Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Black screen when casting

I recently started using Spotify (finally), and usually casting to chromecast on my TV, either via Samsung tablet or PC. Question is, is it supposed to just be a black screen with the Spotify logo when casting? I also have to use the chromecast do st...

• Visitor
  • I recently started using Spotify (finally), and usually casting to chromecast on my TV, either via Samsung tablet or PC. Question is, is it supposed to just be a black screen with the Spotify logo wh...
  • szjani
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Someone is logged into my account

I already logged out of all devices and changed my password but when I try to listen to music is says im already listening on an iPhone but I have a galaxy s7? I don't know what else to do?

• I already logged out of all devices and changed my password but when I try to listen to music is says im already listening on an iPhone but I have a galaxy s7? I don't know what else to do?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Need to find my account that im paying for?

I have a free account on my facebook but cant find the one im paying for? Please help

• Casual Listener
  • I have a free account on my facebook but cant find the one im paying for? Please help
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Galaxy S6 auto play problem

Hi all, I have a problem on my S6 Edge, basically Spotify will play a song all fine but will never play the next song unless I unlock my phone and open the app (the app I's still running in the background) I have tried to play with settings but nothi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I have a problem on my S6 Edge, basically Spotify will play a song all fine but will never play the next song unless I unlock my phone and open the app (the app I's still running in ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I've purchased 4 spotify giftcards and not one will redeem to my account. I'm spending $ for nothing

I have now purchased 4 spotify gift cards and not one will redeem to my account. It says I've got something like 174 days until it is a spotify free account, but won't let me download music, playlists, listen to them or anything! I'm getting extremel...

• I have now purchased 4 spotify gift cards and not one will redeem to my account. It says I've got something like 174 days until it is a spotify free account, but won't let me download music, playlist...
  • Samuel7
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Make my playlist easier to access

I'm a truck driver, Spotify is my entertainment. Unfortunately with your updates it has become harder for me to change from one playlists to another. I shouldn't have to go through 3 options to find my playlist, and I hate the swiping screen at the h...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a truck driver, Spotify is my entertainment. Unfortunately with your updates it has become harder for me to change from one playlists to another. I shouldn't have to go through 3 options to find ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

29 days before I can go online....

Hello, I have had Spotify Premium since July last year. I just got a new phone and downloaded this app but I can't actually go "online" due to a 29 day wait!! WHY?Apparently other threads say that you have to wait for verification to see if you reall...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have had Spotify Premium since July last year. I just got a new phone and downloaded this app but I can't actually go "online" due to a 29 day wait!! WHY? Apparently other threads say that ...
  • Silv3rshadow
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 29 days before online
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't download. Says no storage but I have loads! Help!

I'm a premium user and have lots of songs downloaded onto my tablet. Recently when trying to download I got an error message saying not enough space I have 20gb on external and 5g on internal. Tried deleting play lists... Deleting cache... Even unins...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a premium user and have lots of songs downloaded onto my tablet. Recently when trying to download I got an error message saying not enough space   I have 20gb on external and 5g on inter...
  • abrahamrestrepo
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Free

Ich kann hören was ich will aber ich habe nicht Spotify Premium ,aber laut Spotify habe ich kein Premium und keine 30 Tage testen was habe ich dann?ich will nichts zahlen

• Ich kann hören was ich will aber ich habe nicht Spotify Premium ,aber laut Spotify habe ich kein Premium und keine 30 Tage testen was habe ich dann?ich will nichts zahlen
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect only playing certain songs from new albums

Hey Guys, New to the forum but Spotify Premium user for a few years and I'm pretty good with Android and computers so try any solution with me. Issue: I'm trying to "Connect" to my Amazon Echo Dot to play two new albums, "Therapy Session" by NF and "...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Guys,   New to the forum but Spotify Premium user for a few years and I'm pretty good with Android and computers so try any solution with me.    Issue: I'm trying to "Connect" ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not avalible

I can't listen tog songs that's not in mycket playlist! The massage "song is not avalible" keeps popping up! What's wrong :(?

• I can't listen tog songs that's not in mycket playlist! The massage "song is not avalible" keeps popping up! What's wrong :(?
  • girliegurl_82
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't play Prince anymore?

Whenever I search any of Prince's albums and try to play the song on my Android, it just does nothing. By the way, I do have a premium account.

• Whenever I search any of Prince's albums and try to play the song on my Android, it just does nothing. By the way, I do have a premium account.
  • jennimae
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify constantly crashing or is unbearably slow after SD card mount

Hi I'm in desperate need of help here please. My spotify app has gone completely haywire. It all started about a week ago. I use a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 phone running Andriod 5.1.1 which doesn't have much memory and so I was prompted by spotify to f...

• Regular
  • Hi   I'm in desperate need of help here please.  My spotify app has gone completely haywire.  It all started about a week ago.  I use a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 phone running Andr...
  • timos20
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ask For User-Agent Spotify Apps

Anyone can you help me, how to identify User-Agent string use in Spotify apps in android, or you can share here what user-agent string used in spotify apps, for example in on iTun*s like this itunes/9.0.2 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.4.11) AppleWebK...

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone can you help me, how to identify User-Agent string use in Spotify apps in android, or you can share here what user-agent string used in spotify apps,   for example in on iTun*s like thi...
  • de2apandi
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on Loading Screen

I'm stuck on the loading screen with the Spotify logo so can't access anything at all. Help!

• I'm stuck on the loading screen with the Spotify logo so can't access anything at all. Help!
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume changes

The volume changes up and down on my songs constantly when playing. It's driving me crazy. Any ideas?

• The volume changes up and down on my songs constantly when playing. It's driving me crazy. Any ideas?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost synced music at the worst time :(

I had a couple hundred tracks synced on my Note 3 in preparation for a long flight. Boarded the plane, got settled in, fired up Spotify... and the phone locked up and rebooted. And when it came back up... no music synced any more; the playlists set f...

• I had a couple hundred tracks synced on my Note 3 in preparation for a long flight. Boarded the plane, got settled in, fired up Spotify... and the phone locked up and rebooted. And when it came back ...
  • hotchocokate
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY PREMIUM BAD

On April 11 I acquired spotify premium paying with a debit card, and today hardly 21 April marks 10 days have taken me back to spotify free, what happened?

• On April 11 I acquired spotify premium paying with a debit card, and today hardly 21 April marks 10 days have taken me back to spotify free, what happened?
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not play when launched while Android phone screen OFF.

Spotify app does NOT start playing when:Using an external Bluetooth device to launch Google Now (or other Android service) which in turn to launch Spotify app to play a song while phone screen is off. We have to light up the screen either manually or...

• Spotify app does NOT start playing when: Using an external Bluetooth device to launch Google Now (or other Android service) which in turn to launch Spotify app to play a song while phone screen is o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • launch spotify
    screen off
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing

My Spotify is not playing if my phone is locked. It will play a song all the way through, but will not play the next song unless I open the Spotify app and look at it. I tried restarting my phone and Uninstalled the app and reinstalled. This is occur...

• My Spotify is not playing if my phone is locked. It will play a song all the way through, but will not play the next song unless I open the Spotify app and look at it. I tried restarting my phone and...
  • MrsSiler05
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes