Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

android app

hi, my spotify app on android is terrible. It doesn't search EVER for ANYTHING! It constantly won't play my playlists even though I have offlined them all and then it often decides to delete all my offline playlists so I suddently can't play anything...

• Casual Listener
  • hi,   my spotify app on android is terrible. It doesn't search EVER for ANYTHING! It constantly won't play my playlists even though I have offlined them all and then it often decides to dele...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Radio on Galaxy s4 stops playing after phone screen turns off

Everytime the screen turns off, the radio will discontinue after a minute or two. It makes absolutely no sense if you want to tune into a radio station while you're doing other things. The only way to keep it playing is to have your phone perpetually...

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime the screen turns off, the radio will discontinue after a minute or two. It makes absolutely no sense if you want to tune into a radio station while you're doing other things. The only way t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Using a "public" internet spot to put music on phone?

I have an HTC One and I wanted to put some songs that I had downloaded (because they are remixes that are not on Spotify) onto my phone. Well, before I came to college, I would just get the devices on the same wi-fi and it would show up in devices. H...

• I have an HTC One and I wanted to put some songs that I had downloaded (because they are remixes that are not on Spotify) onto my phone.  Well, before I came to college, I would just get the dev...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android can't connect to Facebook first time use

I just got spotify premium and I am try to connect my android device to facebook but when I click on the link to do so if says the address cannot be found. My phone has internet and I can go to other sites.

• I just got spotify premium and I am try to connect my android device to facebook but when I click on the link to do so if says the address cannot be found. My phone has internet and I can go to other...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Kudos to premium support staff and lingering issues: cache, downloaded playlists

About a month ago I submitted a support ticket for problems with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S III running Android 4.1.2. The worst issue was the constant buffering and stop/starting during playback. I have nothing but praise to the premium support ...

• Music Fan
  • About a month ago I submitted a support ticket for problems with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S III running Android 4.1.2. The worst issue was the constant buffering and stop/starting during playback...
  • Egidio
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Troubleshooting Spotify

Just upgraded to Premium and attempted to install the Spotify app for Android on my Samsung Galaxy Sll. Device was recognised by the installation app but could not install on the phone. Phone notification reads - Error while downloading "Spotify" - "...

• Just upgraded to Premium and attempted to install the Spotify app for Android on my Samsung Galaxy Sll.  Device was recognised by the installation app but could not install on the phone.  P...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist download getting stuck on songs

This is new for me. It was reported previously on the iOS forum but has not been reported as an Android issue, and was not happening to me until very recently. Last night, as I do most Monday nights, I created my new playlist of new songs for the wee...

• Roadie
  • This is new for me. It was reported previously on the iOS forum but has not been reported as an Android issue, and was not happening to me until very recently.   Last night, as I do most Mon...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify keeps on pausing when screen is off.

when i play music on my galaxy tab2 or even my s4 via bluetooth to my stereo,spotify puases the music when the screen goes of on my androids. even when i change the volym the music stops.

• Casual Listener
  • when i play music on my galaxy tab2 or even my s4 via bluetooth to my stereo,spotify puases the music when the screen goes of on my androids. even when i change the volym the music stops. 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

imported iTunes playlists "The track is not available"

I upgraded phones to the Samsung Galaxy S4 (running Android 4.2.2 and Spotify version 0.6.6.270) and ever since I've upgraded, all my iTunes playlists are broken. Every track in each playlist is grayed out and I receive an error of "The track is not ...

• Casual Listener
  • I upgraded phones to the Samsung Galaxy S4 (running Android 4.2.2 and Spotify version 0.6.6.270) and ever since I've upgraded, all my iTunes playlists are broken. Every track in each playlist is gray...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio pausing with bluetooth and Google Maps - Galaxy S4

Its hard to explain but heres the annoyance I've been running into. Using Spotify with bluetooth on either my home stereo system or my car blue tooth, both play fine and I do not experience any issues with bluetooth. However, using a navagation app w...

• Regular
  • Its hard to explain but heres the annoyance I've been running into. Using Spotify with bluetooth on either my home stereo system or my car blue tooth, both play fine and I do not experience any issue...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Private Session control will be tedious

In general, I love the new Android app, but I wanted to confirm something. Let me know if I've misunderstood this. From Settings... Private Session OFF/ONDon't share to others what you're listening to. Private session lasts until you've been inactive...

privatesession.png
  • In general, I love the new Android app, but I wanted to confirm something.  Let me know if I've misunderstood this.  From Settings...       Private Session  OFF/...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 16 likes

Skipping track fails when connected to car via bluetooth

When I play music on Spotify while connected to my car via bluetooth, music plays fine if I do not touch anything and let each song play til the end. But let's say I have a playlist with songs 1, 2, and 3. I'm playing song 1 and hit "next" to skip to...

• Visitor
  • When I play music on Spotify while connected to my car via bluetooth, music plays fine if I do not touch anything and let each song play til the end.   But let's say I have a playlist with s...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2.3 CM7 no sound on certain songs

I am not getting any sound on certain songs on my Desire Z. Funny thing is, I have tried MIUI, CyanogenMod and Virtous, same thing, even deleted the local files on my phone, and re-synced from my laptop where I can play them. Trying to find a friend ...

• Regular
  • I am not getting any sound on certain songs on my Desire Z. Funny thing is, I have tried MIUI, CyanogenMod and Virtous, same thing, even deleted the local files on my phone, and re-synced from my lap...
  • JakkeJakobsen
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't recognize android phone over wifi!

Hey there, I am in college and we use enterprise encryption... even though that both of my PC and andorid (Sony Xperia Ion) are connected to the same wifi, my pc client won't "see" my android... is there a work-around so I can get my local files on t...

• Hey there,    I am in college and we use enterprise encryption... even though that both of my PC and andorid (Sony Xperia Ion) are connected to the same wifi, my pc client won't "see" my ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

When resuming a track, the track is repeated afterwards

Hi, I am experiencing an issue which I think only is occuring since the last update from Play Store. Scenario: I am playing a song on my device (LG Optimus 4X HD on Android 4.0.3) that has been synced offline. Then I pause the song / unplug my head p...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I am experiencing an issue which I think only is occuring since the last update from Play Store.   Scenario: I am playing a song on my device (LG Optimus 4X HD on Android 4....
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Play
    repeat
    resume
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify doesnt arange songs according popularity

Since the latest patch my phone wont arrange/find the songs i want. I.e. searching under pressure me and my friends cant even find the queen version although it should be on top. Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • Since the latest patch my phone wont arrange/find the songs i want. I.e. searching under pressure me and my friends cant even find the queen version although it should be on top. Please help!
  • Esamattihein
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync without WLAN

Hello Community, I am the enthusiastic user of a 30 days permium trial version. I want to hear the music on my LG smartphone but I have no WLAN available. What can I do? Kinds regard Felix

• Hello Community,   I am the enthusiastic user of a 30 days permium trial version.   I want to hear the music on my LG smartphone but I have no WLAN available. What can I do? &nbsp...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not available for play (Grayed out)

I have been away for the last week, and added a song to one of my playlist - https://play.spotify.com/track/0hv6ku4431kPrjbpBBspw3?utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open but this morning I opend the playlist up, and the song and only this one is...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been away for the last week, and added a song to one of my playlist - https://play.spotify.com/track/0hv6ku4431kPrjbpBBspw3?utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open but this m...
  • Moralizing
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue management is so broken (reorder queue)

How is this possible? I just signed up for a free trial of premium to use Spotify on my mobile. I've been a Google Play Music premium subscriber, but a little dissappointed in the content compared to Spotify. To my surprise, the Spotify app is horrif...

• How is this possible? I just signed up for a free trial of premium to use Spotify on my mobile. I've been a Google Play Music premium subscriber, but a little dissappointed in the content compared to...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Mobile phone will not sync to desktop application for local files

Hello, I am relatively new to the Spotify Premium community as I just upgraded from my free account last month. I wanted to load my Korean pop music (mostly unavailable on Spotify) so I can have it on the go anywhere and anytime. I'm running into the...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ontinuing membership)   As you can see, I am all out of options now. I do have a hunch in that this could be related to the wifi I am using (I attend a college and use a public wifi).   I...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes