posted and I didn't see anything, but it's working now that I updated the app.

Same here! 1 hour it was working ago but now it's not. 

Here too. Seemed to no longer search after I clicked "downloaded" to remove some music from my offline list. Coincidence?

Suggested posts