Announcements

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

android app doesn't update automatically

the spotify app is set to get automatic updates from play store, same as my other apps. however, spotify is the only one that doesn't work. what can i do? i have cleared the cache, removed all spotify-related folders from my phone, and reinstalled.as...

• Roadie
  • the spotify app is set to get automatic updates from play store, same as my other apps. however, spotify is the only one that doesn't work. what can i do? i have cleared the cache, removed all spotif...
  • unseenlarks
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App Slowing on Huawuei P9 Plus

Hi, I write this because i'm having some problems with the app on my new phone i purchased a month ago, the problem it's that whenever i use the app looks like it's slowed, i mean i press on... " Explore " and it take several secs ( 20 or more ) some...

• Hi, I write this because i'm having some problems with the app on my new phone i purchased a month ago, the problem it's that whenever i use the app looks like it's slowed, i mean i press on... " Exp...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No interruption mode, not working on android

Hi, I am playing an album which is supposed to have no interruptions between the tracks. The "no interruption button is on (green). The interruptions still persist. Quite annoying.

• Regular
  • Hi, I am playing an album which is supposed to have no interruptions between the tracks. The "no interruption button is on (green). The interruptions still persist. Quite annoying.
  • rudyskatto
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pagamento

Paguei a spotify no dia 14/02/17 e ainda não foi atualizado para versão Premium.OBS:Lembrando que foi pago via boleto bancário

• Paguei a spotify no dia 14/02/17 e ainda não foi atualizado para versão Premium. OBS:Lembrando que foi pago via boleto bancário
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain songs glitch the app

So im using spotify on an LG G5 , i thought it was just my old phone that glitched out but i now realized its the app. When choosins certain songs, the app will glitch and wont let you skip fordward or back and it also wont let me choose another song...

• So im using spotify on an LG G5 , i thought it was just my old phone that glitched out but i now realized its the app. When choosins certain songs, the app will glitch and wont let you skip fordward ...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Data usage

Why has my data usage tripled in the last few days when I am not doing a single thing different?

• Visitor
  • Why has my data usage tripled in the last few days when I am not doing a single thing different?
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playing Podcasts is not possible

Hello, using a Huawei G700 with Android 4.2.1 stock rom i have the following problem:after choosing a category in "podcasts" all channels are shown, but trying to play any, nothing happens.Reinstalling the app and restarting the phone did not work.Do...

• Hello, using a Huawei G700 with Android 4.2.1 stock rom i have the following problem: after choosing a category in "podcasts" all channels are shown, but trying to play any, nothing happens. Reinst...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify select playback device prompt blocks android UI

Spotify prompt to continue playing on a phone or another device blocks the android UI and forbids for example accepting of an incoming call. Steps to reproduce:1) Play a song on your android device (D1) with headphones connected. Stay in the app (lea...

• Gig Goer
  • Spotify prompt to continue playing on a phone or another device blocks the android UI and forbids for example accepting of an incoming call.   Steps to reproduce: 1) Play a song on your andro...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [BUG REPORT] Spotify connect, volume problem

I use spotify connect with 2 android smartphone.I can remotely switch music easily.I can't remotely change volume.this is a known issue since a VERY LONG time :https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Control-volume-on-second-device-Spotify-Connect/m...

• Casual Listener
  • I use spotify connect with 2 android smartphone. I can remotely switch music easily. I can't  remotely change volume. this is a known issue since a VERY LONG time : https://community.s...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezes while hearing in Sonos

Hey Guys,This happened recently and several times and I don't know it's because of some update or what but when I'm listening to my playlists in Sonos and I want to open Spotify app and check other things there is all empty. No playlists, or browsing...

• Hey Guys, This happened recently and several times and I don't know it's because of some update or what but when I'm listening to my playlists in Sonos and I want to open Spotify app and check other...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Android

I am listening to my playlist and every 2 songs or so it stops working I have to get back onto the app for it to work again. Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • I am listening to my playlist and every 2 songs or so it stops working I have to get back onto the app for it to work again. Please help!
  • daltonwhite623
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast Offline Download

Hello @ all:I have a problem downloading the Podcast "Fest und Flauschig". I am from Germany and i use a Samsung Galaxy s7. After pushing the Download Button immediately the Download-sign gets green. But the Time of the Podcast ist 92 minutes, so it ...

• Hello @ all: I have a problem downloading the Podcast "Fest und Flauschig". I am from Germany and i use a Samsung Galaxy s7.  After pushing the Download Button immediately the Download-si...
  • galadhsptf
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My music

Hi guys.... just wondering if anyone can help a brother out?...... so I've been off Spotify for about 3 months now and during the time ive been with Spotify ive really enjoyed it and saved heaps of playlists ect.......in this time ive still been payi...

• Hi guys.... just wondering if anyone can help a brother out?...... so I've been off Spotify for about 3 months now and during the time ive been with Spotify ive really enjoyed it and saved heaps of p...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Emply Running Playlist

Hi, When i chose the Browse option and then select Running from the menu, the running playlist is emtpy. It attempts to set the tempo but it cannot. However, i never use this, i typically set the tempo myself and hit 'skip' to the voice telling me to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, When i chose the Browse option and then select Running from the menu, the running playlist is emtpy.   It attempts to set the tempo but it cannot. However, i never use this, i typically se...
  • Sharonmccaughan
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How many times do I have to dowload my music, If I have dowloaded it already?

I hace almost 2 years with premiun, and I dowload every son I add to my playlist. But now it seems like I have never dowloaded it and it is no possible. I want to use it with no internet connection, that is why I am paying for.

• Casual Listener
  • I hace almost 2 years with premiun, and I dowload every son I add to my playlist. But now it seems like I have never dowloaded it and it is no possible. I want to use it with no internet connection, ...
  • JhohanMora
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Not Following my own Playlist

Hi, I created a collaborative playlist with my friend a few months ago. The other day when I opened the app, the playlist was no longer under my Playlists app. When I go to my friends profile I can find the playlist under public playlists and I can o...

• Hi, I created a collaborative playlist with my friend a few months ago. The other day when I opened the app, the playlist was no longer under my Playlists app. When I go to my friends profile I can f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My premium account only works on my laptop. But in my Android smartphone, it only works as free

When I use Spotify on my laptop, Premium works just perfectly. But, when I want to use it on my Android smartphone, it works as if I wasnt premium. Please help . Im argentinian.

• When I use Spotify on my laptop, Premium works just perfectly. But, when I want to use it on my Android smartphone, it works as if I wasnt premium. Please help . Im argentinian.
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why i cant pay with my bank card

It keep saying my card is having a bad day, why is this

• It keep saying my card is having a bad day, why is this
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies