Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Aeniah
  • Visitor
  • 61 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded playlists become Undownloaded.

I'll download a playlist to make it available offline, when I restart spotify, the playlist Starts downloading again. This is very frustrating. .. Any ideas? Thanks!

• I'll download a playlist to make it available offline, when I restart spotify, the playlist Starts downloading again. This is very frustrating. .. Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app ideas

Hi spot been a premium member for 18 mths approx. Trouble recently ( perhaps two mths) where app opens but stops short of displaying lists etc. Sometimes lists appear 10 minutes later perhaps an hour or two. Frigging annoying. Thinking of pulling out...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi spot been a premium member for 18 mths approx. Trouble recently ( perhaps two mths) where app opens but stops short of displaying lists etc. Sometimes lists appear 10 minutes later perhaps an ho...
  • belongilblue
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium membership app access.

I want to confirm.. If I am signed up for the 9.99 premium service per month. I can use any device, and use anywhere internationally right ?? So how can I download the android app to my phone and android media boxes, when the app is geo blocked ??? R...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to confirm.. If I am signed up for the 9.99 premium service per month.    I can use any device, and use anywhere internationally right ??    So how can I download t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No "shuffle

I have downloaded the latest version of spotify and am trying to use the new free streaming feature but I can't find out how to use shuffle mode. i've followed the instructions but there is no "shuffle mode" button where it should be.

• Regular
  • I have downloaded the latest version of spotify and am trying to use the new free streaming feature but I can't find out how to use shuffle mode. i've followed the instructions but there is no "shuff...
  • Sheugel
  • Roadie
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

asasdf

• Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes down immediately after trying to open it

Here is a little something about my problem that I sent to spotify helping team:I have had this problem for one day now and I don't know what to do. I have had spotify premium now for almost 2 months, I'm using spotify on my phone (samsung galaxy s3 ...

• Here is a little something about my problem that I sent to spotify helping team: I have had this problem for one day now and I don't know what to do. I have had spotify premium now for almost 2 mo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Browse feature missing

Hello, the browse feature on my galaxy s4 has gone missing all of a sudden. Is anyone else facing the same issue?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, the browse feature on my galaxy s4 has gone missing all of a sudden. Is anyone else facing the same issue?
  • Ruchirj
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Broswe playlist

I can not find the page with all the created playlists for every occasion (sports, mood, ect...). How do I find it?P.s. I do not speak English very well (I'm Italian). I apologize for the errors.

• I can not find the page with all the created playlists for every occasion (sports, mood, ect...). How do I find it? P.s. I do not speak English very well (I'm Italian). I apologize for the errors.
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Browse option not available on Android

Hi I don't have the Browse option available in my menu on three different devices. I have a Galaxy S3 and an iPad 2 and the Browse option isn't there. I've also just bought a Sony Xperia tab on Android and the option is also missing there. I don't be...

• Regular
  • Hi   I don't have the Browse option available in my menu on three different devices.   I have a Galaxy S3 and an iPad 2 and the Browse option isn't there. I've also just bought a So...
  • sultanaman
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Free app not working

Hello guys, So I got an e-mail saying that free users can listen in shuffle mode on their mobile devices for free now.I downloaded the app again, logged in and went to a playlist.However, the button only says 'Download' and not 'Shuffle play' like it...

• Regular
  • Hello guys, So I got an e-mail saying that free users can listen in shuffle mode on their mobile devices for free now. I downloaded the app again, logged in and went to a playlist. However, the b...
  • gie005
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify mix my files

Hi ! First, I'm sorry if my problem is not clear, but i'm french, and it seems that the only available support is in English (FYI, every one on earth doesn't speak english) I have a problem : i just encoded two albums from an artist (a live, and a re...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi !   First, I'm sorry if my problem is not clear, but i'm french, and it seems that the only available support is in English (FYI, every one on earth doesn't speak english)   I ha...
  • pierro_oh
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Be able to sync ALL tracks in your playlists.

Hello. Why is there a limit of 3333 tracks to sync on a device? I have 9000 songs in my playlist and I want to sync them all. This limit is a deal breaker for me and Spotify. What's the hookup? Please release the limit. /M

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   Why is there a limit of 3333 tracks to sync on a device? I have 9000 songs in my playlist and I want to sync them all. This limit is a deal breaker for me and Spotify. What's the ho...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline synching has stopped as there is no room left on this device

Hi team, The app is unable to synch, complains of no space although there is 28GB free on the SD card I have cleared cache, uninstalled, reboot, removed remaining Spotify directories... And upon reinstall from the Play store the problem reoccurs. How...

• Regular
  • Hi team, The app is unable to synch, complains of no space although there is 28GB free on the SD card I have cleared cache, uninstalled, reboot, removed remaining Spotify directories... And upo...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Sdcard storage muddle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Soundless Playback on 4.4.2

I own a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2. When playing via BT it often occurs that the playback keeps going, but the sound is gone. BT connection seems stable, the playback seems OK, the volume is correct, but still nothing can be heard. Does anybody ha...

• Regular
  • I own a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2.    When playing via BT it often occurs that the playback keeps going, but the sound is gone. BT connection seems stable, the playback seems OK, th...
  • Klugschwätzer
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does the last version (with spotify free) work on old devices with gingerbread?

Hi, I have the chance to buy an old phone with 2.3.6 just to use with spotify, not to use my primary phone battery. The question is: does the latest version with spotify "shuffle" free work on older Android OS? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have the chance to buy an old phone with 2.3.6 just to use with spotify, not to use my primary phone battery.   The question is: does the latest version with spotify "shuffle" free wor...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Spotify care that non-Facebook users can't share songs from android or iOS?

Empty friends list on iOS and Android apps. Have they even acknowledged this issue? Doesn't seem like it. It's like spotify can't decide if they want to be Twitter or Facebook and they are stuck inbetween with simple things like sharing not working. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Empty friends list on iOS and Android apps.     Have they even acknowledged this issue? Doesn't seem like it.       It's like spotify can't decide if they want to b...
  • brianSpotify
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound on streaming on Nexus 7 (2012)

Since a few days back, I cannot stream any music with the Android Spotify app over wi-fi with my Nexus 7 tablet. I can play downloaded songs (I have the premium service), but when I try to stream a song, there's no sound. Any idea what to do here?

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few days back, I cannot stream any music with the Android Spotify app over wi-fi with my Nexus 7 tablet. I can play downloaded songs (I have the premium service), but when I try to stream a s...
  • Joern
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Copying playlists from Android to Spotify. I’ve pulled out most of my hair….please help me to stop!

Yes, I’m going crazy trying to copy my Android playlists into Spotify. I’ve tried multiple “solutions”, and none of them worked so far. Pleeeeeease, can I get some solid advice? Here are the details. I have about 1,500 tracks/songs allocated to 14 pl...

• Yes, I’m going crazy trying to copy my Android playlists into Spotify. I’ve tried multiple “solutions”, and none of them worked so far. Pleeeeeease, can I get some solid advice?   Here are t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost starred songs

I recently reset and restored my iphone 5 to try to improve battery life, and after restoring, my spotify starred list was no longer available offline...how do I go about syncing these again?

• I recently reset and restored my iphone 5 to try to improve battery life, and after restoring, my spotify starred list was no longer available offline...how do I go about syncing these again?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound since Android (0.7.4)

I have a premium subscription, for about a year now, and as of the past few days I can't play any songs. The timing bar will move along as if the song is playing but there is no sound. I've deleted the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the app and nothi...

• Regular
  • I have a premium subscription, for about a year now, and as of the past few days I can't play any songs. The timing bar will move along as if the song is playing but there is no sound. I've deleted t...
  • svlahakos
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes