Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sergeant_hcr
  • Music Fan
  • 60 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps logging me out

I'm running Android 6 on the Moto X Pure. I am the only user of the account and I have not had issues on my previous phone. It's incredibly frustrating to have to redownloading all my songs all the time.

• I'm running Android 6 on the Moto X Pure. I am the only user of the account and I have not had issues on my previous phone. It's incredibly frustrating to have to redownloading all my songs all the t...
  • Jayb72
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

audio stopping after each song

After downloading the latest update to my spotify android app, after each song played the next song starts without sound, and the playlist just continues only without any sound.Both while wearing headphones or playing it loud.If I press next track it...

• After downloading the latest update to my spotify android app, after each song played the next song starts without sound, and the playlist just continues only without any sound. Both while wearing h...
  • Aviate27
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • audio
    bugs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse Tab- how to display information about downloaded music

In previous version of Spotify when I went to Browse-Charts- Global Top 50 (or any other list of songs) I saw before some kind of mark the song was downloaded or not. At present there is no such mark. So during checking some playlist I have no inform...

• Casual Listener
  • In previous version of Spotify when I went to Browse-Charts- Global Top 50 (or any other list of songs) I saw before some kind of mark  the song was downloaded or not. At present there is no suc...
  • Gregsz-pl
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Shuffle

I listen to the same queue each time I start Mobile in Shuffle Mode no matter which song I start with. I have over 8 hrs of music in my playlist but I seem to listen to the same hour? of songs repeatedly if I listen for any extended time. How can I c...

• I listen to the same queue each time I start Mobile in Shuffle Mode no matter which song I start with.  I have over 8 hrs of music in my playlist but I seem to listen to the same hour? of songs ...
  • Hammed
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Equalizer

So I've been looking for the built in equalizer in the Android app but can't find. I'm a premium member and so is my friend. I was telling him Spotify app needs an equalizer he said it has one and I was no way, where is it. He showed his equalizer in...

• Regular
  • So I've been looking for the built in equalizer in the Android app but can't find. I'm a premium member and so is my friend. I was telling him Spotify app needs an equalizer he said it has one and I ...
  • jahzeel1320
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Dateien auf sd Karte übertragen

HalloIch kann meine heruntergeladene Musik nicht auf die sd-karte übertragen.Es kommt die Meldung:"Vielleicht gibt es Probleme mit deiner Sd-karte. Bitte prüfe die Berechtigungen und versuche es erneut.Kann mir jemand helfenAn der sd-karte kann es ni...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo Ich kann meine heruntergeladene Musik nicht auf die sd-karte übertragen. Es kommt die Meldung:"Vielleicht gibt es Probleme mit deiner Sd-karte. Bitte prüfe die Berechtigungen und versuche es ...
  • jonasherdegen
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change to save to SD card. Android lollipop

I just got a new phone today since my other one broke. It is a LG bello 2 with Android 5. I have tried for hours to get it to save to SD card. Tried lots of fixes that are posted here in this forum but i can not get it to work. Other apps can save to...

• Casual Listener
  • I just got a new phone today since my other one broke. It is a LG bello 2 with Android 5. I have tried for hours to get it to save to SD card. Tried lots of fixes that are posted here in this forum b...
  • Teraz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks stop playing.

Ive been a premium user for a couple years now I've had this problem for a few weeks now.I will play a track from anywhere (playlist, radio, album, etc.) the song will finish and change to the next track but wont play. The time slider continues to mo...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive been a premium user for a couple years now I've had this problem for a few weeks now. I will play a track from anywhere (playlist, radio, album, etc.) the song will finish and change to the next...
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Help
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't hear any music through UE Boom or Bluetooth devices since 30 March 2016

Can any one help I notice now that Spotify has select device option yet it doesn't show my UE Boom or In Car connection. It shows my phone is connected to my blue tooth device (UE Boom) but no music plays. Has been working perfectly until yesterday w...

• Can any one help I notice now that Spotify has select device option yet it doesn't show my UE Boom or In Car connection.  It shows my phone is connected to my blue tooth device (UE Boom) but no ...
  • Tazza01-GB
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline bug - Spotify 4.9

When I listen to my music offline, the app tries to play songs that are not available in offline mode.The only way to skip this porblem is by activating the shuffle mode.If I listen to my music with repeat ''on'' and shuffle ''off'', the bug is showi...

• Regular
  • When I listen to my music offline, the app tries to play songs that are not available in offline mode. The only way to skip this porblem is by activating the shuffle mode. If I listen to my music w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"no storage area found"

Cannot open spotify, unless I restart my device at which point I can only play one track before it simply stops playing. Also some tracks can only be played online.

• Casual Listener
  • Cannot open spotify, unless I restart my device at which point I can only play one track before it simply stops playing. Also some tracks can only be played online.
  • nana84gb
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • stops
    storage
    won't open
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes

Mobile data android

Using android 6.0 spotify version 4.9..992.Spotify off-line, background data limited switched on, still observed mobile data usage. The only way to stop spotify using data is to delete it completely?

• Casual Listener
  • Using android 6.0 spotify version 4.9..992. Spotify off-line, background data limited switched on, still observed mobile data usage. The only way to stop spotify using data is to delete it completel...
  • eseverin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Question

I've been trying to make a big playlist lately, and some of the songs I want to put on this playlist aren't on spotify, but I have them saved on my laptop and phone. I have been trying all night to sync the songs from my laptop to my phone. I read th...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to make a big playlist lately, and some of the songs I want to put on this playlist aren't on spotify, but I have them saved on my laptop and phone. I have been trying all night to s...
  • jonasherdegen
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Password

How can I receive my password of an acoount using an other e-mail adress?

• How can I receive my password of an acoount using an other e-mail adress?
  • Wjckpck
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Login via Samsung Multiroom app.

Hi, I am failing to login via the Samsung Multiroom app. I have changed my password countless times and still gives me the error message that username or password is incorrect. I can login via other apps and on the web. What could be the problem. Ple...

• Hi, I am failing to login via the Samsung Multiroom app. I have changed my password countless times and still gives me the error message that username or password is incorrect. I can login via other ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

offline problem - spotify 4.9 on android 6.0

just take a look at the videohttps://t.co/QRf7IlwrT3

• Regular
  • just take a look at the video https://t.co/QRf7IlwrT3
  • marccharby
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Language Filter

I play my Spotify in my office, where clients often come in. Is it possible to filter the Spotify playlists (I use mood and such, nothing custom) so that they are clean language? I don't expect the songs to bleep, but just skip songs with bad languag...

• Visitor
  • I play my Spotify in my office, where clients often come in. Is it possible to filter the Spotify playlists (I use mood and such, nothing custom) so that they are clean language? I don't expect the s...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • language
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify downloading over mobile network. BUG!

So this month my telstra bill is going to be an extra $20, because spotify decided to update my discover weekly playlist over mobile network. I was listening to the playlist and it began syncing to my phone on my home wifi, I left to go to the shops ...

• So this month my telstra bill is going to be an extra $20, because spotify decided to update my discover weekly playlist over mobile network.    I was listening to the playlist and it beg...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy S6 / Bluetooth / AVRCP & Metadata

Hi all, Does ANYONE have an S6 (or any other similar device) with Bluetooth Metadata and AVRCP working with Spotify? It used to work just fine with my Galaxy S4, but I was using AOSP ROMs with that. Since I got the S6 months ago, I have yet to see it...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all,   Does ANYONE have an S6 (or any other similar device) with Bluetooth Metadata and AVRCP working with Spotify? It used to work just fine with my Galaxy S4, but I was using AOSP ROMs wi...
  • Seanfrisbey
  • Music Fan
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Synching local files to Android

We use to be able to easily synch local files by just dropping them into a Playlist on the desktop app and then downloading them on the Android app. Worked perfect. Now when you do this the songs wont download. They just show as unavailable and graye...

• Casual Listener
  • We use to be able to easily synch local files by just dropping them into a Playlist on the desktop app and then downloading them on the Android app. Worked perfect. Now when you do this the songs won...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android local synch problem
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes