Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Crackling noise after last update

Hello. I have a Samsung S7. Up until Friday, April 21, 2017 everything was fine. On that day I had three updates. YouTube, Google Movie Play and Spotify. After those updates, I started hearing a crackling sound while listening to music on Spotify (Yo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I have a Samsung S7. Up until Friday, April 21, 2017 everything was fine. On that day I had three updates. YouTube, Google Movie Play and Spotify. After those updates, I started hearing a crac...
  • danisuar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! samsung s5 crashes

Hi, Today Spotify keeps crashing on opening app on Samsung S5Have had no problem before.Rebooting does not solve problem.Re installing app does not solve provblem.Notb using SD card Solution thanks??

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Today Spotify keeps crashing on opening app on Samsung S5 Have had no problem before. Rebooting does not solve problem. Re installing app does not solve provblem. Notb using SD card ...
  • BTIDMATT
  • 44 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 3 likes

Stops playing after 2 songs (PremiumUser)

My Samsung S4 will play 2 songs and then stop, you just have to open the phone back up and touch the spotify bar and it will start playing again. This only happens while on the radio (Streaming). It plays the songs in my library fine. I do not have w...

• My Samsung S4 will play 2 songs and then stop, you just have to open the phone back up and touch the spotify bar and it will start playing again. This only happens while on the radio (Streaming). It ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Self Service | Device Management

My account is being charged $9.99 every month ,how come my service was cutoff ?

• My account is being charged $9.99 every month ,how come my service was cutoff ?
  • feelikeastrangr
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song jumps at the start

Every song I play, both streamed and downloaded, the song jumps at 1 second in before continuing to play. Anyone know how to stop this?

• Every song I play, both streamed and downloaded, the song jumps at 1 second in before continuing to play. Anyone know how to stop this?
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify starts playing randomly

How do I ask questions to the community?My samsung starts playing music through spotify by itselfs randomly. I need to ask ppl for help. #HowTo?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • How do I ask questions to the community? My samsung starts playing music through spotify by itselfs randomly. I need to ask ppl for help. #HowTo? Thanks
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs skip.....

Songs I have downloaded onto my phone skip like a scratched CD.They skip in the exact same place every time.It is almost every song I have on my phone that does it.I have gigaone internet so that's not the issue.

• Casual Listener
  • Songs I have downloaded onto my phone skip like a scratched CD. They skip in the exact same place every time. It is almost every song I have on my phone that does it. I have gigaone internet so th...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy s5 lows failing

Songs like Rabetao - Mc Lan, have high quality lows, but my device, when playing it in spotify fails, it does a weird sound of fail instead of the low, its not a p2 cable problem, because even on bluetooth or speakers it fails and its not a phone pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Songs like Rabetao - Mc Lan, have high quality lows, but my device, when playing it in spotify fails, it does a weird sound of fail instead of the low, its not a p2 cable problem, because even on blu...
  • Italo05
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Downloaded Musics Lost!

I have a Premium Account and I downloaded hundreds of songs. I turned off my device while I was listening to music from the Spotify and when I turned on I see my Musics lost and I must download they again. But my device's memory same. So I understand...

• I have a Premium Account and I downloaded hundreds of songs. I turned off my device while I was listening to music from the Spotify and when I turned on I see my Musics lost and I must download they ...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly switches from my desktop to my phone when the app is running on my Galaxy S7

Hi There, I have been using spotify for a few years now and never ran into any problems with any of your softwares. A couple days ago I noticed if I have the spotify app running on my phone and I open up spotify on one of my other devices, such as my...

• Hi There,   I have been using spotify for a few years now and never ran into any problems with any of your softwares. A couple days ago I noticed if I have the spotify app running on my phone ...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution offline mode and "go to album/ go to artist"

So when in offline mode and i bring up the settings for any song. The "go to album" and "go to artist" selections are greyed out and unclickable. Should it be like this? Even if you don't have the whole album it could list what's there.

• So when in offline mode and i bring up the settings for any song. The "go to album" and "go to artist" selections are greyed out and unclickable. Should it be like this? Even if you don't have the wh...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problème de téléchargement

Bonjour je suis abonné à Spotify Prenium, et j'écoute ma musique principalement sur un Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite. J'ai telecharger plusieurs album mais une fois le téléchargement de l'album terminé, je n'arrive pas à ecouter de titre . Il m'indique...

• Bonjour je suis abonné à Spotify Prenium, et j'écoute ma musique principalement sur un Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite. J'ai telecharger plusieurs album mais une fois le téléchargement de l'album terminé...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Larger covers when using the App

Hi everybody, my children love to listen to the children audiobooks. Unfortunately it not so easy for them to choose an audiobook on their own, as the album covers/pictures are comparatively small when we are using the app on the phone or the tablet....

• Hi everybody,   my children love to listen to the children audiobooks. Unfortunately it not so easy for them to choose an audiobook on their own, as the album covers/pictures are comparatively...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music spontaneously plays from phone

Hello! Recently when I've been listening to music on my desktop with my phone nearby, spotify will seemingly randomly switch to playing music from my phone instead of my desktop. How can I fix this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   Recently when I've been listening to music on my desktop with my phone nearby, spotify will seemingly randomly switch to playing music from my phone instead of my desktop. How can I f...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • audio bug
    connected devices
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Loss of Downloaded tracks when phone shuts down

I'm an android user on a Galaxy S5. I download my tracks to my SD card (roughly 2000 of them). Recently any time my phone shuts down or restarts, spotify undownloads every single one of my tracks. It gets really frustrating and stressful if I'm out/t...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm an android user on a Galaxy S5. I download my tracks to my SD card (roughly 2000 of them). Recently any time my phone shuts down or restarts, spotify undownloads every single one of my tracks. &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download bug
    SD-card
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded tracks undownload every time phone turns off

I'm an android user on a Galaxy S5. I download my tracks to my SD card (roughly 2000 of them). Recently any time my phone shuts down or restarts, spotify undownloads every single one of my tracks. It gets really frustrating and stressful if I'm out/t...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm an android user on a Galaxy S5. I download my tracks to my SD card (roughly 2000 of them). Recently any time my phone shuts down or restarts, spotify undownloads every single one of my tracks. &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify schaltet automatisch auf Handy um

Ich habe das Problem, dass ich am PC oder am Tablet (IOs) mit Spotify höre und urplötzlich, OHNE dass ich irgendwas drücke oder mache, spielt die Musik auf meinem Handy weiter und hört am PC auf.Und das, obwohl das Handy mit ausgeschaltetem Bildschir...

• Casual Listener
  • Ich habe das Problem, dass ich am PC oder am Tablet (IOs) mit Spotify höre und urplötzlich, OHNE dass ich irgendwas drücke oder mache, spielt die Musik auf meinem Handy weiter und hört am PC auf. Un...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No puedo descargar mis playlist en mi Micro SD de mi celular android porque ya no?!!

Desabilitaron las opción de descargar directo a la memoria micro SD...Para así no ocupar la memoria interna del equipo... Porfavor ayúdenme

• Desabilitaron las opción de descargar directo a la memoria micro SD...Para así no ocupar la memoria interna del equipo... Porfavor ayúdenme
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Content Gone

I was trying to find my Discover Weekly playlist under the discovery column in the browse tab on my android, but the only content that populated was several sleep playlists I had listened to before and the words "Night Night!" above the row of sleep ...

• I was trying to find my Discover Weekly playlist under the discovery column in the browse tab on my android, but the only content that populated was several sleep playlists I had listened to before a...
  • mzantsi
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Unable to sync playlist or get online with spotify

Android and win10Premium accountWas working fine, syncing fine between devices, playlists from computer would show up on phone. Recently started using offline mode. Today added a new playlist on the computer. Did not sync to android. Playlist did not...

• Android and win10 Premium account Was working fine, syncing fine between devices, playlists from computer would show up on phone. Recently started using offline mode.   Today added a new pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes