Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify en el coche

Hola! Tengo Spotify Premium e intento conectar el móbil en el coche, con cable USB y /o con Bluetooth, pero no se escucha la música. Tengo un Samsung Galaxy Mini y un Nissan Qashqai. Si alguien sabe como puedo hacer para escuchar el Spotify en el coc...

• Hola! Tengo Spotify Premium e intento conectar el móbil en el coche, con cable USB y /o con Bluetooth, pero no se escucha la música. Tengo un Samsung Galaxy Mini y un Nissan Qashqai. Si alguien sabe ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Skips on S3

Recently I've had many issues with song audio "Skipping" ( much like a scratched CD would sound). I have full 4G service and Spotify is the only app running on my phone so there should be no issues from a Hardware or Network angle. Also, other stream...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently I've had many issues with song audio "Skipping" ( much like a scratched CD would sound).   I have full 4G service and Spotify is the only app running on my phone so there should be ...
  • BEmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working Xperia T jellybean

Have had xperia T for a few weeks now. Spotify (I'm a premium user) has been 'problematic' let's say since I got the new phone (had no probs on old phone). It starts itself when I boot up the phone (I can't work out how to stop this). More importantl...

• Have had xperia T for a few weeks now. Spotify (I'm a premium user) has been 'problematic' let's say since I got the new phone (had no probs on old phone). It starts itself when I boot up the phone (...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The track is not available

Hey I am having issues with 4 songs of a playlist on my phone. I recently added these songs to a playlist that I set on "download" all other songs were downloaded correctly and I can listen to them but the download just doesn't start for this 4 songs...

• Hey I am having issues with 4 songs of a playlist on my phone. I recently added these songs to a playlist that I set on "download" all other songs were downloaded correctly and I can listen to them b...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

uploading files from desktop that can be listened to on mobile

hi guys this subject has been exhaustively covered before (tens thousands views), i am not the first nor the last it seems... I seriously consider to shift all my playlists from spotify into a competitor's platform because they do it and spotify is n...

• ...ight issues here (in case for example i would put a mp3 from ACDC) in a public playlist. but the other "big" platform like spotify does it, and for me it is a big differentiator on top that this p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't resume properly

Having a problem with current android app version where when I pause playback, go into work, then try to resume later after work Spotify fails to reload properly. I end up with just the last playing track showing, but the forward/back buttons are gre...

• Gig Goer
  • Having a problem with current android app version where when I pause playback, go into work, then try to resume later after work Spotify fails to reload properly. I end up with just the last playing ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm going on holiday and want to scrobble.

Hi there.Next week I'm going on holiday to Greece for two weeks (I live in the Netherlands). When I will be there I will listen to lots of music too, via my Spotify app on my Android device. The problem is, I won't have internet.. Yes I will have, bu...

• Hi there. Next week I'm going on holiday to Greece for two weeks (I live in the Netherlands). When I will be there I will listen to lots of music too, via my Spotify app on my Android device. The ...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

I accidentally hit Thumbs Down button and want to change that to Thumbs Up any way to change this? I can see post about this that is 1 year old, but no solution. So any news on this? /Lars

• I accidentally hit Thumbs Down button and want to change that to Thumbs Up any way to change this?   I can see post about this that is 1 year old, but no solution. So any news on this? &nb...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Folders Rendered Worthless Thanks to Flat DOWNLOADED Section

I've waited so long for playlist folders on Android, and now that they're finally here I unfortunately seem to have a fundamental problem with them. Here's an example to show what I mean. Say I want to listen to my playlist called Jer's Party Playlis...

• Community Legend
  • I've waited so long for playlist folders on Android, and now that they're finally here I unfortunately seem to have a fundamental problem with them. Here's an example to show what I mean.   ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes

No "Available offline" tab

I have a Samsung galaxy s2, and I can´t listen to music in offline mode. I can´t even download the playlist to offline mode. According to all the other android phones nad internet sites there should be a "tab to press" that sais "available in offline...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung galaxy s2, and I can´t listen to music in offline mode. I can´t even download the playlist to offline mode. According to all the other android phones nad internet sites there should ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Crackling Over Bluetooth

I play Spotify in my Ford Focus via bluetooth and I notice that the audio has minor crackling and popping in spots. I download the playlist software in 320 kbs. I don't notice the audio issue when streaming other apps like podcasts and I've tried usi...

• I play Spotify in my Ford Focus via bluetooth and I notice that the audio has minor crackling and popping in spots. I download the playlist software in 320 kbs. I don't notice the audio issue whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • audio quality
    bluetooth
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

premium is not working on galaxy s3

I recently bought premium on my phone. It doesn't show that I have premium yet. How long does this take?!?! I even tried uninstalling, and installing it again. Please help

• I recently bought premium on my phone. It doesn't show that I have premium yet. How long does this take?!?! I even tried uninstalling, and installing it again. Please help
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pc transfer to SD card

HiI am fairly new to spotify. Is there any way to transfer playlists from my pc to an sd card so that I can play the tracks through my car?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I am fairly new to spotify. Is there any way to transfer playlists from my pc to an sd card so that I can play the tracks through my car? Thanks
  • Loweys4411
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

help with bypassing facebook to get to spotify

Hello all, I am in desperate need of help! I'm really enjoying my spotify experience thus far. Unfortunately, I am currently only able to access my spotify account through facebook. I'd like to bypass all the facebook login as I am deactivating the f...

• Hello all,   I am in desperate need of help! I'm really enjoying my spotify experience thus far.  Unfortunately, I am currently only able to access my  spotify account through...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen to music and playlists from internal and external playlist at the same time

Is there a way to listen to music from both my internal and external device without having to switch from internal to external sd cards.And can I listen to certain playlists while using my internal device, and also listen to it when using my external...

• Visitor
  • Is there a way to listen to music from both my internal and external device without having to switch from internal to external sd cards.And can I listen to certain playlists while using my ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Device don't appear under "Devices", Local files won't sync

I have an Android phone and I'm trying to sync my computer playlist to my phone. I looked in the forums and I don't understand the discussion about entering numbers in the router. That might be my issue but I don't know what to do with the router. Pl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Android phone and I'm trying to sync my computer playlist to my phone. I looked in the forums and I don't understand the discussion about entering numbers in the router. That might be my is...
  • TheBro
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Syncronize Mac-Android

Hi, I have a premium account but I can't syncronize spotify with my android mobile. When I try to enter on the phone with my account (in Italy), the mobile says "You tried the access from another country", Spotify doesn't start, and my wifi goes craz...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a premium account but I can't syncronize spotify with my android mobile. When I try to enter on the phone with my account (in Italy), the mobile says "You tried the access from another c...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Still syncing playlists while in 3G network with "Download over 2G/3G" option set to OFF

Spotify version 0.5.1.15.g81977995 Samsung Galaxy SII with Andriod 4.0.3 Just did some changes to my credit card details to get premium once again (lost when changing card). When I logged on to Spotify with my Galaxy SII the app recognized that I had...

• Spotify version 0.5.1.15.g81977995 Samsung Galaxy SII with Andriod 4.0.3   Just did some changes to my credit card details to get premium once again (lost when changing card). When I logge...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify music pauses for each system sound alert

I find myself listening to Spotify in the car (AUX) almost all the time. What I recently started noticing is that the music pauses for each system sound alert. I attempted to switching the phone to Vibrate, Silent, the same outcome for both. I'm not ...

• Regular
  • I find myself listening to Spotify in the car (AUX) almost all the time. What I recently started noticing is that the music pauses for each system sound alert. I attempted to switching the phone to V...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to get spotify

Okay, so recentley my spotify hasn't been downloading the rest of the songs on my starred playlist. So I looked around the forum and tried a solution where I deleted the cache and uninstalled spotify and restarted my phone. Here is where the new prob...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, so recentley my spotify hasn't been downloading the rest of the songs on my starred playlist. So I looked around the forum and tried a solution where I deleted the cache and uninstalled spotify...
  • stanhort
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes