Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Message saying Syncing Error, Unknown Error

I keep getting an error message saying Syncing Error. Unknown Error. Music became undownloaded on my Android. Unable to redownload.

• Casual Listener
  • I keep getting an error message saying Syncing Error. Unknown Error.  Music became undownloaded on my Android. Unable to redownload. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify Support" Not quite an oxymoron but almost. Track Order Within Playlist

NO Re-Ordering of Tracks Within a Playlist - On a Mobile Device. 8 Months...what a joke - and one I'm paying for. I must have flipped my lid. I pay for several accounts. I consider my £40 per month to be worth something, a reply at least. I trust Spo...

• Gig Goer
  • NO Re-Ordering of Tracks Within a Playlist - On a Mobile Device.   8 Months...what a joke - and one I'm paying for.  I must have flipped my lid.   I pay for several accounts.  I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

not downloading all songs

Premium account on android galaxy nexus...when downloading albums, it says there are a certain number of tracks on that album. When I go to the album, there are only 2 or 3 downloaded. The downloading is finished so its not like I'm just not waiting ...

• Premium account on android galaxy nexus...when downloading albums, it says there are a certain number of tracks on that album. When I go to the album, there are only 2 or 3 downloaded. The downloadin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Going back from playlist goes to top of playlists, NOT to recent position

On Android, clicking on a playlist and going back moves you to the top of the playlists, not to your old position. This is hugely annoying and a break from expected behavior of a list. Please fix.

• Casual Listener
  • On Android, clicking on a playlist and going back moves you to the top of the playlists, not to your old position.   This is hugely annoying and a break from expected behavior of a list. &...
  • wfwhitney
  • 21 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 12 likes

Radio does not play

Playback lapses in radio mode on my mobile device. Won't play next song. Just stops playing totally. Has gone on forever. Very frustrated. Don't have similar problem on my desktop, however.

• Playback lapses in radio mode on my mobile device. Won't play next song. Just stops playing totally. Has gone on forever. Very frustrated. Don't have similar problem on my desktop, however.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how can i tell how many tracks i have offline synced?

hello where in the spotify android app does it tell me- how much data (in GB or MB) is used- how many tracks out of the allowed 3,333 tracks i have synced? as for data, i can use a file explorer to see that, ok, but it would be nice to have it in the...

• Gig Goer
  • hello   where in the spotify android app does it tell me - how much data (in GB or MB) is used - how many tracks out of the allowed 3,333 tracks i have synced?   as for data, i can us...
  • royal23
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify listening via aux in car

Hi,I have just tried to listen to Spotify via the headphone (aux) port in my Car Stereo. The problem being that it would immediately skip songs, before even starting to play them and then would ring the first person in my call list and immediately ha...

• Hi, I have just tried to listen to Spotify via the headphone (aux) port in my Car Stereo. The problem being that it would immediately skip songs, before even starting to play them and then would rin...
  • ChromeSkull
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium user in Korea. after Factory Reset - can no longer download the phone app

I pay for Spotify Premium and I live in South Korea.The mobile phone app was working perfectly until I had to do a Factory Reset on my phone (Galaxy S3) and now when I try to download the app it's saying that the app is unavailable to me. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • I pay for Spotify Premium and I live in South Korea. The mobile phone app was working perfectly until I had to do a Factory Reset on my phone (Galaxy S3)  and now when I try to download the ap...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify app wont work on my zte android !

I previously bought a new android phone & downloaded the app no problem. But the app is just a blank screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled like 5x but nothing! What can I do? Help?!

• I previously bought a new android phone & downloaded the app no problem. But the app is just a blank screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled like 5x but nothing! What can I do? Help?!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify on HTC Desrire S

I have an HTC Desire S, running Android 2.3.5 (which is the newest version available), and on Monday?, when Spotify updated itself, it will no longer start. I have uninstalled the app 3 or 4 times, and reinstalled, always the same; it just will not s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an HTC Desire S, running Android 2.3.5 (which is the newest version available), and on Monday?, when Spotify updated itself, it will no longer start. I have uninstalled the app 3 or 4 times, a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

starred tracks playlist stuck on "loading"

Cant access my starred tracks playlist at all. Only shows that it is constantly loading. I just updated to latest version last night. Running on HTC Rezound. Can access other playlists just fine, only starred seems affected. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Cant access my starred tracks playlist at all. Only shows that it is constantly loading. I just updated to latest version last night. Running on HTC Rezound. Can access other playlists just fine, onl...
  • JJR
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Inability to access offline on my Android Smartfone

I have a premium account and Spotify tells me this but my Android SmartPhone says my licence to listen offline has now expired please go online to renew it. How do I renew this licence or is there a bug in the system as I have been a Premium account ...

• I have a premium account and Spotify tells me this but my Android SmartPhone says my licence to listen offline has now expired please go online to renew it. How do I renew this licence or is there a ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.9.29

What's new in this version: - Fixed: Audio playback will no longer stop unexpectedly

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version: - Fixed: Audio playback will no longer stop unexpectedly
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

Exit app

I know that Android does not require an app to exit but I still wish that I had the option to do so if I want to.I don't use the Sync function and it annoys me enormously to see thisDevices└ I 9300on my computer. The user should not need to go to the...

• Music Fan
  • I know that Android does not require an app to exit but I still wish that I had the option to do so if I want to. I don't use the Sync function and it annoys me enormously to see this Devices └ I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Login Screen

Hi! I am really having trouble with Spotify today. when I log into spotify, it just stays "logging in" forever. It's been almost a half an hour and it's still logging in. What's up with my spotify?How can I fix this problem. It's really frustrating!

• Visitor
  • Hi! I am really having trouble with Spotify today. when I log into spotify, it just stays "logging in" forever. It's been almost a half an hour and it's still logging in. What's up with my spotify? ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

One song does not play when downloaded. Then others songs won’t play offline!

After many hours of trouble shooting, due to downloaded songs and playlists sometimes not playing , it seems that whenever I download this one track/song to my Samsung Droid Charge (Android) phone, it does not play. Others songs will play normally bu...

• Casual Listener
  • After many hours of trouble shooting, due to downloaded songs and playlists sometimes not playing , it seems that whenever I download this one track/song to my Samsung Droid Charge (Android) phone, i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop playing despite wireless connection

Songs will simply pause for no reason despite being on a really strong wireless connection. Not buffering, because I have to go back in the app and hit play every single time it does this. Also. when playing shuffle or radio, sometimes the minutes/pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Songs will simply pause for no reason despite being on a really strong wireless connection. Not buffering, because I have to go back in the app and hit play every single time it does this. Also. when...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Spotify randomly skipping on my mobile

Spotify tends to skip when playing my offline tracks. There isn't any logic to it, it doesn't seem, and the tracks play fine when I'm on my laptop. It's makes a great service that I wouldn't mind paying for really difficult to enjoy and I'm starting ...

• Spotify tends to skip when playing my offline tracks. There isn't any logic to it, it doesn't seem, and the tracks play fine when I'm on my laptop. It's makes a great service...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mysterious Starred tracks

I have just had a clear out as I hit my starred tracks limit. I have removed my stars from every track on my desktop app, and this has transferred to my android app. Why then does it say that I have 17 starred tracks? Any help would be appreciated. T...

• Music Fan
  • I have just had a clear out as I hit my starred tracks limit. I have removed my stars from every track on my desktop app, and this has transferred to my android app.   Why then does it say t...
  • markrth
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium on phone star bug

Hey all. this is a small problem but for me its quite irritating. Alright so it all started with me getting my galaxy s3 and downloaded spotify on it. I then got spotify premium and started to log in on spotify on phone. I do not have any song starre...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all. this is a small problem but for me its quite irritating.   Alright so it all started with me getting my galaxy s3 and downloaded spotify on it. I then got spotify premium and starte...
  • markrth
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes