Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why is premium needed even if the device has no mobile internet?

Hello community! heres my point. my nexus 7 doesnt have mobile internet, just wlan, and i dont even want offline playlists. I just want to use it at home and i dont see the point why premium is necessary, because i use unlimited and dont need the pre...

• Visitor
  • Hello community! heres my point. my nexus 7 doesnt have mobile internet, just wlan, and i dont even want offline playlists. I just want to use it at home and i dont see the point why premium is...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I organize downloaded items in folders?

I would like to organize my downloaded playlists on my android device. I already got my playlists organized on my PC with making folders. My android device synchronizes my folders with my PC, but not the downloaded files for playing offline. Spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to organize my downloaded playlists on my android device. I already got my playlists organized on my PC with making folders. My android device synchronizes my folders with my PC, but not...
  • tspecken
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

disables downloaded songs when my signal/internet drops out

Hate that I pay extra for Spotify so I can play music on cell phone without a internet connection and it disables about half of my songs and even whole playlists when my signal drops out even if I have the playlist downloaded. Is there anything I can...

• Hate that I pay extra for Spotify so I can play music on cell phone without a internet connection and it disables about half of my songs and even whole playlists when my signal drops out even if I ha...
  • kumeinan
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Only some of the songs in three of my playlists are uploading to my Android Phone?

YES - I have tried restarting my phone and computer Yes - Ive tried to re download the app onto my phone. Yes - Ive logged out and lgged back in. Why do I have one Playlist that has over 2000 songs on my laptop and when I open my phone app it only ha...

• Casual Listener
  • YES - I have tried restarting my phone and computer Yes - Ive tried to re download the app onto my phone.  Yes - Ive logged out and lgged back in.  Why do I have one Playlist that has over ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists don't load

Hi! After the last update, my playlists are stuck in loading-mode. They work fine if I'm online, but if I start Spotify when I'm offline (which is 90% of time when using it on my Android), all of my playlists, even the offline-playlists, are stuck in...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! After the last update, my playlists are stuck in loading-mode. They work fine if I'm online, but if I start Spotify when I'm offline (which is 90% of time when using it on my Android), all of m...
  • helmii_
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HTC Desire S/Android 2.3.5 not compatible

Dear all, after I have lost my previous smartphone I wanted to install Spotify on my "new" HTC Desire S/Android 2.3.5. Unfortunately it seems my device is not compatible (error note says "Your device is not compatible with this version."). Which is s...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear all,   after I have lost my previous smartphone I wanted to install Spotify on my "new" HTC Desire S/Android 2.3.5. Unfortunately it seems my device is not compatible (error not...
  • BlondeDevil87
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Every few songs the playback pauses and I get a message that says 'the track is not available'

It actually does not pause mid song ... it usually waits until a song is over and then just stops before the next song plays. I am a premium member. Everytime this happens I have to go into the Spotify app on my phone and after a few seconds the next...

• It actually does not pause mid song ... it usually waits until a song is over and then just stops before the next song plays.  I am a premium member.  Everytime this happens I have to go in...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No sync SpotifyPremium in SamsungGalaxyS2 w/ Android

My SpotifyPremium does not syncronize ths Starred PlayList with my laptop Spotify one; there are about 740songs and none of them are syncronized. Why? Can help? MOBILE: SpotifyPremium v.0.6.2.64 Mobile: SamsungGalaxyS2 Android v.4.0.3 LAPTOP: LaptopS...

• My SpotifyPremium does not syncronize ths Starred PlayList with my laptop Spotify one; there are about 740songs and none of them are syncronized. Why? Can help?   MOBILE: SpotifyPremium v....
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

android update problem

After the latest update for Android Spotify is not working properly i'm just getting a white screen and have to kill the app several times in order to get it to work tracks are skipping and it frequently crashes.Is there any chance to fix this ?

• Casual Listener
  • After the latest update for Android Spotify is not working properly i'm just getting a white screen and have to kill the app several times in order to get it to work tracks are skipping and it freque...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are playing muted but counter ticks SGS4

Ive had this problem for a few days now on the latest Android released version of Spotify. Counter ticks but volume is muted. When unplugging the headset its working but whenever changing tracks I have to re-insert the headphones.. I want my monthly ...

• Music Fan
  • Ive had this problem for a few days now on the latest Android released version of Spotify. Counter ticks but volume is muted. When unplugging the headset its working but whenever changing tracks I ha...
  • solwretep
  • Music Fan
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to sync playlists between Nexus 7 and PC

Hi I am unable to sync playlists between my PC (Windows 7) and spotify on my Android Nexus 7. I have started, stopped and restarted spotify on both devices a number of times now. I have used the sync feature before so I know it works (at least it did...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I am unable to sync playlists between my PC (Windows 7) and spotify on my Android Nexus 7. I have started, stopped and restarted spotify on both devices a number of times now. I have us...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

App won't let me past login after reinstall.

I'm using Spotify Premium on my Samsung Galaxy ACE2 since november, and everything went right until one or two weeks ago. I was hearing music, I get out of the application, and the next time I wanted to get into Spotify, every thing was white on the ...

• I'm using Spotify Premium on my Samsung Galaxy ACE2 since november, and everything went right until one or two weeks ago. I was hearing music, I get out of the application, and the next time I want...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing offline synced playlists/songs on phone.

I have a few playlists offlined/synced to my phone. Will playing these songs use my phone's data plan or sinced they're offlined they won't affect any data usage? or do i have to turn Offline Mode on in order to make sure no data serviced is used? th...

• Regular
  • I have a few playlists offlined/synced to my phone.  Will playing these songs use my phone's data plan or sinced they're offlined they won't affect any data usage?  or do i have to turn Off...
  • smoothmc40
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded playlists repeatedly re-download

i have a few playlists that I have downloaded to my phone. Every week or so the lists, while still shown as downloaded on the playlist screen, when I open them up they show as downloading again. This happens to all lists regardless of if they have be...

• i have a few playlists that I have downloaded to my phone.    Every week or so the lists, while still shown as downloaded on the playlist screen, when I open them up they show as downlo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All my playlists have been changed!!!

Hi, every month i got the same problem with my playlist on the android, all my download playlist dissapear & i have to download again. ithink is becouse i pay two account with the same creditcard¿?¿¿? i will be happy if i fix this problem. Hola, cada...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, every month i got the same problem with my playlist on the android, all my download playlist dissapear & i have to download again. ithink is becouse i pay two account with the same creditcard...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Goodbye Spotify. Hello Google All Access

Stuck with Spotify for a year hoping they would get this app in a consistently working state. Giving up. Moving to Google All Access (and saving $2 a month). Ciao Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • Stuck with Spotify for a year hoping they would get this app in a consistently working state. Giving up. Moving to Google All Access (and saving $2 a month).    Ciao Spotify. 
  • BimmerM3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify charts on mobile unit

How can i use spotify charts on my mobile unit?

• How can i use spotify charts on my mobile unit?
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Difference between "offline" and "download" playlists

What is the difference between flagging a playlist for offline listening and downloading it? I am assuming marking a playlist as offline on your computer makes it available if say, your laptop, is not connected to the internet at the time you are lis...

• Casual Listener
  • What is the difference between flagging a playlist for offline listening and downloading it?   I am assuming marking a playlist as offline on your computer  makes it available if say, y...
  • smelico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with SD card storage (regular "hax" not working anymore).

So from out of nowhere my Galaxy S2 doesn't store my music on the SD card. I've redone the regular "hax" of downloading an early version of the app and changing the directory and then updating the software but it still stores on my phone. I've done i...

• Casual Listener
  • So from out of nowhere my Galaxy S2 doesn't store my music on the SD card. I've redone the regular "hax" of downloading an early version of the app and changing the directory and then updating the so...
  • alittlepeace
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline tracks not playing due to no connection.

For some reason my downloaded offline tracks are grayed out and I see a message saying that I do not have a connection. I should not need to be connected in order to play downloaded tracks.

• Regular
  • For some reason my downloaded offline tracks are grayed out and I see a message saying that I do not have a connection. I should not need to be connected in order to play downloaded tracks.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    Offline Access
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes