Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download Spotify from Play Store

I own Huawei Honor 6 phone and there is lot of free space left. I have restarted my phone several times but still Spotify doesn't download from Play Store. What should I do?

• I own Huawei Honor 6 phone and there is lot of free space left. I have restarted my phone several times but still Spotify doesn't download from Play Store. What should I do? 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Doesn't work the preium on my phone

Hello,My problem is that I subscribed to the 3 month premium on my computer but it doesn't work on my phone. On my phone I can use spotify only with WiFi, it doesn't work offline. What do I do?Thank you for your help!

• Hello, My problem is that I subscribed to the 3 month premium on my computer but it doesn't work on my phone. On my phone I can use spotify only with WiFi, it doesn't work offline. What do I do? Th...
  • JuanCamilo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Download button

Hiya all, I'm Spotify Premium Sony Xperia Z5 Compact with all my stuff on Sd card, no prob llama But I've a question. What does the Download button do? For one of my Saved Albums the button is unchecked at Artist Level but all of the tracks are alrea...

• Roadie
  • Hiya all, I'm Spotify Premium Sony Xperia Z5 Compact with all my stuff on Sd card, no prob llama 🙂 But I've a question. What does the Download button do? For one of my Saved Albums the button is unc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

trouble with ads after singing up for premium

I was playing a U2 song on non-premium spotify on my android, casting to my tv. An ad came on,(Jimmy Dean Hash Browns) I went to my laptop and got on spotify to upgrade to premium. All went thru fine and was confirmed on premium. Song stopped playing...

• I was playing a U2 song on non-premium spotify on my android, casting to my tv.   An ad came on,(Jimmy Dean Hash Browns)  I went to my laptop and got on spotify to upgrade to premium.&...
  • betablue42
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Tab Pro - Landscape "Devices" Missing

Hi Everyone. I know it's an obscure device but I have a Galaxy Tab S Pro (SM-P900) that I use for listening while I exercise. Normally I keep this device in a landscape form and with the most recent update to Spotify I no longer see the Available Dev...

Device-Info.png Landscape.png Portrait-With-Devices.png
  • Hi Everyone. I know it's an obscure device but I have a Galaxy Tab S Pro (SM-P900) that I use for listening while I exercise. Normally I keep this device in a landscape form and with the most recent ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix android app so its usable on Android TV

Since you are never going to make app for Android TV or add chromecast support please at least fix android app so it can be sideloaded and used on Android TV, now when i open app it freeze the entire system and i have to unlug it from wall socket, im...

• Regular
  • Since you are never going to make app for Android TV or add chromecast support please at least fix android app so it can be sideloaded and used on Android TV, now when i open app it freeze the entire...
  • stewaal
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • main-Android
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Why is spotify way better on ios?

Hello, I've been using the spotify app on my Samsung s7, but I recently got an iPhone 7 and I noticed that when I download the same 7 playlists, 15-50 songs, I use up 1.5gig of space. Where on my s7 I'm using 8! Also the functionality of both apps ar...

• Hello, I've been using the spotify app on my Samsung s7, but I recently got an iPhone 7 and I noticed that when I download the same 7 playlists, 15-50 songs, I use up 1.5gig of space. Where on my s7 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!! Playlist imposed on android

Hi, here's my problem.When i'm listening to my playlist, there are others songs who substitute and i can't swhitch them...Annoying...Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, here's my problem. When i'm listening to my playlist, there are others songs who substitute and i can't swhitch them... Annoying... Thanks
  • Spoc
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Huge data usage when app not in use

Yesterday i literally never used spotify yet it consumed over 200mb from my mobile data, it actually used more than i use in a normal day when actually listening to music, is there any solution to this? Otherwise i will just uninstall this piece of *...

• Yesterday i literally never used spotify yet it consumed over 200mb from my mobile data, it actually used more than i use in a normal day when actually listening to music, is there any solution to th...
  • xBecZ
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't get spotify to download or play via 4g or 3g

I want to listen to music while in driving via streaming. When I put it in online mode it says still offline and I have made the settings accordingly.

• Regular
  • I want to listen to music while in driving via streaming. When I put it in online mode it says still offline and I have made the settings accordingly.
  • Liontob
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Save offline playlists to SD card function is gone

Hi!The function where it was possible to download your music to your SD card on a Android phone is gone since my last update. How can I get this back?

• Hi! The function where it was possible to download your music to your SD card on a Android phone is gone since my last update. How can I get this back?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Radar Playlist Missing Song Information

Hi everyone..I've been a Spotify Premium listener for almost 3 years and currently am listening to Spotify on a LG/Android Smartphone. The problem I've been experiencing is since yesterday suddenly the layout for my Release Radar playlist has changed...

• Roadie
  • Hi everyone..I've been a Spotify Premium listener for almost 3 years and currently am listening to Spotify on a LG/Android Smartphone. The problem I've been experiencing is since yesterday suddenly t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound lower than other phone

Hey, I am using oneplus 3tThe other day, I was playing spotify through a Bluetooth speaker and then my friend connected and music was louder on his phone.What could be the issue? I use Sound AboutThanks,

• Regular
  • Hey, I am using oneplus 3t The other day, I was playing spotify through a Bluetooth speaker and then my friend connected and music was louder on his phone. What could be the issue? I use Sound Abou...
  • Jon_UK
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Sound Quality

Hello,I have a Nexus 2013 and I have choosen the Extrem Quality in Settings,but all the music is extremly with Bass.With other programs like PowerAmp there is no problem.Only with spotify.If the tracks are downloaded or online there is no change.The ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,I have a Nexus 2013 and I have choosen the Extrem Quality in Settings,but all the music is extremly with Bass. With other programs like PowerAmp there is no problem. Only with spotify. If th...
  • Likos1984
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

2 devices logged into one account trying to play music but keep getting interuppted by other device

2 devices are logged into one account trying to play music at the same time but is interrupted by the other devices music even after i hit the show only local devices button

• 2 devices are logged into one account trying to play music at the same time but is interrupted by the other devices music even after i hit the show only local devices button
  • gryffyn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No puedo buscar

Cuando intento usar el buscador o a veces entrar a las opciones de una canción no responde o luego de un rato me dice "Vaya, algo no ha ido como debía. Inténtalo de nuevo".Esto me sucede muy seguido y es bastante estresante.

• Casual Listener
  • Cuando intento usar el buscador o a veces entrar a las opciones de una canción no responde o luego de un rato me dice "Vaya, algo no ha ido como debía. Inténtalo de nuevo". Esto me sucede muy seguid...
  • kermatos
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify + Google Maps Navigation is now impossible with recent update.

Hello, Recently (a few weeks ago?) there was a Spotify update to the Android platform that 'fixed' the issue of the music muting/dimming while a notifcation or some other sound was played. I myself LOVED this feature because when you would be navigat...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Recently (a few weeks ago?) there was a Spotify update to the Android platform that 'fixed' the issue of the music muting/dimming while a notifcation or some other sound was played....
  • Della5
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Stops playing, after less than 1 sec

Premium user. In my android I can't listen to music because when i press play it stops after less than one second. This doesn't happen in my computer. I've tried doing a clean installation but didn't work. Anyone with the same issues?

• Premium user. In my android I can't listen to music because when i press play it stops after less than one second. This doesn't happen in my computer. I've tried doing a clean installation but didn...
  • Nyte
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Not available in my Country (Gibraltar)

When i try to download Spotify from the Play Store it says it is not availabel in my Country yet i have been using Spotify on my iPhone for a very VERY long time, is there a work around for this? I have attached a screenshot to show the message I get...

• When i try to download Spotify from the Play Store it says it is not availabel in my Country yet i have been using Spotify on my iPhone for a very VERY long time, is there a work around for this? &n...
  • JuanCamilo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify and Chromecast Audio

Brief description of the issue: When I come home and connect to my wifi while listening, Spotify won't be able to find the Chromecast audio in the device list. But when I try to connect to my Chromecast Audio via Google home, it works. It only shows ...

• Brief description of the issue: When I come home and connect to my wifi while listening, Spotify won't be able to find the Chromecast audio in the device list. But when I try to connect to my Chromec...
  • JuanCamilo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes