Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy Note 3 Android - thinks I'm outside UK

Hi, Just changed to a Galaxy Note 3 and installed Spotify. The app thinks I'm outside the UK, but I'm not. Any idea why the app thinks this? My language setting on the phone is English too.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Just changed to a Galaxy Note 3 and installed Spotify. The app thinks I'm outside the UK, but I'm not. Any idea why the app thinks this? My language setting on the phone is English too.
  • rsccford
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Folder playback loses song and position when resuming after a while

I have an "All Music" folder with all my playlists in it that I use to listen to all my songs on shuffle. However, I've noticed that in the Android app, when I resume playback after an hour or two, it loses my position in the playlist and only the so...

• Regular
  • I have an "All Music" folder with all my playlists in it that I use to listen to all my songs on shuffle. However, I've noticed that in the Android app, when I resume playback after an hour or two, i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlists deleted and login lost

How come my HTC one first lost all downloaded playlists over night and then lost it's login? Is that a bug? It's really annoying that I now have to download everything again... I only use spotify for about 3-4 weeks and I haven't done anything to my ...

• Casual Listener
  • How come my HTC one first lost all downloaded playlists over night and then lost it's login? Is that a bug? It's really annoying that I now have to download everything again... I only use spoti...
  • julben
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No Conecta Dispositivo Wifi NOTE 3

Hola. Tengo Windows 8.1 Enterprise y un Samsung Galaxy Note 3. He intentado instalando y desinstalando, sincronizar las playlist offline con el móvil para que se descarguen y no va. Estoy conectado a la misma red wifi los dos sistemas y no descarga l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola. Tengo Windows 8.1 Enterprise y un Samsung Galaxy Note 3.   He intentado instalando y desinstalando, sincronizar las playlist offline con el móvil para que se descarguen y no va. &nbs...
  • chakal_84
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

what i am listening to is not shown on facebook

hi. whenever i use the desktop player or my mobile player, what i am listenning to doesn't appear on facebook. however, if i use the web player it seems to work. everything was working fine till last week after i updated.i have also tried disconnecti...

• hi. whenever i use the desktop player or my mobile player, what i am listenning to doesn't appear on facebook. however, if i use the web player it seems to work. everything was working fine till last...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I search public playlists?!

Hello, it seems to me, that searching for playlists is not possible at the moment, you only see artists, album and songs, but not playlists. Is this a planned feature in future releases or is it just a perfectly hidden feature in the current release?...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, it seems to me, that searching for playlists is not possible at the moment, you only see artists, album and songs, but not playlists. Is this a planned feature in future releases or is it ...
  • Osyx
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android 4.4] Taking a photo breaks headphone output

I've found another bug on the new Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 KitKat: If you take a photo while listening to spotify with your headphones, the Spotify audio output switches to the internal speaker. You have to stop the song, plug headphones out and back...

• Roadie
  • I've found another bug on the new Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 KitKat:  If you take a photo while listening to spotify with your headphones, the Spotify audio output switches to the internal ...
  • Osyx
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Library Feature - Browse by Arist, Album, etc.

Does anybody else find it astonishing that there is no way to browse through your entire collection (starred) by artist or album alphabetically (i.e. library mode)? This has been a basic feature ever since day one of iPods / MP3 players yet seems to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Does anybody else find it astonishing that there is no way to browse through your entire collection (starred) by artist or album alphabetically (i.e. library mode)?  This has been a basic featur...
  • Osyx
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Problems synchronizing local files to android

After updating to the latest version of the app I can not synchronize all of my local files to my android phone. All Local files are mp3 format so I have no clue way some are synchronized while others aren't? I've tried deleting the cache and redownl...

• Regular
  • After updating to the latest version of the app I can not synchronize all of my local files to my android phone. All Local files are mp3 format so I have no clue way some are synchronized while other...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Online with offline list

Hi, Just wondering if there´s any chance that Spotify can simultaneously work online with an offline list. I mean, that I can keep it online with a dowloaded list and that the app wouldn´t charge me for any data for the downloaded tracks. It would be...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Just wondering if there´s any chance that Spotify can simultaneously work online with an offline list. I mean, that I can keep it online with a dowloaded list and that the app woul...
  • mandylions
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • inbox
    Offline Access
    Spotify Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playlist and play queue order

Is there any way to change the order of my songs? I used to have google play music and one nice thing about them is that they have the option to drag and change the order of the play queue so you can listen to what you want in the order you want. Doe...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there any way to change the order of my songs? I used to have google play music and one nice thing about them is that they have the option to drag and change the order of the play queue so you can...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify & Pioneer

I have a Pioneer XW-SMA1 and a Sony xperia Z I can not connect the 2 for wireless playback through Spotify. I also have the same problem from Spotify and my Mac to the Pioneer. Help!

• I have a Pioneer XW-SMA1 and a Sony xperia Z I can not connect the 2 for wireless playback through Spotify. I also have the same problem from Spotify and my Mac to the Pioneer. Help!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot share to Spotify friends - Galaxy Note 2

Using Spotify on my phone, my Spotify friends do not appear when I try and share a song or playlist, but they show up just fine on my PC.

• Casual Listener
  • Using Spotify on my phone, my Spotify friends do not appear when I try and share a song or playlist, but they show up just fine on my PC.
  • Icynova84
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Imported MP3 files, extreme low volume.

Hi, I imported some Mp3 files on my computer, and when I added them to a playlist and downloaded these playlists on my android phone. The volume and quality of these imported songs turned out to be really low compared with non imported songs. And i a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I imported some Mp3 files on my computer, and when I added them to a playlist and downloaded these playlists on my android phone. The volume and quality of these imported songs turned ...
  • emiel89
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Removes my downloaded Playlists

Hey ive had a Motorola Razr and now switched to a Samsung Galaxy S4 i also synchronized my playlists on my computer..now i cant synchronize my playlists with my s4, when i do it sometimes crashes and says "You synchronized offline with more than 3 de...

• Hey ive had a Motorola Razr and now switched to a Samsung Galaxy S4 i also synchronized my playlists on my computer.. now i cant synchronize my playlists with my s4, when i do it sometimes crashes a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone signal doesn't starts when using headphones.

Hi I wonder about why I can't hear my signal when I using headphones when someones calls and I listening to Spotify. The problem is that music doesn't stops. The function is there when not using headphones and only the phone speakers. Also works with...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I wonder about why I can't hear my signal when I using headphones when someones calls and I listening to Spotify. The problem is that music doesn't stops. The function is there when not...
  • Bergq
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not sync playlists to my Samsung s3

Ill try my best to explain my problem.Just joined premium. My phone (Samsung s3) is showing up as a device on my laptop. I tried to synce all playlist and on all my playlists it either says only local files synced or pending and I cant do anything?I ...

• Ill try my best to explain my problem. Just joined premium. My phone (Samsung s3) is showing up as a device on my laptop. I tried to synce all playlist and on all my playlists it either says only ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mobile App (Premium account, created with Facebook account) Not posting to Facebook

Samsung Galaxy S4; Android 4.3; Spotify Version 0.7.2.402-g40e8dcb4 Device memory has 7.21GB available (of 16GB Total); SD card has 49.28GB available (of 58.53GB Total) My preferences in the Spotify Mobile App AND on all desktop (2 PCs - one Windows ...

• Regular
  • ...roadcast to other apps. Private session not turned on.   But when I play music on the mobile app, it does not share to my facebook. It also doesn't show when I add songs to (public!) playlists, s...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Mobile Not Working

Spotify suddenly stopped working when my android is connected to my carrier. It only works when I'm connected to wifi. I've done everything including reinstalling Spotify several times. I've had spotify premium for two years and i will cancel my subs...

• Regular
  • Spotify suddenly stopped working when my android is connected to my carrier. It only works when I'm connected to wifi. I've done everything including reinstalling Spotify several times. I've had sp...
  • tuomashki
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

[HTC Wildfire S]Uneven playback with downloaded tracks

Dear Spotify CommunityI have been the using Spotify for a couple of months on my Android phone (HTC Wildfire S) without problemOver the last week I have been experiencing sound problems with downloaded playlists. The content is uneven or stutters. It...

• Dear Spotify Community I have been the using Spotify for a couple of months on my Android phone (HTC Wildfire S) without problem Over the last week I have been experiencing sound problems with do...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes