Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 14 days abroad

I live in the UK but after my travel in africa I can't access my acount

• Visitor
  • I live in the UK but after my travel in africa I can't access my acount
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Continuous volume change on every song

I'm having some issues with Spotify as of today, whenever I listen to music, the volume level fluctuates from loud to soft volume, I have tried turning the "Normalize volume" setting on and off, no difference. My equalizer is set to "Normal" (Samsung...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having some issues with Spotify as of today, whenever I listen to music, the volume level fluctuates from loud to soft volume, I have tried turning the "Normalize volume" setting on and off,...
  • ThomJV
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not playing???

Ok, I've been extremely excite do listen to Frank Ocean's new album, Blond, so when it went on spotify I raced to play it as fast as I could. However, when I opened the album and tried to play any song from it, the song immediately skipped before one...

• Ok, I've been extremely excite do listen to Frank Ocean's new album, Blond, so when it went on spotify I raced to play it as fast as I could. However, when I opened the album and tried to play any so...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playback stops, then my phone becomes unresponsive

Not sure if it's because of spotify or I just need a new phone. Was listening to music, had my phone in my pocket, then suddenly playback stops. I open the app but then it crashes and my phone becomes unresponsive. I turn it off and try to restart it...

• Regular
  • Not sure if it's because of spotify or I just need a new phone. Was listening to music, had my phone in my pocket, then suddenly playback stops. I open the app but then it crashes and my phone become...
  • takesolace
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Always autoplays

I have a Galaxy S7 and connect to a Uconnect system. Everytime it connects, it automatically starts playing, even if Spotify wasn't open to begin with. I have found no settings on the Uconnect or spotify to stop this, it doesn't not happen with Pando...

• I have a Galaxy S7 and connect to a Uconnect system. Everytime it connects, it automatically starts playing, even if Spotify wasn't open to begin with. I have found no settings on the Uconnect or spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music

So, this is the 3rd time the Application does this to me. I have a lot of playlist saved that I like to hear offline. Today i open my Spotify App and I noticed the green arrow was not on any of my playlist. I went to the "Storage" option and I notice...

• Roadie
  • So, this is the 3rd time the Application does this to me.   I have a lot of playlist saved that I like to hear offline. Today i open my Spotify App and I noticed the green arrow was not on...
  • cratto-oe
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline listening

I downloaded two Playlists to my phone last night. However today when I tried to listen to them offline the songs would stop halfway through; some wouldn't play at all and others would get 3/4 of the way through then skip to the next song. Needless t...

• I downloaded two Playlists to my phone last night. However today when I tried to listen to them offline the songs would stop halfway through; some wouldn't play at all and others would get 3/4 of the...
  • ethancazel
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song will cut out after starting

Usually, once per day, it will cut the song off after I start a new one, what I mean by that is the song says it's playing but no sound is coming out. This has happened for over a year for me and I don't know how to fix it. I always have to restart m...

• Usually, once per day, it will cut the song off after I start a new one, what I mean by that is the song says it's playing but no sound is coming out. This has happened for over a year for me and I d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crackling/static only on saved palylists

As the title says i hear a crackle and static like noise only on my offline saved playlist through my bluetooth headphones. Weird part is i hear no crackle through bluetooth in my car and youtube and spotify stream through headset is fine. Only a sli...

• Visitor
  • As the title says i hear a crackle and static like noise only on my offline saved playlist through my bluetooth headphones. Weird part is i hear no crackle through bluetooth in my car and youtube and...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening offline

I downloaded songs from my computer to my local files and added a few of the songs to a playlist. I read that to play songs from your local files on your phone, you have to switch the Playlist to offline. However, I have done this and the songs still...

• I downloaded songs from my computer to my local files and added a few of the songs to a playlist. I read that to play songs from your local files on your phone, you have to switch the Playlist to off...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Just one song with chromecast audio (Android App)

Hi, it`s just possible for me to play one song over the chromecast audio from the android app.After the skip to the second song, it stops to cast. If I push to play, it casts one second from the first song, and stops again. Every push casts one socon...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   it`s just possible for me to play one song over the chromecast audio from the android app. After the skip to the second song, it stops to cast. If I push to play, it casts one second fr...
  • loveboat188
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Losing Offline storage [OTG USB]

Okay guys so, im using an USB (mounted) stick as my secondary storage , mostly for spotify songs. (works like sd card)Its really simple : just plug the sick into the phone and launch spotify. But I often lose my offline music for some reason and its ...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay guys so, im using an USB (mounted) stick as my secondary storage , mostly for spotify songs. (works like sd card) Its really simple : just plug the sick into the phone and launch spotify. But I...
  • ErikS123
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify constantly says im offline

I've been using spotify for a while now and have almost never run into this problem. Everytime I try to use the Android app on my HTC desire 626, it says that I'm offline. However I can use every other app that need internet both on Wi-Fi and mobile ...

• Regular
  • I've been using spotify for a while now and have almost never run into this problem. Everytime I try to use the Android app on my HTC desire 626, it says that I'm offline. However I can use every oth...
  • Pinebrook
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Not syncing playlist of mp3 local files downloaded from computer.

I downloaded a few songs on the internet and added them as local files on my PC. They play on my computer but not on my phone. When I try and make the playlist available offline on my android (S6) it just says preparing to download forever. I want to...

• I downloaded a few songs on the internet and added them as local files on my PC. They play on my computer but not on my phone. When I try and make the playlist available offline on my android (S6) it...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Your music artists difference

Why are differences with the pages of the artists on Your Music page? I mean when I open a recently played Artist on Your Music page, there are differences. Like if I open Sia there is her all songs albums etc., but if I open Hurts page the I only se...

• Why are differences with the pages of the artists on Your Music page? I mean when I open a recently played Artist on Your Music page, there are differences. Like if I open Sia there is her all songs ...
  • vitorhercules97
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the difference in download quality?

I've been downloading a lot of songs lately and running out of space on my phone. If I change my download quality to normal, does this mean the size of my songs will lower? and does that mean the quality of the song will lower as well?

•  I've been downloading a lot of songs lately and running out of space on my phone. If I change my download quality to normal, does this mean the size of my songs will lower? and does that mean t...
  • vitorhercules97
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • download quality
    settings
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle

I have the free version of Spotify. Whenever I play an album, the songs do not play in order of the track list. It is always playing on Shuffle. This never used to happen. How to I turn off the shuffle feature and start playing the tracks in order ag...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the free version of Spotify. Whenever I play an album, the songs do not play in order of the track list. It is always playing on Shuffle. This never used to happen. How to I turn off the shuff...
  • vitorhercules97
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song list

Is there a way to make your saved songs appear in alphabetical order

• Is there a way to make your saved songs appear in alphabetical order
  • vitorhercules97
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I rearrange songs inside a playlist?

Am currently on the Premium Trial but can't seem to rearrange songs in my playlist. How do I do so? It is a critical feature for me to decide if I would subscribe to Premium after the trial. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Am currently on the Premium Trial but can't seem to rearrange songs in my playlist. How do I do so? It is a critical feature for me to decide if I would subscribe to Premium after the trial. Any idea...
  • vitorhercules97
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes