Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 61 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

new phone..now not available in my country(ireland)?

Change phone..samsung s4...now unable to download the app..but have had a spotify account for a long time. .tried VPN...no Joy. .help!!!!!

• Visitor
  • Change phone..samsung s4...now unable to download the app..but have had a spotify account for a long time. .tried VPN...no Joy. .help!!!!!
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android skipping songs

Every once in ahwile, about every hour, spotify will skip to the next song in the middle of my current song. This does not happen on my computer. I have spotify premuim and have the songs downloaded to an sd card on a samsung j3.

• Casual Listener
  • Every once in ahwile, about every hour, spotify will skip to the next song in the middle of my current song.  This does not happen on my computer.  I have spotify premuim and have the songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Transfer local songs from PC to Android phone

Hello,i want to transfer some songs, spotify doesn`t have in their catalogue to my Android Phone.I already imported the songs in the Windows app and added them to a playlist. The playlist shows up on my phone but the titles are grey and i can`t downl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i want to transfer some songs, spotify doesn`t have in their catalogue to my Android Phone. I already imported the songs in the Windows app and added them to a playlist. The playlist shows u...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

I Lost a Song

Hello i found a song at 22nd August's weekly discover and i lost it how i can found it again? please help me

• Regular
  • Hello i found a song at 22nd August's weekly discover and i lost it how i can found it again? please help me
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto Starting Android Bluetooth?

Help! I have got lost on previous threads and not seen a clear answer. Samsung Note 3 Android - full Premium user with Playlists downloaded. Use Bluetooth headsets and Pebble watch. Recently in meetings Spotify randomly stating up and sometimes playi...

• Help! I have got lost on previous threads and not seen a clear answer. Samsung Note 3 Android - full Premium user with Playlists downloaded. Use Bluetooth headsets and Pebble watch. Recently in meeti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about downloaded songs

If I play a downloaded song when I'm not in offline mode, will the song be streamed over data, or will the song be played straight from my phone?

• If I play a downloaded song when I'm not in offline mode, will the song be streamed over data, or will the song be played straight from my phone?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not available

Get the message: this song not available when i try to play songs i dont have downloaded. Help. ...

• Get the message: this song not available when i try to play songs i dont have downloaded. Help. ...
  • kittycrinckles
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't stream music, I can only play downloaded music

I have premium on my Galaxy S5, and I can only play downloaded music. I can't stream 95% of the time, and the 5% is only for a song or two. I've reinstalled the app and force closed multiple times. It doent matter if I have 4g or am on my home wifi. ...

• I have premium on my Galaxy S5, and I can only play downloaded music. I can't stream 95% of the time, and the 5% is only for a song or two. I've reinstalled the app and force closed multiple times. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Frank on mobile.

The Frank Ocean phenomenom is still affecting my Android and I can't seem to solve it. Blonde plays just fine on the computer but on my phone it only has 4 songs and it doesn't says the other 13 songs are 'unavailable.' Deleted the app andhad to down...

• The Frank Ocean phenomenom is still affecting my Android and I can't seem to solve it. Blonde plays just fine on the computer but on my phone it only has 4 songs and it doesn't says the other 13 song...
  • Rambogram
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can only sort by Album but NOT artist

When I go into "Your Library" - "Saved" - "Artists" but it doesn't work I get a message saying "your favourite artist will appear here" and no music appears? - see attached image It works fine if I press "Albums" I am really stuck

• Casual Listener
  • When I go into "Your Library" - "Saved" - "Artists" but it doesn't work I get a message saying "your favourite artist will appear here" and no music appears? - see attached image   It works fi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recalled

Recalled

• Recalled
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist the Song Title is different to the song playing.

I've downloaded my playlist (1000+ tracks) and the song name does not match the title playing. E.g. track info displays apocalyptica but Spotify plays approaching nirvana. ~20 songs later it displays the correct title.

• Casual Listener
  • I've downloaded my playlist (1000+ tracks) and the song name does not match the title playing. E.g. track info displays apocalyptica but Spotify plays approaching nirvana. ~20 songs later it displays...
  • gavriyashar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem with starting songs from FB Messenger on Android

Hi! I'm having problem with opening songs via "Open" button in the Messenger App.After clicking open, it looks like the Spotify tries to start (closing the Messenger) but just after a blink of an eye (yes blink) I'm once again in Messenger. It is rea...

• Hi!   I'm having problem with opening songs via "Open" button in the Messenger App. After clicking open, it looks like the Spotify tries to start (closing the Messenger) but just after a blin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • problem
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Autostart on android

Hi, So I have been using spotify for a little, but noticed something recently. Spotify keeps automatically starting on my Android (HTC M8) phone after I close out. While this may not be a huge issue for some people, it bothers me when apps autostart ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, So I have been using spotify for a little, but noticed something recently.  Spotify keeps automatically starting on my Android (HTC M8) phone after I close out.  While this may not be...
  • TallMartin
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest update : losing offline tracks EVERY DAY!!!!!!!

So the latest update 6.1.0.1088 armV7 that was released a few days ago.What a ****ing disaster.The disappearing-offline-music problem is actually WORSE!!!!! Like : I am having to redownload 40-50 tracks every ****ing day. Spotify premium - what a pat...

• Roadie
  • So the latest update 6.1.0.1088 armV7 that was released a few days ago. What a ****ing disaster. The disappearing-offline-music problem is actually WORSE!!!!!  Like : I am having to redownloa...
  • woodandrew90
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony srs hg1

Does anyone know when Spotify connect is on the Sony h.ear srs hg1? They sell it like it's already on the speaker? But it isn't at mine.

• Regular
  • Does anyone know when Spotify connect is on the Sony h.ear srs hg1? They sell it like it's already on the speaker? But it isn't at mine.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify android tv

Bonjour j'ai un problème avec le téléchargement de l'application spotify Android tv sur mon Huawei P9 car j'ai une option sur mon forfait téléphone chez Bouygues telecom je les ai contacter et il mon dit que spotify n'était plus sur Google play et j'...

• Bonjour j'ai un problème avec le téléchargement  de l'application spotify Android tv sur mon Huawei P9 car j'ai une option sur mon forfait téléphone chez Bouygues telecom je les ai contacter et ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Network Issues

I just returned from the Middle East and changed some of my app permissions on my Android to restrict data usage. Now, however, I have returned to the US and am often experiencing the problem where I will select a song and then turn off my screen and...

• I just returned from the Middle East and changed some of my app permissions on my Android to restrict data usage. Now, however, I have returned to the US and am often experiencing the problem where I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music wont play

Everytime I try to play a song, album, or playlist it won't let me. It says to upgrade to premium to remove ads, but it's also not showing me my current music (or ad), so I can't finish the ad. I tried logging out multiple times and it still keeps ha...

• Everytime I try to play a song, album, or playlist it won't let me. It says to upgrade to premium to remove ads, but it's also not showing me my current music (or ad), so I can't finish the ad. I tri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify files are not playable

Hello, so I have Spotify premium and downloaded more or less 2000 songs to be playable offline on my phone. These files are stored on my external sd-card, and I only use Spotify on my phone. Recently, all my offline songs I had downloaded were desync...

• Hello, so I have Spotify premium and downloaded more or less 2000 songs to be playable offline on my phone. These files are stored on my external sd-card, and I only use Spotify on my phone. Recently...
  • Skiba
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes