Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

wth HAPPENED

wth HAPPENED

I got a new Spotify and it completely updated. I can’t find my friends Spotify. The new search button says “search for artists, playlists, or songs” how am I supposed to search for other users then? 

1 Reply

Hi, Elizabeth2394,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. There are two solutions I can think of:

• Spotify has a very advanced search syntax that not many users know about. It's pretty useful to look into for the future, and I use it a lot. Not mentioned in that link is another syntax option which lets you search for users! All you need to do is type in the following query and you should find the user you're interested in. In the screenshot below, I show searching for myself on Desktop. I also embedded a screen recording of the same process on iOS.
      spotify:user:username
      Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 8.44.02 PM.png

• Another option is to check that Facebook is still connected properly. Head to Spotify on Desktop and navigate to Preferences > Social > Facebook and ensure that Facebook is properly connected. Restarting the app should then resync your friends. If you accidentally deactivated your Facebook, you can reactivate it.

Please let me know if this helps! 

Suggested posts