Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play Downloaded Music

I've been having issues playing downloaded items. Even though a playlist is marked as downloaded, and the tracks show that they are on the device, they will only play when connected to a network. To confirm, I've downloaded a playlist, then turned of...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having issues playing downloaded items. Even though a playlist is marked as downloaded, and the tracks show that they are on the device, they will only play when connected to a network. &n...
  • BitwiseOperator
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

static

Hi, im getting really loud static con top of the song. Im using it con android, and it has alzó happened with another android phone before. Its so loud i can barely hear the song. Its not the headphones because ive tried listening to something el se ...

• Hi, im getting really loud static con top of the song. Im using it con android, and it has alzó happened with another android phone before. Its so loud i can barely hear the song. Its not the headpho...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • distortion
    static
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [SOLVED] Spotify Connect - connection fail since last update

Dear community, Since my last update o my android App Spotify, it's impossible to use Connect anymore. My devices are seen but when I initiate the connection, it says nothing and just stop trying to connect. I've try those process :* Delete spotify a...

• Music Fan
  • Dear community,   Since my last update o my android App Spotify, it's impossible to use Connect anymore.   My devices are seen but when I initiate the connection, it says nothing and ju...
  • theburn
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify tries to stream songs in offline mode

Quite often when I am using Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S4, I will set the app to offline mode because I'll be away from an internet source, but the app will queue and try to play songs that have not been downloaded to the device. They obviously don...

• Visitor
  • Quite often when I am using Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S4, I will set the app to offline mode because I'll be away from an internet source, but the app will queue and try to play songs that have no...
  • marccharby
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline problem - Android 6.0 - Beta 5.0.0.954

-LG G4-32gb int. storage-32gb ext. storage-Android 6.0-Spotify beta 5.0.0.954 Since the first time i used spotify, i was always playing my music from the '' Song '' sub-menu.When I was listening to something,even if was in shuffle or not and on offli...

• Regular
  • -LG G4 -32gb int. storage -32gb ext. storage -Android 6.0 -Spotify beta 5.0.0.954   Since the first time i used spotify, i was always playing my music from the '' Song '' sub-menu. When I...
  • marccharby
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 6.0
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Fast Scrolling on Samsung S6 Edge

Hi, I have updated my Samsung S6 Edge to the latest Android (6.01) and the latest Spotify version available on the Google play store. I like to listen a rather large playlist, where back in a previous version, if I held the right hand side and slid m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have updated my Samsung S6 Edge to the latest Android (6.01) and the latest Spotify version available on the Google play store.   I like to listen a rather large playlist, where...
  • renegade142
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Fast Scroll
    S6 Edge
    Samsung
    Scrolling
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio station error

I added 8 songs from discover weekly that I liked into a playlist and attempted to start playlist radio. What I got was "Radio station error. We can't load this radio station right now. Please try later." This is on my Android. On desktop I also can'...

• Music Fan
  • I added 8 songs from discover weekly that I liked into a playlist and attempted to start playlist radio. What I got was "Radio station error. We can't load this radio station right now. Please try la...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android - No storage area found

Hey there. I'm from Germany so please excuse my English. I have the problem that if I want to start Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S5 comes a text in the head bar. (The bar with clock and WLAN and so) There stand: No storage area found - Check storage ...

• Hey there. I'm from Germany so please excuse my English. I have the problem that if I want to start Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S5 comes a text in the head bar. (The bar with clock and WLAN and so) ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Opening Spotify crashes and restarts my HTC phone

It is just one of the things that happen when I start Spotify. This particular behavior is the worst as the whole phone shuts down and restarts when I try to open my Spotify App. I am a premium user and I never had any problems with Spotify (I loved ...

• ...ike a slow streaming app?   4. This is not just a GLITCH but more of a regular ocurrence.     Phone: HTC Butterfly S OS: Android 4.4.2 Spotify-version: Always the latest public...
  • christurbervill
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • crashes
    htc
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming cache always on internal storage?

I'm running Marshmallow 6.0 on a Moto X Play. From a clean installation, I have storage set to 'SD card' in the new Storage menu. I have never downloaded anything, I've only ever streamed. Spotify seems to be successfully using the SD card to store i...

• Roadie
  • I'm running Marshmallow 6.0 on a Moto X Play. From a clean installation, I have storage set to 'SD card' in the new Storage menu. I have never downloaded anything, I've only ever streamed. Spotify se...
  • voice_of_reason
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't download offline!

I've had this issue ever since I reinstalled to try and stop the other bug of music stopping halfway. My playlist has about 600 songs yet it downloads 5 of them and gets stuck downloading the rest. I've followed the troubleshooting guide, I have adeq...

• I've had this issue ever since I reinstalled to try and stop the other bug of music stopping halfway.   My playlist has about 600 songs yet it downloads 5 of them and gets stuck downloading th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Offline mode problem ! Unselected song trying to play when the offline mode is on !

I'm on a LG G4-marshmallow.-32gb internal-32gb external storage When i'm downloading my songs and switching to offline mode, my unselected song a trying to start. Since the last update, this problem started.

• Regular
  • I'm on a LG G4 -marshmallow. -32gb internal -32gb external storage   When i'm downloading my songs and  switching to offline mode, my unselected song a trying to start.  Since th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline artists and albums not available

Hello everyone I marked several artists and albums to listen while offline. But when I try to open thes artists and albums libraries the app says I am offline and it can't open, even though all the songs are downloaded. I still can listen to the song...

• Hello everyone   I marked several artists and albums to listen while offline. But when I try to open thes artists and albums libraries the app says I am offline and it can't open, even though ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrolling on my spotify playlists

Hello could you please inform my why it is now impossible to scroll through my playlists quickly?

• Hello could you please inform my why it is now impossible to scroll through my playlists quickly?
  • DavidEriksson1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How our app release process works

Our product owners have been reading your feedback here in the Community and in our Beta boards. In doing so they've realized there's quite a few questions from you all about how our release process works. One of our POs @henka has drafted this post ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Our product owners have been reading your feedback here in the Community and in our Beta boards. In doing so they've realized there's quite a few questions from you all about how our release pro...
  • Thepatricksquir
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Can't login with premium account because of foreign country measage

HiI have a premium Spotify account and living in the Netherlands. Since a few weeks I cannot login to my account via the Spotify app as it states during login that I cannot use Spotify in a foreign country. But I am not in a foreign country; I can lo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have a premium Spotify account and living in the Netherlands. Since a few weeks I cannot login to my account via the Spotify app as it states during login that I cannot use Spotify in a forei...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pausing when opening an app.

Just recently I started having problems with Spotify pausing when I open my Uber app. This is extremely annoying because I like to select music for my guest and then when the app opens it pauses. Is there a solution for this problem?

• Just recently I started having problems with Spotify pausing when I open my Uber app. This is extremely annoying because I like to select music for my guest and then when the app opens it pauses. Is ...
  • mutorcs
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Home and search not working and playlists empty :-(

Hi allI hope someone cane help! On my android tablet my Spotify home page is blank with a 'something went wrong try again message', the search doesn't work and all listed playlists are empty.I have a windows phone and spotify is working fine on that....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all I hope someone cane help!   On my android tablet my Spotify home page is blank with a 'something went wrong try again message', the search doesn't work and all listed playlists are emp...
  • Vheriot
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezing on Android

My spotify constantly freezes. I have the Premium and I use the offline mode as well but it still freezes over and over again within one song. HELP! Why pay for something that does not work!

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify constantly freezes. I have the Premium and I use the offline mode as well but it still freezes over and over again within one song. HELP! Why pay for something that does not work!
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    freeze
    frustration
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes