Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can you not play your 'scrobbled' songs offline?

So i just am trying the free premium trial right now to see if i want to purchase this later. The commercials made it seem like i can listen to songs offline no matter what, but my phone will not let me play the songs that I don't already own. Is thi...

• Casual Listener
  • So i just am trying the free premium trial right now to see if i want to purchase this later. The commercials made it seem like i can listen to songs offline no matter what, but my phone will not let...
  • Richard
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Help

Can someone offer me some advice, I pay for Premium but now my HTC has dropped all my playlists and my account is telling me I don't currently have a device connected. Can't seem to get any sense from Spotify itself so wondered if anyone on here can ...

• Can someone offer me some advice, I pay for Premium but now my HTC has dropped all my playlists and my account is telling me I don't currently have a device connected.   Can't seem to get any ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Android whilst on holiday abroad

I use Spotify on my anroid HTC as my MP3 player, setting playlists offline when I'm on the move as to not use lots of data. I'm going to Egypt in June and want to use Spotify whilst I'm there - if I keep Spotify offline and only listen to playlists t...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify on my anroid HTC as my MP3 player, setting playlists offline when I'm on the move as to not use lots of data.   I'm going to Egypt in June and want to use Spotify whilst I'm ther...
  • Egyptenaar
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

incomplete songs

I have been using Spotify for a while and of all the music I've listened to there's only one song that is incomplete. Try it for yourself, enter "Royksopp" (artist) into the spotify search, go down to the album "Senior" and choose the song "The Drug"...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify for a while and of all the music I've listened to there's only one song that is incomplete. Try it for yourself, enter "Royksopp" (artist) into the spotify search, go down t...
  • clive6
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Playlist won't sync

I sync playlists with local files from my computer to my phone app for offline play and they will sync and work while the cpu and phone are both on wifi. However when I close the app and reopen later they playlist are no longer synced. Help? This is ...

• Regular
  • I sync playlists with local files from my computer to my phone app for offline play and they will sync and work while the cpu and phone are both on wifi. However when I close the app and reopen later...
  • DarrenKing101
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android preview bugs

i apologize if this information has been captured elsewhere already, but i didn't find it. one major problem with the new android app: it occassionally gets into some bad state where the player is up, and it cannot be dismissed -- touching the X in t...

• Roadie
  • i apologize if this information has been captured elsewhere already, but i didn't find it.   one major problem with the new android app:   it occassionally gets into some bad state wher...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crashes as soon as going online

Hi, Recently I can't open spotify on my Galaxy S2 (ICS). It crashes straight after starting - the only way I can open it is by turning off my data, then it opens in offline mode, but as soon as I turn on my data it crashes!! Really frustrating. I've ...

• Hi,   Recently I can't open spotify on my Galaxy S2 (ICS). It crashes straight after starting - the only way I can open it is by turning off my data, then it opens in offline mode, but as soon...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Buzzing noise between tracks (HTC Wildfire - 2.3.7)

Hi guys I'm running the preview version of Spotify but I had the same issue with the last release. I get a really irritating buzzing noise both between tracks, and when the connection drops out. I have an HTC Wildfire (ironically called Buzz in the U...

• Not applicable
  • Hi guys   I'm running the preview version of Spotify but I had the same issue with the last release.   I get a really irritating buzzing noise both between tracks, and when the connecti...
  • el_Cii
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

*Itunes library doesnt show up on android mobile device????????

my itunes library shows up on my laptop but does not show up on my htc android mobile device spotify, everything else shows up and syncs just fine..or so i think? Anyone know whats going on?

• my itunes library shows up on my laptop but does not show up on my htc android mobile device spotify, everything else shows up and syncs just fine..or so i think? Anyone know whats going on?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Continuous play from Android Phone

I'm sure there has to be a way to do this that I'm missing, but I can't seem to find a way to continuously play music from my Spotify on my smartphone- I can play a single song with no problem- but I just don't see an option to play the entire playli...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm sure there has to be a way to do this that I'm missing, but I can't seem to find a way to continuously play music from my Spotify on my smartphone- I can play a single song with no problem- but I...
  • Jundymarsada
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Spotify preview for Android

I have a couple of things on the new Spotify preview to mention. Firstly: Awesome new interface, it looks great. I can't wait till this is stable. I love how you have nicely integrated into the Android 4.0 design documentation, it looks beautiful. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a couple of things on the new Spotify preview to mention.   Firstly: Awesome new interface, it looks great. I can't wait till this is stable. I love how you have nicely integrated into ...
  • YaManicKill
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

deleting songs from playlist on mobile

This is something that I have always wanted and felt would be very useful, especially since I'm trying to cut out the random songs in my 3200 song phone playlist. We are able to star, why not add a big red X to remove the song? Other than that the an...

• Casual Listener
  • This is something that I have always wanted and felt would be very useful, especially since I'm trying to cut out the random songs in my 3200 song phone playlist. We are able to star, why not add a b...
  • blakeanthony
  • Visitor
  • 16 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 11 likes

How can I shuffle?

How can I shuffle song? I don't see it in the player or in the settings.Galaxy Nexus.App is buggy to the honest, why can't you guys use the same interface as iOS?

• Casual Listener
  • How can I shuffle song? I don't see it in the player or in the settings. Galaxy Nexus. App is buggy to the honest, why can't you guys use the same interface as iOS? 
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot Listen to Local Files on my Mobile

I will try to be as detailed as possible as this has been eluding me all day and I have gone through all of the help material I can find. I have a Motorola Triumph from Android Gingerbread with Spotify Premium. I also have Windows 7 with Spotify down...

• Casual Listener
  • I will try to be as detailed as possible as this has been eluding me all day and I have gone through all of the help material I can find.   I have a Motorola Triumph from Android Gingerbread w...
  • Goodman
  • Community Manager
  • 29 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 1 likes

Music won't play?

My spotify account won't play my music on both my Windows and android. I have the free version of Spotify.When I try to play it on my Windows, I can click on the song, but it just never starts. I have re-installed the updated version of Spotify and s...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify account won't play my music on both my Windows and android. I have the free version of Spotify. When I try to play it on my Windows, I can click on the song, but it just never starts. I h...
  • madfinn
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Constantly says I'm in "offline mode" even though I'm connected to WiFi

I have Spotify Premium mainly due to the fact that I can listen to music on my phone aswell, but for the past week it has been telling me that I'm in offline mode, which won't allow me to search for songs on Spotify or transfer my updated playlists o...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium mainly due to the fact that I can listen to music on my phone aswell, but for the past week it has been telling me that I'm in offline mode, which won't allow me to search for ...
  • Richww1964
  • 39 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 11 likes

Using Spotify on 2 Android Moblies

hi there, i'm using spotify premium for my mobile devices. as i read, it's possible to synchronize spotify with 3 devices. in my case: my notebook and two mobile phones. my problem is, that IT IS NOT possible to use spotify on the mobile phones at th...

• hi there,   i'm using spotify premium for my mobile devices. as i read, it's possible to synchronize spotify with 3 devices. in my case: my notebook and two mobile phones.   my problem ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! Cant get out of offline mode!!!!!!

I have not been able to sync to my mobile for two weeks, I have been stuck in offline mode. I have connected over Wi-fi and over my Virgin Mobile Lg Optimus V Cellular network.I have restarted my phone.Checked to make sure the app was allowed to acce...

• Casual Listener
  • I have not been able to sync to my mobile for two weeks, I have been stuck in offline mode.   I have connected over Wi-fi and over my Virgin Mobile Lg Optimus V Cellular network. I have resta...
  • CBas
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't get out of offline.

Even if I have my mobile connected trough wi-fi, it still says offline mode. And no, I have not marked off for offline modus in the option. (had to forcely shut down spotify and relog to get back in "online mode")This program is becoming worse and wo...

• Music Fan
  • Even if I have my mobile connected trough wi-fi, it still says offline mode. And no, I have not marked off for offline modus in the option. (had to forcely shut down spotify and relog to get back in ...
  • alyssalgutierro
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes

Adds and faulty spotify service

Hi, In response to a serious issue that some people have already brought to your attention I must summarize it. The latest addon/change you have made is seriously compromising the usability of your service. When I as a paying customer get kicked out ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   In response to a serious issue that some people have already brought to your attention I must summarize it.   The latest addon/change you have made is seriously compromising ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes