Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Please solve Bug playing mixed playlists of Local and Spotify Files

Can you please fix the IOS bug that has been around for 2 years and discussed in several threads on the forums including the one below.  

This bug means that when you have a playlist of mixed local tracks and spotify tracks, playback often (always?) stops after the second spotify track in the playlist.  More detailed testing info is available from several people in several of these threads, and also a way to recreate this problem.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad/Songs-occasionally-won-t-start-in-mobile/m-p/1...

For ease I have pasted in below a relevant post detailing how to recreate this bug

Still same issue - Iphone 5S upgraded to latest IOS and latest version.  I did quite a bit of testing on this back in July, and I am copying in here my findings of how to repeat this:

Create a playlist with:

Track 1 = A spotify only track

Track 2 = A local track (doesn't matter whether it's matched or not).

Track 3 = A spotify track.

It seems actually to be on the second played spotify track and after a local track that the freeze occurs.  First spotify track in the list plays fine.

If I remember correctly, someone called Victor who said he was from Spotify support was able to duplicate my test above.

NOTE:

- You must have the list switched to "available offline" for this issue to occur.

- You must play the list above without shuffle being on for this test to consistently show up the issue as it's the second spotify track after intervening local tracks that causes the issue.  If you have a long playlist with a combination of many local and spotify tracks in it, and you use shuffle, this will seem like random freezes.

- You must let the device play through the tracks skipping forward to the 3rd track you will NOT see the issue.

- Once this issue occurs, on the screen you will most likely see the track ticking forward through the seconds as if it's actually playing, but no sound will come out.  If you use your finger to slide the play slider back to the beginning, it will then start playing normally.

- On my iphone 5S, I have found that this test only works when the screen is on.  If the sceen is off (blank) all tracks will play correctly.  However, I have seen the freeze occur later on in large playlists even with the screen off, so I think it's more repeatable in a short playlist with the screen on.  Other users on the thread challenged this and said that for them having screen on or off made no difference.  I tested this again yesterday and for me it was still the same and the screen on or off affected the test, at least if you are only using 3 tracks as described above.

The next effect of all this is that if you like to have playlists with lots of spotify and local tracks in them, you will experience "random" freezing.

Who Me Too'd this topic