Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone notification

Hi, How can I get rid of the notification on my phone when I play music on something that's not my phone ? Annoying "feature".

• Hi,   How can I get rid of the notification on my phone when I play music on something that's not my phone ? Annoying "feature".
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

missing pause and play controls on Samsung Mega 6.3

I didn't have a problem until my phone updated to 4.4.4 android. I only get the controls on the lock and system tray.I uninstalled and reinstalledcleared cache and data and reinstalled again.Nothing gives me control over the music within the app whic...

• Casual Listener
  • I didn't have a problem until my phone updated to 4.4.4 android. I only get the controls on the lock and system tray. I uninstalled and reinstalled cleared cache and data and reinstalled again. ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • controls pause play mega Samsung 4.4.4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why you need an update to Kitkat in Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini?

Hey there. If you have Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini, please take a look at settings and download an update... Spotify after that GORGEOUS! Thank you everyone.

Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-17-53.png
  • Visitor
  • Hey there.   If you have Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini, please take a look at settings and download an update... Spotify after that GORGEOUS!     Thank you everyone.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't load on my HTC Incredible

Hey guys, I have spotify premium and it's on my htc incredible. I've had it for over six months, but recently i've been having problems. When i press the icon, the screen turns black, then brings me back to the home screen. any help? also, i have bee...

• Hey guys, I have spotify premium and it's on my htc incredible. I've had it for over six months, but recently i've been having problems. When i press the icon, the screen turns black, then brings me ...
  • shuree113
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Connect to laptop not working

I've got the latest versions of Spotify on my Windows laptop and Android phone. Both on the same WiFi network and logged in with my premium account. Windows Firewall is off. On the laptop, I can see "Connected to HTCONE" on the devices list. But my p...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got the latest versions of Spotify on my Windows laptop and Android phone.  Both on the same WiFi network and logged in with my premium account.  Windows Firewall is off.  On the ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps downloading nothing

I have recently done a factory reset on my phone. Then it started to malfunction. At first it re-downloaded my offline playlists every time I started up spotify. People recommended a clean install (I did this, even formatted the SD card). However, no...

• Casual Listener
  • I have recently done a factory reset on my phone. Then it started to malfunction. At first it re-downloaded my offline playlists every time I started up spotify. People recommended a clean install (I...
  • Loewkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does spotify keep turning down my music automatically

I thiught my aux was messed up cause it was only playing through one side but I turned pandora on and it works just fine. Im canceling my subscription if its not fixed

• I thiught my aux was messed up cause it was only playing through one side but I turned pandora on and it works just fine. Im canceling my subscription if its not fixed
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to move offline songs from Sd card to Phone storage?

Hello, i'm trying to figgure out how to move my offline songs from my sd card to phone storage.I've spent some time searching for an answer but i can only find out how to do it the other way around.I have tried manually moving the cache files from sd...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i'm trying to figgure out how to move my offline songs from my sd card to phone storage. I've spent some time searching for an answer but i can only find out how to do it the other way around...
  • Pmerkel
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to sync local files with android

I hav ebaout 60 local files that I have been successful in adding to spotify on the windows computer... but when I go to my playlist, and select the "Available Offline" button, those files do not sync on the phone. I have even tried making a playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • I hav ebaout 60 local files that I have been successful in adding to spotify on the windows computer... but when I go to my playlist, and select the "Available Offline" button, those files do not syn...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Issues with adding local files to my mobile device.

So I'm having a bit of a problem here, I know there is the ability to add songs from your local files to your Spotify playlists and I'm trying to accomplish this so I can listen to songs not available on Spotify on my mobile device. I did this with m...

• Regular
  • So I'm having a bit of a problem here, I know there is the ability to add songs from your local files to your Spotify playlists and I'm trying to accomplish this so I can listen to songs not availabl...
  • Vault_Hunter
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music disappearing and music stopping 3/4 of the way through

I've had spotify premium for a year now and have never had any issues streaming or downloading music on my HTC One M8 or previous phons before about a month ago. Now whenever I download music to my HTC One M8 it says it is downloaded until i lose ser...

• I've had spotify premium for a year now and have never had any issues streaming or downloading music on my HTC One M8 or previous phons before about a month ago.   Now whenever I download mus...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Skips and Such on the mobile app

First, I just want to say that I love spotify and I use it pretty much 24/7. However, I don't understand why when you are on your cell phone, you don't have unlimited skips if you are on wifi. When you are on a tablet, you can do as much as you can o...

• Regular
  • First, I just want to say that I love spotify and I use it pretty much 24/7. However, I don't understand why when you are on your cell phone, you don't have unlimited skips if you are on wifi. When y...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Blank screen in app

Everytime I boot the app I get a blank screen and can't do anything but hit the home key and leave. This happens every other month and I am sick of it. I have been a Premium user for at least 2 years and am very close to taking my business elsewhere....

• Everytime I boot the app I get a blank screen and can't do anything but hit the home key and leave. This happens every other month and I am sick of it. I have been a Premium user for at least 2 years...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has Stopped Working Message

This just started happening yesterday, I have a Galaxy S4, when I open Spotify there is the typical black backdrop and then in the upper left corner the menu button with the spotify logo, but after that nothing loads and soon I get a message saying "...

• This just started happening yesterday, I have a Galaxy S4, when I open Spotify there is the typical black backdrop and then in the upper left corner the menu button with the spotify logo, but after t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

android songs deleted

I am a premium user and have playlists dowloaded for offline use on my laptop and android device. Recently, my android songs and playlists were all deleted and when I log back into my account on my phone, it prompts me to download premium as if I hav...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium user and have playlists dowloaded for offline use on my laptop and android device.  Recently, my android songs and playlists were all deleted and when I log back into my account o...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to install spotify on my android phone!

Hi all currently live in S-Korea and get my phone from local store. i find im unable to install spotify! im using premium now but just cant use spotify on my phone at all... Any Help?

1.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi all   currently live in S-Korea and get my phone from local store. i find im unable to install spotify!     im using premium now but just cant use spotify on my phone...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"Devices" tab has never worked

I'm trying to sync songs from my desktop to my LG G3. It has never shown up in the Device tab. It has never synced the songs. I have... 1. Connected both devices to the same Wi-Fi, opened both apps at the same time, and waited 2. Uninstalled and rein...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to sync songs from my desktop to my LG G3. It has never shown up in the Device tab. It has never synced the songs. I have...   1. Connected both devices to the same Wi-Fi, opened ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Kobo Arc 7 Mobile or Tablet?

I'm thinking of getting a kobo arc 7 soon and I've heard strange things about what version spotify decides to use in 7 inch tablets and that often mobile is installed in them, particularly if they're not "popular" models. Does anybody here have a Kob...

• Music Fan
  • I'm thinking of getting a kobo arc 7 soon and I've heard strange things about what version spotify decides to use in 7 inch tablets and that often mobile is installed in them, particularly if they're...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

nakisastore `s iPhone

Hello, I got weird issue. Today I reinstalled Spotify app on my Android and found out that I`m linked to some "nakisastore`s iPhone" device. How it`s possible? That user also switches tracks all the time. I tried to change password but it didn`t help...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello, I got weird issue. Today I reinstalled Spotify app on my Android and found out that I`m linked to some "nakisastore`s iPhone" device. How it`s possible? That user also switches tracks all...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Control Device from desktop possible?

Hello. I have yet to find Spotify functionality that alows me to control playback on my Samsung Galaxy III. This is an Rdio feature I have yet to find on Spotify, I hope it exists. Basically I want to plug my phone into a mini plug connected to my st...

• Hello.   I have yet to find Spotify functionality that alows me to control playback on my Samsung Galaxy III. This is an Rdio feature I have yet to find on Spotify, I hope it exists. Basical...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes