Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and my HTC Evo 4g

after I did a system reset on my Evo, Spotify has stopped working. The app will open to the log in page, I put my info in, it goes to the spotify screen and says "playlists arent't available in offline mode" then shuts itself down. I'm wondering if t...

• Casual Listener
  • after I did a system reset on my Evo, Spotify has stopped working. The app will open to the log in page, I put my info in, it goes to the spotify screen and says "playlists arent't available in offli...
  • dnewhardt
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No 'Radio' Option for Spotify Mobile?

one of my favorite things to do (especially at work) is to listen to spotify, however i dont always have time to pull out my phone and find the song i wanna listen to. Which is why i love the randomness of pandora (for that ONE reason only)im paying ...

• Casual Listener
  • one of my favorite things to do (especially at work) is to listen to spotify, however i dont always have time to pull out my phone and find the song i wanna listen to. Which is why i love the randomn...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Premium Account - Offline Cached files no longer available!

Hi - I have a T-Mobile Samsung T989 Galaxy S II with Gingerbread 2.3.6 and a premium account. I use spotify daily on this device and almost always use my cached files and occasionally stream. This morning I opened the app and all my offline cached fi...

• Hi -   I have a T-Mobile Samsung T989 Galaxy S II with Gingerbread 2.3.6 and a premium account.   I use spotify daily on this device and almost always use my cached files and occasional...
  • divinelyplaced
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not showing on my phone

I have purchased Spotify Premium but the playlists that friends have sent me, which I see in my Inbox on my computer, do not show up on my phone. Any suggestions?

• I have purchased Spotify Premium but the playlists that friends have sent me, which I see in my Inbox on my computer, do not show up on my phone.  Any suggestions? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with Premium on Mobile

Iv got Spotify Premium but for some reason on my Andriod it says my thirty day trial of having offline playlists is expired...but I pay for premium...any ideas!? ThanksAsh

• Iv got Spotify Premium but for some reason on my Andriod it says my thirty day trial of having offline playlists is expired...but I pay for premium...any ideas!? Thanks Ash
  • thkkr
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback pausing mid-playlist due to track time over-running?

Occasionally playback of a synced playlist on my Galaxy Nexus stops at the end of a track (not the end of a playlist) rather than progressing to the next track. I've noticed that when this happens the current playback time indicator is always 2+ seco...

• Casual Listener
  • Occasionally playback of a synced playlist on my Galaxy Nexus stops at the end of a track (not the end of a playlist) rather than progressing to the next track.   I've noticed that when this h...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Freezes

I have been receiving pretty good service from Spotify, but recently noticed the app freezes when I am scrolling through the playlist every so often. If I wait about 15 seconds, it unfreezes and allows me to proceed. Once in while I get an error mess...

• Regular
  • I have been receiving pretty good service from Spotify, but recently noticed the app freezes when I am scrolling through the playlist every so often.  If I wait about 15 seconds, it unfreezes an...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Support

I don't think I'm alone here when I say I am saddened by Spotify's level of customer service. Yes, you have fine staff who write and communicate on the boards, albeit they don't (from what I've seen) tend to have much to say for support beyond: clear...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't think I'm alone here when I say I am saddened by Spotify's level of customer service. Yes, you have fine staff who write and communicate on the boards, albeit they don't (from what I've seen)...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Add files to playlist makes Spotify crash

Each time I add files to a playlist on my HTC Desire 2.3.3 Spotify crashes. This is very annoying. Who has the solution? Thanx!

• Each time I add files to a playlist on my HTC Desire 2.3.3 Spotify crashes. This is very annoying. Who has the solution? Thanx!
  • jayysenn
  • Casual Listener
  • 31 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify crashes with Amazon mp3s

Spotify Android app crashes every time I try and play a track that I've previously purchased through the amazon mp3 store. It plays all my other music files, but falls over EVERY single time I try and play a track that's been bought through Amazon. M...

• Spotify Android app crashes every time I try and play a track that I've previously purchased through the amazon mp3 store.    It plays all my other music files, but falls over EVERY singl...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Charge froze, delete Spotify, won't reinstall

Charge froze when searching, "do you want to wait"Uninstalled Spotify now will not reinstall on 4G or wifi

• Casual Listener
  • Charge froze when searching, "do you want to wait" Uninstalled Spotify now will not reinstall on 4G or wifi  
  • mwproto
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Device Support Roadmap?

Hello, I totally understand that Spotify cannot commit to supporting every iteration and version of Android under the sun. Especially when those versions of the OS are used on such varied types of devices. However, as a Premium customer of a product ...

• Hello,   I totally understand that  Spotify  cannot commit to supporting every iteration and version of Android under the sun. Especially when those versions of the OS are used on su...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album cover popup

Is there a way to turn off this album cover popup when changing track... Very annoying...

• Is there a way to turn off this album cover popup when changing track... Very annoying...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Something wrong with my mobile account

Hey! I have premium, but I suddenly can't play my songs offline! I use my phone every day or music so this is a major problem! Please help

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I have premium, but I suddenly can't play my songs offline! I use my phone every day or music so this is a major problem! Please help 😞
  • Frank
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android Crashing and Freezing on Desire HD

Spotify randomly crashes. Streaming or local, UI active or not seems irrelevant. If I restart the app after the crash it does not remember what song or playlist was playing. Spotify randomly freezes the UI for 5-30 seconds (music keeps playing), usua...

• Spotify randomly crashes. Streaming or local, UI active or not seems irrelevant. If I restart the app after the crash it does not remember what song or playlist was playing.    Spotify ra...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crashes after I star a song

Other people are probably having this problem, maybe not (I'm too lazy to look at other threads for this issue) but Spotify crashes about 5 seconds after I star a song. Anybody else?

• Regular
  • Other people are probably having this problem, maybe not (I'm too lazy to look at other threads for this issue) but Spotify crashes about 5 seconds after I star a song. Anybody else?
  • sunburntkamel
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app ceeps crashing

Hello I've been using spotify on mobile for a wile. But resently the app found out that it would crash every singel time i go online. and i mean everytme! wich means that the app aint working at all! cause i have to go inline every time i start the a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I've been using spotify on mobile for a wile. But resently the app found out that it would crash every singel time i go online. and i mean everytme! wich means that the app aint workin...
  • DroidKnows
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lossless Files

I have some lossless files that I have imported to Spotify. I have synced these files to my phone (HTC Desire S) for offline playing but when I try to play one the Spotify app closes. Is it possible to play lossless audio files via the mobile Android...

• Casual Listener
  • I have some lossless files that I have imported to Spotify.  I have synced these files to my phone (HTC Desire S) for offline playing but when I try to play one the Spotify app closes. &nb...
  • Memarkiam
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

WiFi Sync causing phone to crash

Hello, I have a Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860), Running CyanogenMod7, android ver 2.3.7. (rooted obviously) My problem im having is with the wifi sync for spotifiy. I have two android devices, an ASUS Transformer Tablet, and my mobile phone (MB860). When ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I have a Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860),  Running CyanogenMod7, android ver 2.3.7.  (rooted obviously)   My problem im having is with the wifi sync for spotifiy. I have tw...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes when syncing playlists.

Yo! I've got a Sony Ericsson xperia X10 mini pro, which I'm trying to sync one of my playlists to offline mode. That works out just fine, for the first 3 songs, then it freezes. Tried reinstalling, deleting cache and files, deleting some of my playli...

• Yo!   I've got a Sony Ericsson xperia X10 mini pro, which I'm trying to sync one of my playlists to offline mode. That works out just fine, for the first 3 songs, then it freezes. Tried reinst...
  • kekxbox
  • Regular
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes