Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Luisacuellarff

Necesito ayuda ,pague por Spotify porque en los 7 días de prueba podía escuchar y buscar música y artistas sin una conexión a internet ,pero al momento que se acabaron los 7 días y pague por la aplicación ya me piden que tengo que descargar para pode...

• Necesito ayuda ,pague por Spotify porque en los 7 días de prueba podía escuchar y buscar música y artistas sin una conexión a internet ,pero al momento que se acabaron los 7 días y pague por la aplic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Followed Artists not the same on 2 devices

Hello,I am fairly new to the Spotify community. I have my Spotify account on an Android tablet and Android phone. I started my account on a windows laptop. Every artist I followed and song I saved on my laptop transferred to my phone. But I added new...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am fairly new to the Spotify community. I have my Spotify account on an Android tablet and Android phone. I started my account on a windows laptop. Every artist I followed and song I saved ...
  • mwood2356
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Creating a white theme for Android - icons, fonts etc..

I thought that if I posted in ideas, I might not get the attention I wanted from staff. I want to create a white theme to submit as an idea, but I want to know where I can find all the icons, fonts, text sizes etc.A moderator can move it to ideas if ...

• Visitor
  • I thought that if I posted in ideas, I might not get the attention I wanted from staff. I want to create a white theme to submit as an idea, but I want to know where I can find all the icons, fonts, ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification Bar

Anyone knows how to change text color in the notification bar? The background and text are both in black, so I can't see what song I'm playing. Refer to the attachment for the ss. I'm using redmi note 3.

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone knows how to change text color in the notification bar? The background and text are both in black, so I can't see what song I'm playing. Refer to the attachment for the ss. I'm using redmi not...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PROBLEMA AL ABRIR SPOTIFY EN ANDROID

tengo un problema con la app ya que anteriormente funcionaba bien pero ahora alm abrir la app las canciones co cargan correctamente las canciones se travan lo verifique con la compañia de mi chip en el cual todo esta en orden actualizaron la informac...

• tengo un problema con la app ya que anteriormente funcionaba bien pero ahora alm abrir la app las canciones co cargan correctamente las canciones se travan lo verifique con la compañia de mi chip en ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Login - 'You do not have an account linked to facebook'

Hello, I have a premium acccount on my desktop and wanted to login on my Android phone for the first time. Everytime I try to log into the Android app I get a message saying "You do not have an account linked to facebook". I never had an account link...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a premium acccount on my desktop and wanted to login on my Android phone for the first time. Everytime I try to log into the Android app I get a message saying "You do not have an accou...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

can't play whole album on my phone

Hi,Just downloaded Spotify free version on my android phone as well as my laptop. However, the free version on the phone does not give me the option to play a whole album, yet the version on my laptop does.Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.Best...

• Hi, Just downloaded Spotify free version on my android phone as well as my laptop. However, the free version on the phone does not give me the option to play a whole album, yet the version on my lap...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I get a new "Liked From Radio" playlist, or start A new one?

I want to start over my "Liked From Radio" playlist, or just remove everything from that playlist at least?I tried to delete it and remake it but that didn't work because songs wouldn't automatically go to the playlist

• Casual Listener
  • I want to start over my "Liked From Radio" playlist, or just remove everything from that playlist at least? I tried to delete it and remake it but that didn't work because songs wouldn't automatical...
  • clittle99
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not downloading to SD card on Android 6.0

Does anyone know how to make it save to SD card in Marshmallow? Z3 Compact (6.0). I tried granting Spotify storage permission but it still downloads to internal storage.

• Does anyone know how to make it save to SD card in Marshmallow? Z3 Compact (6.0). I tried granting Spotify storage permission but it still downloads to internal storage.
  • emilymayirwin
  • 16 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Android 6.0
    marshmallow
    sd card
  • 16 replies
  • 15 likes

Spotify app uses all my phone storage even though it is saving to SD card

Hello, first time posting to this forum.I'm having the following problem.I've been using spotify for about a year and a half and had no problem whatsoever. But now i have the following problem in my LG G4 beat with 8GB of internal memory.It shows me ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, first time posting to this forum. I'm having the following problem. I've been using spotify for about a year and a half and had no problem whatsoever.  But now i have the following pro...
  • monuza
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop yelling at people

Please update the header bars so that way they aren't yelling at people. For example, "BROWSE" should be "Browse", as most (if not all) other apps use Camelcase. I don't think people like Spotify basically yelling at them via the header bars.

• Composer
  • Please update the header bars so that way they aren't yelling at people. For example, "BROWSE" should be "Browse", as most (if not all) other apps use Camelcase. I don't think people like Spotify bas...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

4 Issues

I have been using Spotify for about 3 months on my Chromebook, Nexus tablet, and Galaxy phone. I like the depth of the library but can't figure out why the following features don't exist (at least to my knowledge):1--why can't I reorder my custom-mad...

• Regular
  • I have been using Spotify for about 3 months on my Chromebook, Nexus tablet, and Galaxy phone. I like the depth of the library but can't figure out why the following features don't exist (at least to...
  • bmfc1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Favorite Songs
    Playlists
    Recently Played
    suggestions
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Nexus 5] Music Interrups When Returning App From Lock Screen

I experience a weird and annoying bug after upgrading to Android 6.0 on my Nexus 5 device. I lock the phone when music is playing, app is on top and "My Music" screen is active (or any playlist screen that is currently running). If I return app from ...

• Casual Listener
  • I experience a weird and annoying bug after upgrading to Android 6.0 on my Nexus 5 device.    I lock the phone when music is playing, app is on top and "My Music" screen is active (o...
  • Decoded
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    lock screen
    marshmallow
    Nexus 5
    Widget
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing music

So what's happening is when I start playing a song, e.g. selecting from a playlist, the song starts really loud but then goes to normal volume again. It's getting really annoying so I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue or has a fix for ...

• Casual Listener
  • So what's happening is when I start playing a song, e.g. selecting from a playlist, the song starts really loud but then goes to normal volume again. It's getting really annoying so I was just wonder...
  • Ty27tp
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Android crashes when opening another app

Hi Spotify Com, The issue i´m having is that the app had been crashing since the last update (i believe was more that 1 month now) and the app is crashing more often that what it normally does, what i have realized that make the crash to happen is op...

• Hi Spotify Com,   The issue i´m having is that the app had been crashing since the last update (i believe was more that 1 month now) and the app is crashing more often that what it normally do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

So i signed up for premium two days ago, went to log in on my tablet- kept saying my password was wrong. Ended up changing my password 3 times, and they all still say it's wrong no matter if they're right. Can now no longer sign in my phone either. T...

• So i signed up for premium two days ago, went to log in on my tablet- kept saying my password was wrong. Ended up changing my password 3 times, and they all still say it's wrong no matter if they're ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pressing the watch now button and not working.

When I watched the ad for 30 minutes ad free I only received 17 minutes (4:13 to 4:30) I have had this happen more than 3 times.

• Casual Listener
  • When I watched the ad for 30 minutes ad free I only received 17 minutes (4:13 to 4:30) I have had this happen more than 3 times.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Turns off

After a couple songs the music stops even mid songs

• Casual Listener
  • After a couple songs the music stops even mid songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Drain

I have a brand spanking new Galaxy S7, with a huge 3000mAh battery. I thought I'd listen to some music for 30 mins, to find my battery had drained by 12%, whist using the 'offline' feature (I'm a premium member). Why is this app absolutely eating my ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a brand spanking new Galaxy S7, with a huge 3000mAh battery. I thought I'd listen to some music for 30 mins, to find my battery had drained by 12%, whist using the 'offline' feature (I'm a pre...
  • navaira
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost all offline data!!!

I just lost all my offline data it said because I used more than 3 offline device.Actually I only use 1 device and it was used online and offline all the time, that's my Android phone (samsung a5 2016)All my downloaded data has been removed. It's rea...

• I just lost all my offline data it said because I used more than 3 offline device. Actually I only use 1 device and it was used online and offline all the time, that's my Android phone (samsung a5 2...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes