Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My music keeps stopping

Hello, does anyone know why every song quits playing after about two minutes or so? It's so annoying, especially when I'm working and have to stop just to press play to start the song again. Can someone help me with this problem? I've already uninsta...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, does anyone know why every song quits playing after about two minutes or so? It's so annoying, especially when I'm working and have to stop just to press play to start the song again. Can some...
  • Romywilsonn
  • 37 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 37 replies
  • 11 likes

"Play Radio" button stops working after leaving a station.

EDIT: Reinstalling the app fixed the problem (for now). If I encounter this problem again, will update this thread.Hey, I've just tried your android app for the first time today and while it's pretty nice, I've noticed that every time I leave a radio...

• EDIT: Reinstalling the app fixed the problem (for now). If I encounter this problem again, will update this thread. Hey, I've just tried your android app for the first time today and while it's pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify mobile wont connect to Amazon Echo

So i used the command "Alexa spotify connect" and when i try to connect on my phone it says "connected to spotify" twice but no it doesnt play music, but when i use my laptop and connect it the same way it works Thanks in advance for any help

• So i used the command "Alexa spotify connect" and when i try to connect on my phone it says "connected to spotify" twice but no it doesnt play music, but when i use my laptop and connect it the same ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Does anyone like the new menus?

The new menus that you see when clicking the three little dots to go to the album page, go to artist page, add to playlist etc are way worse than they were before. Before it was a nice little compact box where you could see everything, now you have t...

• Casual Listener
  • The new menus that you see when clicking the three little dots to go to the album page, go to artist page, add to playlist etc are way worse than they were before. Before it was a nice little compact...
  • fckoffdsaadsda
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Saved songs are being undownloaded

On more than one occasion downloaded music is being removed from my libary, it is there to listen to online but no longer available offline. This has happened several times and most recently caused over 1000 songs to go. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy s6...

• On more than one occasion downloaded music is being removed from my libary, it is there to listen to online but no longer available offline. This has happened several times and most recently caused o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I just feel like the mobile app (Android at least) has gotten worse and better

Hey guys,So with the new UI overhaul, I am really enjoying the new features and ways to get to artist radios and pages. On the other hand, there are a few new annoying bugs that have really made the app a lot worse. First off, now when you search for...

• Regular
  • Hey guys, So with the new UI overhaul, I am really enjoying the new features and ways to get to artist radios and pages. On the other hand, there are a few new annoying bugs that have really made th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't connect Spotify to Chromecast

Hi people, I bought a chromecast few days ago, and I can use it with youtube, soundcloud, and other apps in my android, but when I select the Chromecast as a device from Spotify, the loading screen appears but after a few seconds it just disappear, I...

• Hi people, I bought a chromecast few days ago, and I can use it with youtube, soundcloud, and other apps in my android, but when I select the Chromecast as a device from Spotify, the loading screen a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Viele Fragen auf die ich keine Antwort finde

Und zwar1. Wie kann ich einzelne Lieder aus einer von Spotify gestellten Playlist downloaden? Immer wenn ich auf einen Titel klicke steht da zwar alles andere, nur eben nicht downloaden.2. Kann ich nicht die heruntergeladenen Titel der Playlists auf ...

• Und zwar 1. Wie kann ich einzelne Lieder aus einer von Spotify gestellten Playlist downloaden? Immer wenn ich auf einen Titel klicke steht da zwar alles andere, nur eben nicht downloaden. 2. Kann i...
  • ManuelHeredia
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs cut out for a second or two then resume also songs sometimes speed up

When listening to songs - both streaming and offline (downloaded) - on bluetooth the songs occasionally cut out for a second or so and then resume - they also speed up for a couple seconds and then play normally - there doesn't seem to be a pattern t...

• When listening to songs - both streaming and offline (downloaded) - on bluetooth the songs occasionally cut out for a second or so and then resume - they also speed up for a couple seconds and then p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add songs to a playlist

Hello!Today an spotify update or my device (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) was released. Befor the update, everything was finde but now I'm not able to add new songs to any playlist.Does anyone else have this problem and/or knows how to fix it? Greetings!

• Hello! Today an spotify update or my device (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) was released. Befor the update, everything was finde but now I'm not able to add new songs to any playlist. Does anyone else hav...
  • Danjohns85
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Spotify mobile app scan music on phone?

Does Spotify mobile app have a feature to scan local music files on phone? For example, I have songs and playlist within Poweramp. How do I get Spotify mobile app to recognize this Poweramp playlist, and, or the local music files on my phone. Thank y...

• Casual Listener
  • Does Spotify mobile app have a feature to scan local music files on phone? For example, I have songs and playlist within Poweramp. How do I get Spotify mobile app to recognize this Poweramp playlist,...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Local files for Spotify Mobile
    Mobile
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloading all my songs doesent work

Hi, i have spotify premium on my honor x5.I activated the download function on my song list and spotify starts to download all my songs. After that all songs have this green downloaded button behind them. But if I now restart my phone all the songs h...

• Hi, i have spotify premium on my honor x5. I activated the download function on my song list and spotify starts to download all my songs. After that all songs have this green downloaded button behin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing to Family

Hello,I Wanted to Change my Subscription from the normal One to Family. I am using Spotify on Android but can t find it in the Options where to Change it.Thanks for your Help!

• Hello, I Wanted to Change my Subscription from the normal One to Family. I am using Spotify on Android but can t find it in the Options where to Change it. Thanks for your Help!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

There is no podcast option in my android device, what can be happening?

Hi all, Today I have seen that there is the possibility to listen to podcasts on my android device through the spotify app. However, when I go to my "Browse" tab I cannot find the option. What can be happening? Is there any way to get to listen to po...

• Hi all,   Today I have seen that there is the possibility to listen to podcasts on my android device through the spotify app. However, when I go to my "Browse" tab I cannot find the option. Wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files replacing original tracks

There are a few songs that I have downloaded on my phone as local files because they were not on spotify at the time. These songs are now on spotify but some are slightly different and I just want to listen to the spotify version. I deleted all of my...

• There are a few songs that I have downloaded on my phone as local files because they were not on spotify at the time. These songs are now on spotify but some are slightly different and I just want to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tenho 30 dias gratis e só veio o mês que eu paguei

Eu paguei o boleto do mês passado do Spotify pra ser Premium pra essa mês ter 30 dias gratis e agora me aparece as propaganda de novo!

• Eu paguei o boleto do mês passado do Spotify pra ser Premium pra essa mês ter 30 dias gratis e agora me aparece as propaganda de novo!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Pauses

I have cleared the cache and reloaded the app but nothing has changed. Any ideas of how to fix it?

• I have cleared the cache and reloaded the app but nothing has changed. Any ideas of how to fix it?
  • kyemempers
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage

I can nota chance the storage off my downloads on my Android Phone, i wanted to change to sd-card, but in Phone the storage under settings does not appear, i haver Android 5.1.Can anyone help me out? Thanks

• I can nota chance the storage off my downloads on my Android Phone, i wanted to change to sd-card, but in Phone the storage under settings does not appear, i haver Android 5.1. Can anyone help me ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs grayed on a playlist but not on an album?

I tried to listen to this playlist but some of the songs are grayed out, which I thought might be from country restrictions or whatnot. It doesn't show up on the Spotify app (I'm a Premium user), but when I clicked on the link and it showed up on the...

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 7.46.24 pm.png Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 7.47.06 pm.png Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 7.47.27 pm.png
  • Regular
  • I tried to listen to this playlist but some of the songs are grayed out, which I thought might be from country restrictions or whatnot. It doesn't show up on the Spotify app (I'm a Premium user), but...
  • jinium
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Albums
    gray out
    Playlists
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

app update has bugs: menu won't work

My Spotify app (for Android) recently automatically updated but the menu buttons don't work (as in the 3 vertical dots button). When you tap it the options such as "go to artist" "add up to next" "remove song" etc show but when you touch any of them ...

• My Spotify app (for Android) recently automatically updated but the menu buttons don't work (as in the 3 vertical dots button). When you tap it the options such as "go to artist" "add up to next" "re...
  • mkygod
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes