Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Mad4music
  • Visitor
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

a few gripes with android spotify

1. I have been prompted three times today to link to facebook. I didn't want to link to facebook when I signed up. I didn't want to link to facebook a couple of months ago when I complained about this constant pestering on the old support forums. I d...

• Regular
  • 1. I have been prompted three times today to link to facebook.  I didn't want to link to facebook when I signed up.  I didn't want to link to facebook a couple of months ago when I complain...
  • stevekeiretsu
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Unknown Error 112 when logging in

Hi there, I am a premium Spotify customer and using the Android App. Registered using Facebook. Every time I open the Spotify app, it says that "another user put the app into offline mode". Then it forces me to go online. Then it always fails to logi...

• Hi there, I am a premium Spotify customer and using the Android App. Registered using Facebook.   Every time I open the Spotify app, it says that "another user put the app into offline mo...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Galaxy S - Spotify

What happened, Why does Spotify crashes in my mobile hone?

• Regular
  • What happened, Why does Spotify crashes in my mobile hone?
  • magfo
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Redesigned the Spotify Android app for fun

I started today getting mad at the Spotify android app on my ICS device. Granted - I'm lucky, mine works, but it's still so poorly designed and frustrating to use, it's missing features and is just plain ugly. So I redesigned it for fun:http://squizz...

• Casual Listener
  • I started today getting mad at the Spotify android app on my ICS device.  Granted - I'm lucky, mine works, but it's still so poorly designed and frustrating to use, it's missing features and is ...
  • rferrett
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 24 likes

Automatic Track Replacement causing sync problems with android client

Certain tracks will not sync to the local cache on my android phone, nor are they even streamable. I believe all the tracks have fallen out of license and are now played-thru on my PCclient viaSpotify's Automatic Track Replacement (actually linking)....

• Regular
  • Certain tracks will not sync to the local cache on my android phone, nor are they even streamable.  I believe all the tracks have fallen out of license and are now played-thru on my PCclient via...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving offline files to a new Android handset/sd card

I have a lot of songs set to offline on my phone. Syncing them via wifi on a new handset would take ages. Can I move/copy the files manually from my current phone's sd card to my new phone's sd card (also Android)?

• Visitor
  • I have a lot of songs set to offline on my phone. Syncing them via wifi on a new handset would take ages. Can I move/copy the files manually from my current phone's sd card to my new phone's sd card ...
  • rferrett
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

offline storage space on android

I only have 4409 MB of total storage space for my offline playlists. Is that normal? Is there a way to get more? I don't like streaming because it tends to mess up playback so I would like to just sync all my music to offline playlists but I run out ...

• I only have 4409 MB of total storage space for my offline playlists.  Is that normal?  Is there a way to get more?  I don't like streaming because it tends to mess up playback so I wou...
  • rferrett
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashes every time I try and play song

This just started happening every time I try and play a song the app crashes it doesn't matter if it's from a playlist or not or If I'm in online or off-line mode it does it every single time. I'm running the latest version of android and the latest ...

• This just started happening every time I try and play a song the app crashes it doesn't matter if it's from a playlist or not or If I'm in online or off-line mode it does it every single time. I'm ru...
  • Terth
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stutters constantly after a few minutes

Hi, I'm running Spotify on my HTC Hero, which is farily old but it doesn't have any problems playing music in the normal Android player. When I use Spotify it will play fine at first, but then the player freezes up and music stutters contantly. It's ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I'm running Spotify on my HTC Hero, which is farily old but it doesn't have any problems playing music in the normal Android player. When I use Spotify it will play fine at first, but th...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

fix the android app or i change to Wimp!

I missing high quality streaming 320. and its closes when i add songs to the favorite play lite or to plylists!I paying for the service an would like to get an working app for my money! I have nexus s with ICS!

• I missing high quality streaming 320. and its closes when i add songs to the favorite play lite or to plylists! I paying for the service an would like to get an working app for my money!   I ...
  • membrudez
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Punch 1x p3nis

Don't buy it, it's beyons crap, and the app is even worse, it gives me the urge to punch someone in the **bleep**

• Don't buy it, it's beyons  crap, and the app is even worse, it gives me the urge to punch someone in the **bleep**
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Random crashes

Hello.I'm experiencing random crashes on the spotify android app. Here's the output from logcat. D/AudioPolicyService( 1379): stopOutput() tid 1489 D/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): stopOutput() output 4, stream 3, session 1504 I/AudioPolicyManagerBas...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I'm experiencing random crashes on the spotify android app.   Here's the output from logcat.   D/AudioPolicyService( 1379): stopOutput() tid 1489 D/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379)...
  • marypiemorris
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Renewed Premium, It Isn't Working... Again.

I had let my premium subscription on my phone lapse because I was poor and ran out of money. I recently renewed it for this month and now I can't get it to work on my phone, again. It keeps telling me I need to sign up for premium. I did. There's eve...

• Visitor
  • I had let my premium subscription on my phone lapse because I was poor and ran out of money. I recently renewed it for this month and now I can't get it to work on my phone, again. It keeps telling m...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android client update (unofficial info) (ICS)

Still no news from spotify considering an update (atleast officially)..But i've been annoying the developers in one of their chatrooms for a while, and when i noticed there was no info on this forum regarding an update, i figured i'd post this.dan^sp...

• Gig Goer
  • Still no news from spotify considering an update (atleast officially).. But i've been annoying the developers in one of their chatrooms for a while, and when i noticed there was no info on this foru...
  • SteveBrammer
  • Community Legend
  • 34 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 34 replies
  • 1 likes

Very Strange Account activity help...

Hi All Very strange one happening to me i am on the "3" UK network and i had free 6 months in 2010-11 and after that i never used it, Then my wife gets a email saying she has 10hrs free spotify a month so i think "I wonder if i have that as well" so ...

• Hi All   Very strange one happening to me i am on the "3" UK network and i had free 6 months in 2010-11 and after that i never used it, Then my wife gets a email saying she has 10hrs free spot...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Look screen controls

Why there isn't look screen controls ? This shouldn't be difficult to implement, like any other music app !

• Why there isn't look screen controls ? This shouldn't be difficult to implement, like any other music app !
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

NEW VERSION?

hello when does the new spotify version **bleep** out?how do i know what version i have? thanks

• Music Fan
  • hello   when does the new spotify version **bleep** out? how do i know what version i have?   thanks
  • jacobras
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Create a mobile playlist offline

Is there an app so I can create a playlist with songs from spotify, while I'm offline and on the go?I have a lot of songs from spotify in different playlists, but then I want to combine different songs into a new playlist, while i'm in the train or s...

• Is there an app so I can create a playlist with songs from spotify, while I'm offline and on the go? I have a lot of songs from spotify in different playlists, but then I want to combine different s...
  • chrisrazor
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop the haemorrhage of Android users - get an alpha of the upcoming new Android client out now!

Hi I heard a rumour that a new Android client is in development. This has to be true because otherwise why aren't you fixing the known issues with the current one? I am hearing every day about users who are quitting Spotify because of the flaky Andro...

• Music Fan
  • Hi   I heard a rumour that a new Android client is in development. This has to be true because otherwise why aren't you fixing the known issues with the current one?    I am hearin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App closes abruptly 20-30 seconds after I rename a playlist!

I have been using Spotify on my LG Thrill phone for about 6 months with no problems similar to this. But recently, I started adding a lot of album playlists (100+) to listen on the go, which I regularly rename in order to rate them. I have been doing...

• Regular
  • I have been using Spotify on my LG Thrill phone for about 6 months with no problems similar to this.   But recently, I started adding a lot of album playlists (100+) to listen on the go, which...
  • angstpristine
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes