Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Loss of downloaded Albums

Ola all, So I am a Premium user but every now and then the app on my LG G4 keeps wiping out anything I have downloaded so they are not available off-line. The space is still taken up on the phone’s memory, I just have to go through the effort to redo...

• Ola all,   So I am a Premium user but every now and then the app on my LG G4 keeps wiping out anything I have downloaded so they are not available off-line. The space is still taken up on the ...
  • Brammetje
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks missing from playlist

I built a playlist on my PC and it does appear in my Android phone (Google Pixel), but many of the tracks that appear on my PC are not appearing in the same playlist on my phone. I've tried ensuring that they were both sorted by date, so that's not t...

• I built a playlist on my PC and it does appear in my Android phone (Google Pixel), but many of the tracks that appear on my PC are not appearing in the same playlist on my phone.  I've tried ens...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Max Downloads

So, I've seen it somewhere that each device is allowed 3,333 songs or something in that area.First, why is there a limit? If I can have multiple devices with that much, why not just allow me 10,000 songs on one device?Second, is there a place to see ...

• Music Fan
  • So, I've seen it somewhere that each device is allowed 3,333 songs or something in that area. First, why is there a limit? If I can have multiple devices with that much, why not just allow me 10,000...
  • hesi02
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Last.fm Wrong Username and Password Error

I am running Spotify on Android on my phone, and every time I open the app I receive a Last.fm error that says Wrong Username and Password. I don't want to scrobble from my phone. I've turned off Last.fm Scrobbling on my mobile device and I've logged...

• Casual Listener
  • I am running Spotify on Android on my phone, and every time I open the app I receive a Last.fm error that says Wrong Username and Password. I don't want to scrobble from my phone. I've turned off Las...
  • tulusda
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify is always undownloading my saved music - sometimes logging me out altogether

I'm quickly running out of patience with this app. For the 3rd time in as many weeks, today I found all of the music stored on my phone with Spotify mysteriously undownloaded. This happens to me regularly, but with varying frequency - and when it bec...

• I'm quickly running out of patience with this app. For the 3rd time in as many weeks, today I found all of the music stored on my phone with Spotify mysteriously undownloaded. This happens to me regu...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

No se reproducen las canciones en modo sin conexión.

Hola, tengo un Moto G Play. Y tengo ese problema, ya las descargué al almacenamiento interno, a la SD y hasta reinstale la app y el problema persiste. Exijo una solución ya.

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, tengo un Moto G Play. Y tengo ese problema, ya las descargué al almacenamiento interno, a la SD y hasta reinstale la app y el problema persiste. Exijo una solución ya.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I got premium, but only can play music like free

I can't play the music that I want, only can play like a free account

• I can't play the music that I want, only can play like a free account
  • JFiveJ5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Gboad voice typing doesn't pause music anymore

I found out that Spotify on my Oneplus 3 doesn't pause anymore when I press the microphone button on Gboard to activate voice typing. When I hit the mic button, the music just keeps on playing. I used that in the past so I know that this was working ...

• Roadie
  • I found out that Spotify on my Oneplus 3 doesn't pause anymore when I press the microphone button on Gboard to activate voice typing. When I hit the mic button, the music just keeps on playing. &nbs...
  • goldengoal11
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • gboard
    mute
    pause
    voice typing
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Android unit does loggin as Premium user

My Android Samsung Galaxy S7 with the lates app says I only have the free version of spotify. If I loggin on my account on the web it's a Premium account. I have logged out no difference. Reinstalled the app, no difference. This problem started a cou...

• Casual Listener
  • My Android Samsung Galaxy S7 with the lates app says I only have the free version of spotify. If I loggin on my account on the web it's a Premium account. I have logged out no difference. Reinstalled...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Importing local files to PC Desktop Client

Hi, The last few months I;ve been unable to import my local files into spotify from my NAS. The import starts then slows down, then the cpu and memory usages of Spotify starts to climb to a point where my pc locks up. Even tried copying some of the f...

• Regular
  • Hi, The last few months I;ve been unable to import my local files into spotify from my NAS.   The import starts then slows down, then the cpu and memory usages of Spotify starts to climb to a ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

the app shuts down

The spotify app shuts down randomly with no reason.I use fairly new phone ie Huawei P9 Lite (with Android 6.0).This is the only app with such a problem. I ve checked RAM memory and there is plenty of it. The problem started after last update.What's w...

• Casual Listener
  • The spotify app shuts down randomly with no reason. I use fairly new phone ie Huawei P9 Lite (with Android 6.0). This is the only app with such a problem. I ve checked RAM memory and there is plent...
  • jbrady
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sd storage Problems

Hi,I have a Sony xz mobile Phone and struggling to store on sd card. I have tried to delete Cache of Spotify App, to reinstall Spotify App, to manually delete the Spotify folder under Android /data and to Use another sd card As well As setting downlo...

• Hi, I have a Sony xz mobile Phone and struggling to store on sd card. I have tried to delete Cache of Spotify App, to reinstall Spotify App, to manually delete the Spotify folder under Android /da...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant download

Whenever i try to download it, it says google authentication is required. Ive logged into both google and made my own spotify account, but it still says it...im getting really upset and impatient.

• Whenever i try to download it, it says google authentication is required. Ive logged into both google and made my own spotify account, but it still says it...im getting really upset and impatient.
  • Lovatic4life125
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Play local music

I download music directly to my phone through websites and spotify. I want to play these songs on spotify along with my spotify songs without using a computer. I do have premium

• Casual Listener
  • I download music directly to my phone through websites and spotify. I want to play these songs on spotify along with my spotify songs without using a computer. I do have premium
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mancanza album

"Stanotte è uscito un'album e ho notato che in molti lo hanno sia chi ha spotify premium che quello gratis, a me non è uscito, proprio non c'è! Ho provato a scansionare l'album da un altro telefono ma compaiono solo le 4 canzoni già uscite in precede...

• "Stanotte è uscito un'album e ho notato che in molti lo hanno sia chi ha spotify premium che quello gratis, a me non è uscito, proprio non c'è! Ho provato a scansionare l'album da un altro telefono m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

album art

Why is the album art keep disappearing everytime i use the offline mode??

• Why is the album art keep disappearing everytime i use the offline mode??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops playing after ads (mobile, pc, and Chromecast)

It started doing this a couple weeks ago, I haven't had any problems the past couple of years using the app. It will either finish the add and then not continue to the music or it won't even start the add but it's on the screen. It does it most often...

• Casual Listener
  • It started doing this a couple weeks ago, I haven't had any problems the past couple of years using the app. It will either finish the add and then not continue to the music or it won't even start th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist gone

Tengo muchas listas de canciones en mi cuenta y hace como una semana me di cuenta que una de las primeras listas que hice ya no estaba, revisando más a fondo vi que no era la única lista que desaparecióEs importante decir que las listas pérdidas son ...

• Casual Listener
  • Tengo muchas listas de canciones en mi cuenta y hace como una semana me di cuenta que una de las primeras listas que hice ya no estaba, revisando más a fondo vi que no era la única lista que desapare...
  • Dentarx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Canceled my subscription and now my music won't play

I canceled my premium subscription. Now none of the music will play. Nothing I have downloaded will play. Neither will any of the music on the radio stations. I have updated it. Even uninstalled and re installed the app. Still nothing! I love Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • I canceled my premium subscription. Now none of the music will play. Nothing I have downloaded will play. Neither will any of the music on the radio stations. I have updated it. Even uninstalled and ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes After 10 seconds

Hello,i've got the problem that every time i use Spotify and i leave the app to do something else, the Spotify App closes completly after 10 seconds? Thanks for your help

• Visitor
  • Hello, i've got the problem that every time i use Spotify and i leave the app to do something else, the Spotify App closes completly after 10 seconds? Thanks for your help
  • gryffyn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes