Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Preview does not work on x86

When I try to use the Spotify Preview on an x86 Android device, it can't load the library. I assume that they only included the ARM binaries of libspotify (or whatever they use internally) and not the x86 ones, too. Please support your few x86 users!

• When I try to use the Spotify Preview on an x86 Android device, it can't load the library. I assume that they only included the ARM binaries of libspotify (or whatever they use internally) and not th...
  • budhda
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! MY SAMSUNG GALAXY S 2 WILL NOT SYNC

my andorid dose not want to sync at all. it has done it befor and all i had to do was uninstall the the app and reinstall it but this time it will not register at all however it will register and ipod. how can i get it so my phone will sync my music ...

• Regular
  •  my andorid dose not want to sync at all. it has done it befor and all i had to do was uninstall the the app and reinstall it but this time it will not register at all however it will register a...
  • CHEV
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

crashing

my spotify on my android pro app keeps crashing it will play the song 3/4 of the way then just shut off ( i tried a clean install and still no fix ) help

• my spotify on my android pro app keeps crashing it will play the song 3/4 of the way then just shut off ( i tried a clean install and still no fix ) help
  • BumfluffBob
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with going to next track on Beta App

The first couple days I had the app I would put a playlist on shuffle and it would go to the next track like normal. Now when a song ends it goes to the next track but there is no audio. If I try to fast forward it goes back to 0:00 and plays again w...

• The first couple days I had the app I would put a playlist on shuffle and it would go to the next track like normal. Now when a song ends it goes to the next track but there is no audio. If I try to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync Issues

Hello there, I was an Unlimited user but have been pushed up to Premium after the release of the new Android app, that is perfectly timed with me going on holiday. I just don't know if I am doing something wrong but some of the songs I have selected ...

• Regular
  • Hello there,   I was an Unlimited user but have been pushed up to Premium after the release of the new Android a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffling Playlists

One feature that I have been wanting in the Android app for a while now is the ability to select a playlist to shuffle. This will pick a random song in the playlist and start playing it on shuffle. Right now I have to figure out what song to play fir...

• One feature that I have been wanting in the Android app for a while now is the ability to select a playlist to shuffle. This will pick a random song in the playlist and start playing it on shuffle. R...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Quiting my subscription

I will not pay for your Android app support until you update the app. It is crap, clunky, and almost unusable. Yes I can create play list, but it is not intuitive. I had to hold click, double tap and mainly try anything I could just to make a play li...

• Casual Listener
  • I will not pay for your Android app support until you update the app. It is crap, clunky, and almost unusable. Yes I can create play list, but it is not intuitive. I had to hold click, double tap and...
  • alexh3791
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm Pissed

I'm pissed due to your only 3 devices sync, I just started my phone and WI-FI, then it came a message saying something like: "You can only sync your music with 3 devices, and therefor this will be de-synced." Due to that, I'll have to sync all my mus...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm pissed due to your only 3 devices sync, I just started my phone and WI-FI, then it came a message saying something like: "You can only sync your music with 3 devices, and therefor this will be de...
  • alexh3791
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Android Preview and ALAC

Now that the Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC) has been open-sourced (source code available at http://alac.macosforge.org/), I'd really like to see the ability to play these files added to the Android preview while it's still in development, especial...

• Music Fan
  • Now that the Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC) has been open-sourced (source code available at http://alac.macosforge.org/), I'd really like to see the ability to play these files added to the Androi...
  • alexh3791
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Any chance to get 320 kbps OGG on Android in the near future?

First of all, Sorry for my english. I´m a premium user from Spain and I really enjoyed Spotify premium for more than a year and a half, on PC and also on Android. I like to listen the music as good as I can and I have a Hi-End portable equipment (Ety...

• Regular
  • First of all, Sorry for my english.   I´m a premium user from Spain and I really enjoyed Spotify premium for more than a year and a half, on PC and also on Android.   I like to listen t...
  • alexh3791
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Inconsistent scrolling smoothness in beta app

After hearing reports of "buttery smooth" scrolling in the new beta app, I'm noticing some major quirks and inconsistencies with the smoothness of the scrolling on a 4.0.4 Galaxy Nexus. If I first open the app into the playlists screen, the scrolling...

• Regular
  • After hearing reports of "buttery smooth" scrolling in the new beta app, I'm noticing some major quirks and inconsistencies with the smoothness of the scrolling on a 4.0.4 Galaxy Nexus.   ...
  • paulsl
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Bsta bugs so far - skyrocket leaked ics rom

So far I love the minimalistic new gui!Unfortunately I'm on a skyrocket with the leak ics rom. Spotify plays audio perfect and I can access almost every tab. But I can't access one tab then another without crashing. Or close out of the app and goto a...

• Regular
  • So far I love the minimalistic new gui! Unfortunately I'm on a skyrocket with the leak ics rom. Spotify plays audio perfect and I can access almost every tab. But I can't access one tab then anoth...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App on Ice Cream Sandwich isn't working

Hi guys, What's being done to resolve the problem of the Android app crashing every time it tries to open on Androids running on Ice cream Sandwich? Android Market is full of reports of this: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.spotify.mobile.a...

• Hi guys,   What's being done to resolve the problem of the Android app crashing every time it tries to open on Androids running on Ice cream Sandwich? Android Market is full of reports of this...
  • goosedude
  • Casual Listener
  • 22 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 9 likes

Spotify ICS Beta + car bluetooth phonecall fail

When making and receiving calls, the music should pause, right? I have a galaxy nexus, and when I make a call the music continues "inside" the call, but in "call" quality, very strange.

• Regular
  • When making and receiving calls, the music should pause, right? I have a galaxy nexus, and when I make a call the music continues "inside" the call, but in "call" quality, very strange.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Looking at new smartphone for Spotify

I am looking to purchase a new smartphone probably the Sony Ericsson xperia mini, this is because I can update the android software to version 4.0 (ICS), and it is cheap. Another reason is that I have a Spotify premium account so I want to take advan...

• Music Fan
  • I am looking to purchase a new smartphone probably the Sony Ericsson xperia mini, this is because I can update the android software to version 4.0 (ICS), and it is cheap. Another reason is that I hav...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Update for Android (beta)

Just had to say that this is one awesome upgrade. Corrected all my previous issues with offiline mode and syncing up my music. It's still in beta but here is the link ANDROID SPOTIFY UPDATE

• Casual Listener
  • Just had to say that this is one awesome upgrade.   Corrected all my previous issues with offiline mode and syncing up my music.  It's still in beta but here is the link   &nbsp...
  • sts_fin
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Time running out for Spotify?

So after a long wait, Spotify finally release a new beta for android and guess what? It won't work on WiFi only devices (e.g. tablets without 3g phone chips and presumably media players). I have been in software development for over 30 years and am s...

• Casual Listener
  • So after a long wait, Spotify finally release a new beta for android and guess what? It won't work on WiFi only devices (e.g. tablets without 3g phone chips and presumably media players). I have been...
  • mbrickman
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Android app crashing after going online

Hi, I am currently having problems with my Android app crashing. I've been running Spotify for a couple of years with Premium subscription for at least a year. I recently changed from Iphone 3G to Samsung Galaxy SII and this worked out fine in the be...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am currently having problems with my Android app crashing. I've been running Spotify for a couple of years with Premium subscription for at least a year. I recently changed from Iphone...
  • wembe
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify preview background service is not always stopped properly

Spotify 0.5.0.972.g8fe0a0d2 What is the logic for when the background service is stopped? Is there a timeout or some other criteria? I've seen it get stopped properly, gone from the Running tab in Settings -> Apps. But currently the service has been ...

• Regular
  • Spotify 0.5.0.972.g8fe0a0d2   What is the logic for when the background service is stopped? Is there a timeout or some other criteria?    I've seen it get stopped properly, gone fr...
  • appel_
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

text size

Text size in beta is small

• Text size in beta is small
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies