Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

[Android] Local files randomly turn unplayable eventhough still downloaded

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

Germany

Device

HTC One A9s

Operating System

Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)

My Question or Issue

After synchronising songs from a desktop device over the same WiFi network some of the local songs have randomly been greyed out. They still have the green "downloaded" icon but will not be played in a playlist (no matter if shuffled or not). Instead, it will be skipped as though it was never downloaded. The context menu for these files only displays "I like this song" and "remove from playlist", nothing else. Clicking on it will play the song, both in online and offline mode. However, it cannot be played any other way (as it is not played in playlists and cannot be put into the play queue) and as soon as it ends, skipping back to it does not work.

Completely wiping Spotifys Cache and downloading all songs again fixes the problem temporarily until the next few songs are greyed out again. It seems to happen to different songs (in the attachment, the first picture was the first time it happened. The two other pictures are from the second time - the songs are different. The songs affected the first time were not affected the second time.)

I was not able to reliably reproduce this behaviour yet.

Screenshot_20190703-183900.png
Screenshot_20190708-144855.png
Screenshot_20190708-145003.png
Who Me Too'd this topic