Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with Juli 3 Update

Hi, yesterday i got an update of the Spotify Client. If i try to play Music the app just crash. If i try to open the Spotify Connect/Devices page the app freezes with a black screen and android asks to kill the non responding app. Something is wrong ...

• Regular
  • Hi,   yesterday i got an update of the Spotify Client. If i try to play Music the app just crash. If i try to open the Spotify Connect/Devices page the app freezes with a black screen and andr...
  • Shiro
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs keep getting removed

Hi guys,I was wondering if anybody else was having the same ongoing issue that I do. Every so often, all my downloaded songs are removed completely and I cannot listen to any offline. It has happened at least 5 times to me now.Thanks in advance,Glynn

• Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody else was having the same ongoing issue that I do. Every so often, all my downloaded songs are removed completely and I cannot listen to any offline. It has happ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crashing right after playing any song or even just opening radio tab

Hey, since yesterday i can not use the app anymore.It opens fine, i browse to a song, start it, it plays for about half a second and then the app just quits and my phone returns to the home screen. Opening it again displays a dark screen for a second...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, since yesterday i can not use the app anymore. It opens fine, i browse to a song, start it, it plays for about half a second and then the app just quits and my phone returns to the home scree...
  • Teslatradeup
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files and Android

Hi,Just trying to clarify some things, hopefully more knowledgable members can help me out here. I have some songs that aren't on the spotify library (covers/remixes/foregin languages/etc.) and I copied them onto my phone storage (android). I was abl...

• Hi, Just trying to clarify some things, hopefully more knowledgable members can help me out here. I have some songs that aren't on the spotify library (covers/remixes/foregin languages/etc.) and I...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Horrible update

I don't want the new update but I can't​ get rid of it. I tried everything and I don't know what to do anymore.

• I don't want the new update but I can't​ get rid of it. I tried everything and I don't know what to do anymore.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unknown User

Hello, I was using my spotify on my android as usual but i have noticed how the "Discover Weekly" have changed drasticly the latest weeks. Containing music i would never listen to. Today when listening to one of my playlists the songs started changin...

• Hello,    I was using my spotify on my android as usual but i have noticed how the "Discover Weekly" have changed drasticly the latest weeks. Containing music i would never listen to.&nbs...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Equalizador Áudio FX

Após atualização para Android 7.1.1 sumiu o menu Equalizador das configurações. Sempre utilizei o equalizador para ajustar as músicas de acordo com minha preferência e de acordo com o aparelho que faço emparelhamento.

• Após atualização para Android 7.1.1 sumiu o menu Equalizador das configurações. Sempre utilizei o equalizador para ajustar as músicas de acordo com minha preferência e de acordo com o aparelho que fa...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Weird behaviour, unknown sources from spotify connect plays songs on my account

It started happening since few days now, I'm just listening to some playlist of mine (or any track available) when suddently the track that was playing is changed by some song I don't want to listen to (currently its Chris Brown or Gloria Prince) and...

• It started happening since few days now, I'm just listening to some playlist of mine (or any track available) when suddently the track that was playing is changed by some song I don't want to listen ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play wont let me play songs

Sine im broke af, i cancelled spotify premium. But i left it on shuffle play on this device before i cancelled, so i cant play a song without pressing shuffle play in my playlist. I cant turn it off since you need premium and when i press the shuffle...

• Casual Listener
  • Sine im broke af, i cancelled spotify premium. But i left it on shuffle play on this device before i cancelled, so i cant play a song without pressing shuffle play in my playlist. I cant turn it off ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

reporting a playlist

hi everyone! someone recently made a playlist which has an extremely inappropriate and disgusting title. i wanted to report it before the person it's targeted at sees it, but it seems i don't have any options to do so. is there anyway i can?

• hi everyone! someone recently made a playlist which has an extremely inappropriate and disgusting title. i wanted to report it before the person it's targeted at sees it, but it seems i don't have an...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Beta forum acces

I do not have access to the beta forums even though I'm enrolled in the Android beta. I am having issues with the current beta and don't with to post in the general forum.Thanks

• I do not have access to the beta forums even though I'm enrolled in the Android beta. I am having issues with the current beta and don't with to post in the general forum. Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Update breaks ford sync applink

My phone updated to spotify 8.4.5.1092 yesterday and I can no longer use it in my car with Ford Sync, is this going to be fixed or do I need to try and roll back to an earlier version?

• Casual Listener
  • My phone updated to spotify 8.4.5.1092 yesterday and I can no longer use it in my car with Ford Sync, is this going to be fixed or do I need to try and roll back to an earlier version?
  • Jaso3333
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Notifications?

How come I don't get push notifications anymore when an artist I follow releases new music?

• Casual Listener
  • How come I don't get push notifications anymore when an artist I follow releases new music?
  • justinewin_
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes on latest Android version

When I select any song, it will play for about a second. After that, the app will crash and force close.Spotify version: 8.4.9.249Device: OnePlus 3Android version: 7.1.1I have also seen other reports that the same issue has been occurring to them too...

• Regular
  • When I select any song, it will play for about a second. After that, the app will crash and force close. Spotify version: 8.4.9.249 Device: OnePlus 3 Android version: 7.1.1 I have also seen o...
  • VincentJoshuaET
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify unable to find my downloaded music

Hi This is an issue I am dealing with since a long time now. I'm a premium user and I have the app installed on my Sony Xperia M4 Aqua Dual. The problem is that sometime, I can't access to the albums and playlists I have downoladed. When I try, it ju...

• Hi   This is an issue I am dealing with since a long time now. I'm a premium user and I have the app installed on my Sony Xperia M4 Aqua Dual.  The problem is that sometime, I can't...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't donload songs

Downloading hangs at 1/539. Updating the app, signing in and out, deleting cache and data, downloading to internal storage instead of SD card didn't help. Premium subscription is active.Any help will be appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • Downloading hangs at 1/539. Updating the app, signing in and out, deleting cache and data, downloading to internal storage instead of  SD card didn't help. Premium subscription is active. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Previously downloaded songs got "undownloaded"

Hello,I have approximately 1.3k songs saved and today I left the premium and started premium family. All my music appears as if I had to download again. Do I really need to download everything again?Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have approximately 1.3k songs saved and today I left the premium and started premium family. All my music appears as if I had to download again. Do I really need to download everything agai...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playing the downloaded version of a song, even when in Online mode

Hi all.I'd like to know how Spotify play a downloaded song.I mean, it seems that even when a song has been downloaded, and I'm in Online mode, Spotify tries to stream it from the network, as well.So it happens that the song interrupts when the signal...

• Hi all. I'd like to know how Spotify play a downloaded song. I mean, it seems that even when a song has been downloaded, and I'm in Online mode, Spotify tries to stream it from the network, as well...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't clean my memory with offline mode

If I delete an album that I've download, I still have the data on my galaxy S6 so it takes memory even when I don't want anymore a song ! A solution exept delete all the data of my app ?

• If I delete an album that I've download, I still have the data on my galaxy S6 so it takes memory even when I don't want anymore a song ! A solution exept delete all the data of my app ?
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Download music for offline mode

Sorry for my english but i'm italian....I have the premium mode for my samsung galaxy s7 but i can't download my playlist or any playlist or songI have disintall the applticationI clear the chaceI DON'T KNOW HOW I CAN DOWNLOAD AND I'M ANGRY BECAUSE I...

• Sorry for my english but i'm italian.... I have the premium mode for my samsung galaxy s7 but i can't download my playlist or any playlist or song I have disintall the appltication I clear the cha...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes