Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Infinite Verizon ad

I'm on my note 5 and after only a couple songs a empty Verizon ad plays and it's stuck there until I reinstall the app

• I'm on my note 5 and after only a couple songs a empty Verizon ad plays and it's stuck there until I reinstall the app
  • Angryuser6
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Visualizer

Hi! I'm new here. Hope I ask in the right forum. I wonder why no visualizer app don't work with Spotify? Have tried most of the apps on Google play and have only found a live wallpaper that party works. The favorit app I like most is "Audio Glow Musi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!  I'm new here. Hope I ask in the right forum.  I wonder why no visualizer app don't work with Spotify? Have tried most of the apps on Google play and have only found a live wallpaper ...
  • Dano-
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Premium on Kindle Fire issues

I have a Spotify premium account and have app installed on my iPad and iPhone. My daughter has a Kindle Fire which I recently installed the app on. I have logged in to my account on it but it can't find my playlists and saved music. Anyone know why o...

• Visitor
  • I have a Spotify premium account and have app installed on my iPad and iPhone. My daughter has a Kindle Fire which I recently installed the app on. I have logged in to my account on it but it can't f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop adding garbage to my "up next"

Android user. I understand the 'queue', which gets filled with things I didn't ask for. And I have to select each and every tune and 'remove' it. That's a giant nuisance that should be fixed. WORSE : tunes get added to 'next from...', and I CANNOT se...

• Regular
  • Android user. I understand the 'queue', which gets filled with things I didn't ask for. And I have to select each and every tune and 'remove' it. That's a giant nuisance that should be fixed.  ...
  • davidgilling
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm login error notification... with last.fm disabled!

Another one to add to the endless list of bugs that have recently popped up with Spotify.I've been getting a last.fm login error notification for weeks now. It's always there, if I dismiss it, it instantly reappears. Before this issue started, I had ...

• Regular
  • Another one to add to the endless list of bugs that have recently popped up with Spotify. I've been getting a last.fm login error notification for weeks now. It's always there, if I dismiss it, it i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Phone randomly starts to play music

Hey guys, Lately my mobile is randomly playing music while I did not touch my phone at all. My account is not shared with others, but I do have spotify on my laptop. But during the times those issues occured, I did not touch my spotify application at...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   Lately my mobile is randomly playing music while I did not touch my phone at all. My account is not shared with others, but I do have spotify on my laptop. But during the times tho...
  • sundae1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

A way to reorganize playlists.

I can reorganize my playlists and starred songs alphabetically on the desktop version of spotify, making it significantly easier to find a song, yet unable to do the same thing for the mobile versions of spotify. Just a little nitpick, but one that I...

• I can reorganize my playlists and starred songs alphabetically on the desktop version of spotify, making it significantly easier to find a song, yet unable to do the same thing for the mobile version...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Not updated properly

The app just updated and I loved it for the hour I actually had it, then it went back to the old version. After logging out and uninstalling multiple times I got it back but again for only a little bit; I still have the old version, and my sister als...

• The app just updated and I loved it for the hour I actually had it, then it went back to the old version. After logging out and uninstalling multiple times I got it back but again for only a little b...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SD card

Spotify dont let me put it on my 52 GB SD cards....when i go to the option the button i cant click on it....

• Visitor
  • Spotify dont let me put it on my 52 GB SD cards....when i go to the option the button i cant click on it....
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SD card issue. There is no "Storage" button in my settings.

https://support.spotify.com/nz/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/save-to-sd-card/In the link above it says click storage but when I go to my settings that storage button just isn't there. Help. Version of app: Android 7.8.0.607 armV7Android 6.0.1

• Casual Listener
  • https://support.spotify.com/nz/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/save-to-sd-card/ In the link above it says click storage but when I go to my settings that storage button just isn't there.  &nb...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! sorted by artist

Hello, It would be good if in the app (android so far) the play list could also be sorted by artist.Who can I share with this idea for a change? many greets

• Hello,   It would be good if in the app (android so far) the play list could also be sorted by artist. Who can I share with this idea for a change?   many greets
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can you change your name back to your original username after connecting to facebook?

after I connected my spotify account to my facebook it changed the name to my full name, I've unlinked them, but it's still the same. I'm just wondering if its possible to change back, and if so then how?

• after I connected my spotify account to my facebook it changed the name to my full name, I've unlinked them, but it's still the same. I'm just wondering if its possible to change back, and if so then...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening to podcasts in New Zealand

Hey guys, Have been using Spotify preminum for a couple of months now. Does anyone know if its possisble to listen to podcasts in NZ?

• Hey guys,    Have been using Spotify preminum for a couple of months now.    Does anyone know if its possisble to listen to podcasts in NZ?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add to queue seems to do nothing, no more add to up next?

The add to up next option from the long press menu in my library seems to have been replaced with an add to queue option. This change in and of itself is fine, but the documentation on the Spotify site still references add to queue.Regardless, this f...

• Casual Listener
  • The add to up next option from the long press menu in my library seems to have been replaced with an add to queue option. This change in and of itself is fine, but the documentation on the Spotify si...
  • skennedy789
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Wifi Network - Only Downloads On Neighbors Wifi

WIthin the last 2-4 weeks I have not been able to download songs on my Android phone. I've uninstalled the app, cleared the cache, restarted my phone and do not have more than 3,000 songs on my phone (see cleared cache above). I read a post about som...

• Regular
  • WIthin the last 2-4 weeks I have not been able to download songs on my Android phone.  I've uninstalled the app, cleared the cache, restarted my phone and do not have more than 3,000 songs on my...
  • ehilding01
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with SD card

I'm having since tofay some issues teying to download my music and save it on the SD card of my android but the option is not appearing on the app, my SD card is active and working very well as usual. Why is happening this?

• I'm having since tofay some issues teying to download my music and save it on the SD card of my android but the option is not appearing on the app, my SD card is active and working very well as usual...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't install Spotify

Hi, I can't install spotify on my phoneModel: Hyper X BladeAndroid Version: 5.1There's enough storage in both phone memory and SD Card

• Hi, I can't install spotify on my phone Model: Hyper X Blade Android Version: 5.1 There's enough storage in both phone memory and SD Card
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When will Spotify provide offline support to Android Smart Watches?

There's a large community here (777 votes to be exact based on an old post) that would like downloadable capabilities for playlists on Android Smart Watches. But we have not heard any form of an update on this topic for more than a year from Spotify ...

• There's a large community here (777 votes to be exact based on an old post) that would like downloadable capabilities for playlists on Android Smart Watches. But we have not heard any form of an upda...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android wearables
    Offline download
    Offline listening
    runners
    smartwatch
    Wearable technology
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify App Crashes When Playing Local File

Whenever I try and play a local file on my Spotify app, it crashes. I thought I had synced my local files with my app. Any advice?

• Whenever I try and play a local file on my Spotify app, it crashes. I thought I had synced my local files with my app. Any advice?
  • spookyemperor
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes