Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! extreme quality streaming..but not on nexus 10 tablet

I have a premium account and get extreme quality streaming on my Samsung S3 phone but only high quality can be enabled on my nexus 10 tablet.. Why is this?

• I have a premium account and get extreme quality streaming on my Samsung S3 phone but only high quality can be enabled on my nexus 10 tablet.. Why is this?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify support on cool headset app (Android)

This nice Android app supports online music services like Spotify.Interesting is that this app supports 1,or 3 button headsets. It is Ad free and Cost free.It also handled other features for your headset so it is very useful.It would be very interest...

• This nice Android app supports online music services like Spotify. Interesting is that this app supports 1,or 3 button headsets. It is Ad free and Cost free. It also handled other features for ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android headset control functions
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No too thrilled with Spotify

As a new subscriber I am not happy with Spotify. Start a radio with a known Jazz guitarist and the radio station plays everything BUT that Jazz guitarist or ANY jazz guitarists. For all the hype Spotify is lamer than Pandora.

• Casual Listener
  • As a new subscriber I am not happy with Spotify.  Start a radio with a known Jazz guitarist and the radio station plays everything BUT that Jazz guitarist or ANY jazz guitarists.  For all t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Well discussed,yet the issues persist to store offline playlist on external SD card.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone running android V 4.3 and latest Spotify version 0.7.4.610.gd.7332b3. This phone comes with measly 16 GB and at present I have only 4.4 GB space left in internal storage. I put in a new micro SD card of 32 GB with 29....

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone running android V 4.3 and latest  Spotify version 0.7.4.610.gd.7332b3.  This phone comes with measly 16 GB and at present I have only 4.4 GB space left in i...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Just Stops Playing

Hello to all: Ever since they did the update to where Spotify remembers your last save point, the app will either stop playing music at it's own leisure or it will revert back to the save point wihtout an option to go to a particular point in a song ...

• Regular
  • Hello to all:   Ever since they did the update to where Spotify remembers your last save point, the app will either stop playing music at it's own leisure or it will revert back to the save ...
  • vannexus7
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] extreme usage of mobile data

Hi there, I've read that I'm not the only one with this problem, but as far as I could see it has not been this extreme until now: In the days 25.12.13 to 28.12.13 I did not use Spotify on my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android), I only used...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I've read that I'm not the only one with this problem, but as far as I could see it has not been this extreme until now:   In the days 25.12.13 to 28.12.13 I did not use...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Very specific crash condition

I am running spotify on my LG F6. The problem I am experiencing is that when I am on the artist page for Rilo Kiley if I try to scroll down past the "Appears On" section the app closes abruptly. If I'm playing music at the time it continues uninterru...

• I am running spotify on my LG F6. The problem I am experiencing is that when I am on the artist page for Rilo Kiley if I try to scroll down past the "Appears On" section the app closes abruptly. If I...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Data Usage on my Samsung Galaxy S4

I have been paying for and using Spotify now for a few months on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I know that as it is a streaming service that it will use up a large amount of data usage for each month of my phone plan. In previous months I can say that it has...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been paying for and using Spotify now for a few months on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I know that as it is a streaming service that it will use up a large amount of data usage for each month of my p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Usage
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline play lists repeatedly erased

My offline play lists have been erased twice in the last two weeks. I have used Spotify premium for over two years with my offline play lists being erased a few times prior to this occurrence. I wasn't too concerned previously as I was in the UK and ...

• Visitor
  • My offline play lists have been erased twice in the last two weeks. I have used Spotify premium for over two years with my offline play lists being erased a few times prior to this occurrence. I wasn...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Notification bar changed size

At first the notification bar widget was two lines tall. Then it switched to one line tall. No clue why. Any ideas?

• Gig Goer
  • At first the notification bar widget was two lines tall. Then it switched to one line tall. No clue why. Any ideas?
  • Matze
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Synced local tracks not available in Adroid app

I just synced some local tracks to spotify and they show up fine on my PC but in my phone the local tracks are grey and unavailable. I have tried logging in and out a few times and the problem persists. Can anyone help me?

• I just synced some local tracks to spotify and they show up fine on my PC but in my phone the local tracks are grey and unavailable. I have tried logging in and out a few times and the problem persis...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song information via bluetooth

I am currently using SGS3 and just updated to Android version 4.3. I drive a lot due my work and Spotify has been my best friend during these trips. One of the biggest thing was when I bought my Volvo S60 that includes integrated bluetooth with A2DP ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am currently using SGS3 and just updated to Android version 4.3. I drive a lot due my work and Spotify has been my best friend during these trips. One of the biggest thing was when I bought my Volv...
  • Matze
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3G data turned off but still being used

Hi. This morning I set several albums to download ie make them offline. I was connected to my WiFi network. I thought it was strange when the third album got stuck at 16% then later I got an email from my telephone provider to say I'd used all my dat...

• Regular
  • Hi. This morning I set several albums to download ie make them offline. I was connected to my WiFi network. I thought it was strange when the third album got stuck at 16% then later I got an email fr...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • WiFi 3g download offline settings
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlist will not play

I made a playlist of songs from spotify's database and am trying to play them offline and it will not work. I made it an offline playlist too. Also it has that green download arrow next under the playlist name next to the number of track on the playl...

• Visitor
  • I made a playlist of songs from spotify's database and am trying to play them offline and it will not work. I made it an offline playlist too. Also it has that green download arrow next under th...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is my phone compatible with Spotify?

I recently got an email about Spotify being offered free on mobile. When I tried to install it from Google Play, I got an error saying my device is incompatible with the app. I have a Sony Xperia SP running Android version 4.1.2. I wasn't sure if thi...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently got an email about Spotify being offered free on mobile. When I tried to install it from Google Play, I got an error saying my device is incompatible with the app. I have a Sony Xperia SP ...
  • lariwestside
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Duplicate playlists after folders created

I created folders on my PC to organize my playlists. Wonderful. The only problem is that now all the playlists downloaded on my Android device appear twice, once in the download section and once in the folders I created. I'm using Android 4.1.2 runni...

• Gig Goer
  • I created folders on my PC to organize my playlists. Wonderful. The only problem is that now all the playlists downloaded on my Android device appear twice, once in the download section and once in t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can the developers fix the bugs before adding new features?!

There are so many issues with the app. I don't need a new log in screen or anything fancy for now or the rest or the community. I've used spotify on an HTC One, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3 and many other phones and they all are full of bugs.Bugs such as...

• Regular
  • There are so many issues with the app. I don't need a new log in screen or anything fancy for now or the rest or the community. I've used spotify on an HTC One, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3 and many othe...
  • guyalisha
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Audio Effects

I have a Huawei Premia 4g . I'm running 4.0.4 Android Ice Cream Sandwich . I've noticed that when I go to my Audio Effects I don't have the option to have 3d effects .

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Huawei Premia 4g . I'm running 4.0.4 Android Ice Cream Sandwich . I've noticed that when I go to my Audio Effects I don't have the option to have 3d effects .
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG: song duration reported in seconds instead of milliseconds

The android client uses RemoteControlClient to broadcast track metadata, which is then consumed e.g. by the lock screen widget, but also by the AVRCP service. Unfortunately, the duration of the track is reported in seconds whereas the docs clearly st...

• Casual Listener
  • The android client uses RemoteControlClient to broadcast track metadata, which is then consumed e.g. by the lock screen widget, but also by the AVRCP service. Unfortunately, the duration of the track...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not recognized on android phone

I upgraded my Spotify to premium on my tablet today but my android phone doesn't recognize it! I have logged out of Spotify on my tablet and the phone still doesn't recognize the upgrade to premium! Any suggestions ?

• I upgraded my Spotify to premium on my tablet today but my android phone doesn't recognize it! I have logged out of Spotify on my tablet and the phone still doesn't recognize the upgrade to premium! ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Samsung
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes