Announcements
We’re aware of some issues right now affecting our service and are checking them out! We'll keep you posted here.

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 49 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 49 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Arstechica Mention

If only **bleep**tify would actually focus on their Android development instead of bending over to iOS http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/11/what-makes-a-good-tablet-app/2/

• Music Fan
  • If only **bleep**tify would actually focus on their Android development instead of bending over to iOS http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/11/what-makes-a-good-tablet-app/2/
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Jelly Bean

So the long awaited Google Nexus 7 tablet was announced a couple of days ago and frankly it looks like a steal. My finger is hovering over the take my money now button but the one thing holding me back is whether Spotify will work with Jelly Bean (An...

• Regular
  • So the long awaited Google Nexus 7 tablet was announced a couple of days ago and frankly it looks like a steal. My finger is hovering over the take my money now button but the one thing holding me ba...
  • timmmmy
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify App can't switch between 3g and 4g? (Sprint, Boston)

I've noticed when I enter a 4g area in Boston spotify won't load the next song. It will continue to play which ever song it was playing in the 3g area, but it won't go on to the next song if i'm in a 4g area. Sometimes it pauses for about 60 seconds,...

• Visitor
  • I've noticed when I enter a 4g area in Boston spotify won't load the next song. It will continue to play which ever song it was playing in the 3g area, but it won't go on to the next song if i'm in a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't find existing Internet connection.

Hi! So I have some problems with Spotify in my Galaxy S II (Android version 4.0.4). 1. When I tried to log in to Spotify earlier today with my phone it was impossible. I tried like 10 times. I cleared the program data and tried again, I deleted Spoti...

• Regular
  • Hi!   So I have some problems with Spotify in my Galaxy S II (Android version 4.0.4).   1.  When I tried to log in to Spotify earlier today with my phone it was impossible. I t...
  • -JK-
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify mobile stops working after adding playlists on PC

I think this bug is relatet to, or maybe the cause of the "No Internet connection available" message. I've tried a few times now over the last weeks, and this is what happens every time. After deleting the Spotify app, restartet the phone, downloaded...

• Music Fan
  • I think this bug is relatet to, or maybe the cause of the " No Internet connection available" message.   I've tried a few times now over the last weeks, and this is what happens every ti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Logs me out after it forces facebook login

Droid Razr Maxx. For some reason all of the sudden I was loged out of spotify on my phone. I login. Normal after that, my playlists are there and it will play the music....then a few seconds later it prompts me to enter facebook login info. So I do. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Droid Razr Maxx. For some reason all of the sudden I was loged out of spotify on my phone. I login. Normal after that, my playlists are there and it will play the music....then a few seconds later ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs are greyed out

HiI use spotify on my Galaxy Tab 10.1,but I have a problem. It says it is connected with wifi, but all songs are greyed out.So, I can't listen to anythinh but my local song...Anybody who knows something about this issue?Thanks

• Hi I use spotify on my Galaxy Tab 10.1,but I have a problem. It says it is connected with wifi, but all songs are greyed out. So, I can't listen to anythinh but my local song... Anybody who kn...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont recognize premium on android

i recently got premium and for some reason it wont recognize it on my samsung s 3. it recognizes it on my desktop just not on my phone. any help?

• i recently got premium and for some reason it wont recognize it on my samsung s 3.   it recognizes it on my desktop just not on my phone.   any help?
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Constantly downloading songs each time

So this started happening a few weeks ago on my phone where my newer set of songs would always redownload/sync whenever i would open the app. i would think that syncing once even over wifi would have solved this sync problem, but it hasn't. its reall...

• So this started happening a few weeks ago on my phone where my newer set of songs would always redownload/sync whenever i would open the app. i would think that syncing once even over wifi would have...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with downloading playlists

I have two problems with downloading my playlists for offline usage1: not all playlists are downloaded completely. Some are, some won't . They keep getting stuck at a certain percentage (say, 12%), and won't continue downloading (no icon appearing in...

• Roadie
  • I have two problems with downloading my playlists for offline usage 1: not all playlists are downloaded completely. Some are, some won't . They keep getting stuck at a certain percentage (say, 1...
  • pigwink
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Galaxy SIII does not show up under devices

Heya! Had Spotify for a few years now, and this is my first real problem! Today, spotify refuses to show up under devices. This goes on WiFi alone, and with WiFi and USB cable connected at the same time. Tried deleting the app, reinstalling, rebootin...

• Casual Listener
  • Heya!   Had Spotify for a few years now, and this is my first real problem!   Today, spotify refuses to show up under devices. This goes on WiFi alone, and with WiFi and USB cable...
  • natron
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

download on android same as offline mode on pc?

Hi, Do I have to use the download button to get the files in offline mode on my andriod phone? No extra cost?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Do I have to use the download button to get the files in offline mode on my andriod phone? No extra cost?  
  • lglinstad
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

local files wont sync to android

i'm getting really frustrating because my local files wont sync to my android phone!and another problem, my andoid wont show in devices on spotify.i need help fast!

• Casual Listener
  • i'm getting really frustrating because my local files wont sync to my android phone! and another problem, my andoid wont show in devices on spotify. i need help fast! 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Statistic on facebook almost gone !

The statistic over what I listen to is almost gone on facebook. I have alway been able to see a detailed statistic on facebook, but now most of the statistic is gone. How can I get this back on my timeline ?

• Music Fan
  • The statistic over what I listen to is almost gone on facebook.    I have alway been able to see a detailed statistic on facebook, but now most of the statistic is gone. How can I get t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify app not working on my htc one v

I just installed spotify on my new HTC One V. The downloading and installing went well, but when I open the app nothing happens. The screen goes black for one second and then it returns back to the screen from which I clicked on the spotify app. I ha...

• I just installed spotify on my new HTC One V. The downloading and installing went well, but when I open the app nothing happens. The screen goes black for one second and then it returns back to the s...
  • FreddeUmea
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant logg in Samsung Galaxy Note

I cant logg in!!! When I logg in it jumpes straight back to logg in! I can se my page, but only for a second, and the it jumpes back to sighn-in! Waht to do? I have reinstalled the app, but no... Greatefull for an answer

• I cant logg in!!!   When I logg in it jumpes straight back to logg in! I can se my page, but only for a second, and the it jumpes back to sighn-in!   Waht to do?   I have r...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download music from computer to mobile is failing..

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem that I have on my phone.. I downloaded some music from youtube in a mp3 file, that have worked plenty of times after putting them over to spotify.. I just tried to put 5 new songs from my compute...

• Casual Listener
  • I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem that I have on my phone.. I downloaded some music from youtube in a mp3 file, that have worked plenty of times after putting them over to spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot sync local files to HTC

Hello, I'm using Spotify on Windows and on my HTC android. Until recently, I was able to sync local files from my PC to my droid by connecting them to the same network. However, the desktop client recently stopped recognizing local files at all, and ...

• Regular
  • Hello, I'm using Spotify on Windows and on my HTC android. Until recently, I was able to sync local files from my PC to my droid by connecting them to the same network. However, the desktop client ...
  • SirCmpwn
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change the 3D-Effect and Bass at the Android Equalizer

Hi guys! I just had to reinstall my spotify app on my 4.0.3 android device. I wanted to readjust my equalizer settings but somehow can't access the 3D and Bass-effect anymore. As you can see in the screenshot those options are greyed out: Tried resta...

Screenshot_2012-11-08-23-51-57.png
  • Community Legend
  • Hi guys!   I just had to reinstall my spotify app on my 4.0.3 android device. I wanted to readjust my equalizer settings but somehow can't access the 3D and Bass-effect anymore. As you c...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist renaming bug

While renaming a playlist; if currently playing song finishes, playlist name is abruptly restored to the original, removing any of the unsaved edits the user has done to the playlist name.. The same thing happens when the spotify switches from online...

• Regular
  • While renaming a playlist; if currently playing song finishes, playlist name is abruptly restored to the original, removing any of the unsaved edits the user has done to the playlist name.. &nbsp...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes