Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • iavned
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to delete all library and start from scratch

Is it possible to delete all songs from my Spotify my songs section? If so how?Thanks,Callum

• Regular
  • Is it possible to delete all songs from my Spotify my songs section? If so how? Thanks, Callum
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App works when it wants.

Everyone I use the app, it is very slow. Search is slow, if it works at all. Sometimes it tells me I am offline when I'm not. Sometimes the search will just time out. When I try loading my artists/albums/tracks, it will only load maybe half and the r...

• Everyone I use the app, it is very slow. Search is slow, if it works at all. Sometimes it tells me I am offline when I'm not. Sometimes the search will just time out. When I try loading my artists/al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify links local files with other songs

So I managed to get all my local files on my mobile device. Now I have the problem that some songs are linked to cover bands on spotify. For example: Highway to hell is being linked to a song that is in spotify servers, but the artist is AC DC JAM. S...

• Regular
  • So I managed to get all my local files on my mobile device. Now I have the problem that some songs are linked to cover bands on spotify. For example: Highway to hell is being linked to a song that is...
  • cpit
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony Xperia Z3 WiFi problems

After the last app upgrade,(2.9.0.890) Spotify doesnt work with wireless, but only with mobile operator Internet. This makes Spotify totally unusable.(Spotify say that is offline, but isn't true).

• Casual Listener
  • After the last app upgrade,(2.9.0.890) Spotify doesnt work with wireless, but only with mobile operator Internet. This makes Spotify totally unusable.(Spotify say that is offline, but isn't true).
  • danodanilo
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files wont sync with my mobile

So I was trying to add my AC/DC songs, that I have purchased time ago, to spotify since they don't have AC/DC, I created a playlist with my local files on the desktop app, then synced the playlist with my android device. I can see the playlist on my ...

• Regular
  • So I was trying to add my AC/DC songs, that I have purchased time ago, to spotify since they don't have AC/DC, I created a playlist with my local files on the desktop app, then synced the playlist wi...
  • LSxPoweredKia
  • Casual Listener
  • 23 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Help
    local files
    Spotify
  • 23 replies
  • 1 likes

HTC Liberty error messages

When trying to download the spotify I get error message "no app can be found to open this file" or if I try using the log in option from google error message "content not supported on phone. Also, when I try to go to google play store through google ...

• Casual Listener
  • When trying to download the spotify I get error message  "no app can be found to open this file" or if I try using the log in option from google error message "content not supported on phone. &...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The Beatles Aren't Available on my Android Phone

I recently imported a bunch of my CD's to my iTunes. Everything transferred over to Spotify smoothly, and I can listen to everything on my Galaxy s4...except The Beatles. I can listen to the songs through Spotify on my Mac, but in the playlists on my...

• I recently imported a bunch of my CD's to my iTunes. Everything transferred over to Spotify smoothly, and I can listen to everything on my Galaxy s4...except The Beatles. I can listen to the songs th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there an intent for add to my music?

I'd also be interested in a complete liset of available intents. 

• Regular
  • I'd also be interested in a complete liset of available intents. 
  • cruelty
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection problem with spotify and shazam

Hello! Anyone knows if shazam stills support connection with spotify? Today i installed shazam in new android cellphone (Moto X) and only Rdio is avaible! Thanks!

Screenshot_2015-06-04-16-53-04.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello! Anyone knows if shazam stills support connection with spotify?   Today i installed shazam in new android cellphone (Moto X) and only Rdio is avaible!     Thanks!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect radio pioneer android

Hello!!! I have a problem when listen music in my car. It have a radio pionner avh-x2650bt and mi phone is S5. When I hear music in my phone with spotify on the screen of the car radio information from the original player of the phone and not of Spot...

• Not applicable
  • Hello!!!   I have a problem when listen music in my car. It have a radio pionner avh-x2650bt and mi phone is S5.   When I hear music in my phone with spotify on the screen of the c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

after equalizer volume changes

HeySince I changed the settings the sound volume changes all the time and it doesn't stop.I changed the equalizer to Normal again but nothing happend

• Hey Since I changed the settings the sound volume changes all the time and it doesn't stop. I changed the equalizer to Normal again but nothing happend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download songs have to be re downloaded almost weekly.

Hi, Can you please tell me if its normal that my downloaded playlists have to be re-downloaded almost weekly. I have them downloaded on my tablet and have been in the country only to find I must connect to the internet and download the songs again. C...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Can you please tell me if its normal that my downloaded playlists have to be re-downloaded almost weekly. I have them downloaded on my tablet and have been in the country only to find I must conn...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot connect

Since the last update (performed yesterday) the app does not play songs. There is a messagre "no internet connection", though the internet connection of my smartphone is up and working. Is there a problem?

• Roadie
  • Since the last update (performed yesterday) the app does not play songs. There is a messagre "no internet connection", though the internet connection of my smartphone is up and working. Is there...
  • newnexo
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify equalizer inside the car not working.

My problem in a few steps.: I listen to music before leaving the house with headphone's. So good at all. When i connect my mobile through bluetooth with my car the equalizer is not working anymore. Then i have to restart my mobile and launch spotify ...

• Gig Goer
  • My problem in a few steps.:      I listen to music before leaving the house with headphone's. So good at all.  When i connect my mobile through bluetooth with my car the equal...
  • BGRAGU
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

offline to online issue (android)

hi allsince a few weeks (my) spotify has seriously a problem to go from the offline to the online mode.description:i disable the button offline modetype in an artistthe green circle appears and turns for a long timeafter a while the message "oops som...

• Casual Listener
  • hi all since a few weeks (my) spotify has seriously a problem to go from the offline to the online mode. description: i disable the button offline mode type in an artist the green circle a...
  • kley2k
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Equalizers don't work with Spotify

For the last year, I've had to use Spotify with no Equalizer on my OPO, thinking EQ's were just broken on the phone since it's a cheap Chinese phone with thrown-together parts, or perhaps because of the CyanogenMod ROM. I just switched to a Galaxy S6...

• Roadie
  • For the last year, I've had to use Spotify with no Equalizer on my OPO, thinking EQ's were just broken on the phone since it's a cheap Chinese phone with thrown-together parts, or perhaps becaus...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify still plays over bluetooth during phone calls

I have an HTC One m8, lollipop version, and this recently started happening. I will be listening to Spotify through bluetooth in my car and if I make a call or a call comes in, the music will pause (like it should) for a bit, but then it'll start pla...

• I have an HTC One m8, lollipop version, and this recently started happening. I will be listening to Spotify through bluetooth in my car and if I make a call or a call comes in, the music will pause (...
  • chignio
  • 26 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 6 likes

not playing selected track

after searching for a artist and selecting the track i want to listen to, the 'shuffle play" button will flash and spotify will play something else.i am using a android device.i know this has been reported previously but i have yet to find a solution...

• Casual Listener
  • after searching for a artist and selecting the track i want to listen to, the 'shuffle play" button will flash and spotify will play something else. i am using a android device. i know this has...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Has Stopped Working message - does not even open !

I used to use Spotify on my HTC One M8 regularly and worked fine but now have a GFone mobile as my HTC is in for repair. I have downloaded the Spotify app but keep getting the message Spotify Has Stopped Working - does not even open. All othe apps wo...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to use Spotify on my HTC One M8 regularly and worked fine but now have a GFone mobile as my HTC is in for repair.  I have downloaded the Spotify app but keep getting the message Spotify H...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not downloading

All the songs from this album download, except this one, can you guys explain me why? I'm on a Galaxy S4...

Screenshot_2015-06-03-15-31-53.png
  • Not applicable
  • All the songs from this album download, except this one, can you guys explain me why? I'm on a Galaxy S4...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes