Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Device de-synchronised because of 3 devices limit

Hello, I several times experiences having all my playlist de-synchronise from my smartphone at the start of my trip back home. The last time I saw a message about synchronising on more than 3 devices. I am aware that one premium subscription allows m...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I several times experiences having all my playlist de-synchronise from my smartphone at the start of my trip back home. The last time I saw a message about synchronising on more than ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no funciona / Spotify doesn't work

Mi aplicacion de spotify ha dejado de funcionar con la última actualizacion. Tengo una cuenta premium para spotify en el movil (Samsung Galaxy Ace) y ya que pago el servicio me gustaria poder disfrutar de él. My spotify application has stopped workin...

• Mi aplicacion de spotify ha dejado de funcionar con la última actualizacion. Tengo una cuenta premium para spotify en el movil (Samsung Galaxy Ace) y ya que pago el servicio me gustaria poder disfrut...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

turning off the 3D-effect

Hi, i would like to use the new equalizer, but I am not able to turn off the 3D-Effect on my Motorola Razr with ICS 4.0.4. When I turn on the equalizer it looks like this: I do not know a way to activate the bar for the 3D-Effekt. Can any one help me...

Screenshot_2012-09-07-12-10-56.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   i would like to use the new equalizer, but I am not able to turn off the 3D-Effect on my Motorola Razr with ICS 4.0.4. When I turn on the equalizer it looks like this:   ...
  • Chrester
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local FIles

I have a few questions concerning syncing local files. Since Led Zeppelin aren't available on Spotify, I've included them in my local files on my computer. But since I also want to be able to listen to them on my phone (a Samsung Galaxy SIII), I trie...

• Music Fan
  • I have a few questions concerning syncing local files. Since Led Zeppelin aren't available on Spotify, I've included them in my local files on my computer. But since I also want to be able to listen ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 4.2.2 lockscreen player some times goes away

Well as the title says, it happens some times that the lockscreen player on my Samsubg Galaxy s4 disapares when i play music It would be nice if somene could fix this Also i can only get it to work under swipe lock..not any other lockscreen options.

• Music Fan
  • Well as the title says, it happens some times that the lockscreen player on my Samsubg Galaxy s4 disapares when i play music 😕 It would be nice if somene could fix this 🙂 Also i can only get i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Metadata Support for Bluetooth Enabled Head Unit (automotive)

Hello, I did a forum search and my problem has been posted a few times before. However, it doesn't appear as though the problem has been resolved. I'm using Spotify on a Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.2 stock. My car has a JVC KDX50BT (Bluetooth enabl...

• Hello,   I did a forum search and my problem has been posted a few times before.  However, it doesn't appear as though the  problem has been resolved.   I'm using Spotify ...
  • ciquitone
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Installing Spotify on a 2nd Android device. Play says 'already installed'

I have an Android phone (Nexus One) with Spotify installed. I am now trying to install on a new Android tablet but PlayStore says already installed. Can someone help me with this pls?

• Regular
  • I have an Android phone (Nexus One) with Spotify installed.   I am now trying to install on a new Android tablet but PlayStore says already installed.   Can someone help me with thi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

help with offline mode abroad in turkey

So I'm sitting at the Istanbul airport waiting for my transferring plane to Thailand when Spotify on my Samsung device says that my license offline has now expired, even tough I've got a good 6 months of premium on my subscription status, and have ju...

• So I'm sitting at the Istanbul airport waiting for my transferring plane to Thailand when Spotify on my Samsung device says that my license offline has now expired, even tough I've got a good 6 month...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Android device? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Try a soft reset (reboot the device). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to locate and remove any Sp...

• Spotify Legend
  • Having trouble with Spotify on your Android device? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again.   What to try first   Try a soft reset (reboot the device). If ...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 40 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 40 likes

Locally synced files only play right channel audio

I've added a few mp3's from my local collection into Spotify to sync to my phone (Android, 4.2.2). The problem is, when I go to play the synced files from my phone, only the right channel audio plays. If I have headphones on, only the right ear works...

• Casual Listener
  • I've added a few mp3's from my local collection into Spotify to sync to my phone (Android, 4.2.2). The problem is, when I go to play the synced files from my phone, only the right channel audio plays...
  • brock_aholic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming keeps stuttering/skipping in 3G

New user here. I love the android app, and it works great with WiFi or 4G (Sprint). But in 3G, it seems to skip/pause A LOT. I tried both "high" and "extreme" quality, and have turned on the buffering (whatever that setting is called). This doesn't s...

• Casual Listener
  • New user here.  I love the android app, and it works great with WiFi or 4G (Sprint).  But in 3G, it seems to skip/pause A LOT.  I tried both "high" and "extreme" quality, and have turn...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! When to expect High quality streaming with premium on Android devices??

Hello Spotify. Im soon going to upgrade my stereo in my Car to Parrot Asteroid Classic - Android based carstereo. My Idea was to then buy Spotify premium account (on Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2) so i could stream radio stations from my phone to m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify.   Im soon going to upgrade my stereo in my Car to Parrot Asteroid Classic - Android based carstereo.   My Idea was to then buy Spotify premium account (on Samsung Gal...
  • Thakangbaby
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist not found

Hey everyone, i use spotify both at home and at my smartphone...if i search for artic monkeys on desktop version of spotify the artist is found and im able to view his albums and songs. On mobile i just get songs from them but cant find the albums no...

• Hey everyone,   i use spotify both at home and at my smartphone...if i search for artic monkeys on desktop version of spotify the artist is found and im able to view his albums and songs. On...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify en el coche

Hola! Tengo Spotify Premium e intento conectar el móbil en el coche, con cable USB y /o con Bluetooth, pero no se escucha la música. Tengo un Samsung Galaxy Mini y un Nissan Qashqai. Si alguien sabe como puedo hacer para escuchar el Spotify en el coc...

• Hola! Tengo Spotify Premium e intento conectar el móbil en el coche, con cable USB y /o con Bluetooth, pero no se escucha la música. Tengo un Samsung Galaxy Mini y un Nissan Qashqai. Si alguien sabe ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Skips on S3

Recently I've had many issues with song audio "Skipping" ( much like a scratched CD would sound). I have full 4G service and Spotify is the only app running on my phone so there should be no issues from a Hardware or Network angle. Also, other stream...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently I've had many issues with song audio "Skipping" ( much like a scratched CD would sound).   I have full 4G service and Spotify is the only app running on my phone so there should be ...
  • BEmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working Xperia T jellybean

Have had xperia T for a few weeks now. Spotify (I'm a premium user) has been 'problematic' let's say since I got the new phone (had no probs on old phone). It starts itself when I boot up the phone (I can't work out how to stop this). More importantl...

• Have had xperia T for a few weeks now. Spotify (I'm a premium user) has been 'problematic' let's say since I got the new phone (had no probs on old phone). It starts itself when I boot up the phone (...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The track is not available

Hey I am having issues with 4 songs of a playlist on my phone. I recently added these songs to a playlist that I set on "download" all other songs were downloaded correctly and I can listen to them but the download just doesn't start for this 4 songs...

• Hey I am having issues with 4 songs of a playlist on my phone. I recently added these songs to a playlist that I set on "download" all other songs were downloaded correctly and I can listen to them b...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

uploading files from desktop that can be listened to on mobile

hi guys this subject has been exhaustively covered before (tens thousands views), i am not the first nor the last it seems... I seriously consider to shift all my playlists from spotify into a competitor's platform because they do it and spotify is n...

• ...ight issues here (in case for example i would put a mp3 from ACDC) in a public playlist. but the other "big" platform like spotify does it, and for me it is a big differentiator on top that this p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't resume properly

Having a problem with current android app version where when I pause playback, go into work, then try to resume later after work Spotify fails to reload properly. I end up with just the last playing track showing, but the forward/back buttons are gre...

• Gig Goer
  • Having a problem with current android app version where when I pause playback, go into work, then try to resume later after work Spotify fails to reload properly. I end up with just the last playing ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm going on holiday and want to scrobble.

Hi there.Next week I'm going on holiday to Greece for two weeks (I live in the Netherlands). When I will be there I will listen to lots of music too, via my Spotify app on my Android device. The problem is, I won't have internet.. Yes I will have, bu...

• Hi there. Next week I'm going on holiday to Greece for two weeks (I live in the Netherlands). When I will be there I will listen to lots of music too, via my Spotify app on my Android device. The ...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes