Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Aeniah
  • Visitor
  • 61 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync Wifi versus 3G : offline playlists lost

Hi,I have a strange issue related to sync function. Indeed, when I set a playlist as offline in wifi, all is good. But then, when I go out and I loose my wifi network, this same playlist is not available anymore in offline folder...How can I fix it ?...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a strange issue related to sync function. Indeed, when I set a playlist as offline in wifi, all is good. But then, when I go out and I loose my wifi network, this same playlist is not...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song play interruption, even for downloaded songs!

I'm not using the new app for my Samsung Galaxy S2. I don't think but for some reason songs will just STOP playing about halfway through and ALL of my play queue is deleted. This happens for streaming songs and downloaded songs so it is not an Intern...

• Gig Goer
  • I'm not using the new app for my Samsung Galaxy S2. I don't think but for some reason songs will just STOP playing about halfway through and ALL of my play queue is deleted. This happens for stre...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

a few more android bugs just for the hell of it...

not that it matters at this point, but just to call attention to even more flaws in this app: 1. occassionally when navigating to an album from an artist page, the album loads and then immediately the white screen with the green spinny pops up on top...

• Roadie
  • not that it matters at this point, but just to call attention to even more flaws in this app:   1.  occassionally when navigating to an album from an artist page, the album loads and th...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Best app I ever used!

Hey Spotify and Android team who made this wonderful app! I enjoy this app so much. It's best app ever I downloaded via Google Market to my phone. I can enjoy easily music I like and sometimes I just listen this radio to find new stuff. The app is ju...

• Visitor
  • Hey Spotify and Android team who made this wonderful app!   I enjoy this app so much. It's best app ever I downloaded via Google Market to my phone. I can enjoy easily music I like and somet...
  • talesfer
  • Roadie
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Sync local files from computer to phone.

Hello I have playlist on my computer with some local files from my computer. When I sync them the title of the song will pop up on my phone but it says unable to play. I have tried to pass the same local file to my phone but my phone doesn't do anyth...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I have playlist on my computer with some local files from my computer. When I sync them the title of the song will pop up on my phone but it says unable to play. I have tried to pass the same l...
  • jabe25
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

New update = white screen Samsung Galaxy SII

After updating Spotify (today) I only reach white screens, I can't see any playlists, options, NOTHING! How do I fix it? Can I fix it? Is it only a problem for me or have any other of you experienced the same thing?? Is it a bug in the update or have...

• After updating Spotify (today) I only reach white screens, I can't see any playlists, options, NOTHING! How do I fix it? Can I fix it? Is it only a problem for me or have any other of you experienc...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No sound after upgrade!! HELP!

I have paid for spotify premium, but since the new software upgrade I can't hear any music. It literally has no sound. The record plays but I can't hear anything. Tried to listen to other songs on youtube and webradio, and that worked flawless. So it...

• Casual Listener
  • I have paid for spotify premium, but since the new software upgrade I can't hear any music. It literally has no sound. The record plays but I can't hear anything. Tried to listen to other songs on yo...
  • Dreammy82
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

alphabetizing

How can I get all my albums to show in alphabetical order in my main playlist tab?

• Casual Listener
  • How can I get all my albums to show in alphabetical order in my main playlist tab?
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in!

I can't log in to my mobile account. When I try to it takes me to my playlists but then within a few seconds kicks me back out to the log in home page. I've read many different threads on log in issues, and have tried seemingly EVERYTHING: reinstalle...

• Regular
  • I can't log in to my mobile account. When I try to it takes me to my playlists but then within a few seconds kicks me back out to the log in home page. I've read many different threads on log in issu...
  • paulandrade
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Hardware Remote Control für Android

is there any "hardware! remote control like the apple remote to control spotify on android? Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • is there any "hardware! remote control like the apple remote to control spotify on android?   Thank you
  • PaintX
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio playlist blocked

Hi, I used to listen at my favorite playlist on mode radio to discover new music with the same kind as my playlist. 1 week ago, i push on like button on a metal hardcore music. Since, i say throught that button, i like hardcore metal, when i launch m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I used to listen at my favorite playlist on mode radio to discover new music with the same kind as my playlist. 1 week ago, i push on like button on a metal hardcore music. Since, i sa...
  • yorktronic
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Download

Spotify worked for me always fine. Great app so far and i am really a proud user of it. But since last week when Spotify is gonna to download some new songs my mobile (Samsung Galaxy s2) get every second a popup Download 0/23 but after an hour its st...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify worked for me always fine. Great app so far and i am really a proud user of it. But since last week when Spotify is gonna to download some new songs my mobile (Samsung Galaxy s2) get every se...
  • Sjowieee
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My songs are re-downloading everytime I open the Starred folder.

Kindle Fire first gen. Title says it all. Tried re-downloading Spotify to no avail. Anybody know anything else or able to point me in the right direction. Will be getting any updates for the Amazon store? Also having the problem where no albums are b...

• Music Fan
  • Kindle Fire first gen. Title says it all. Tried re-downloading Spotify to no avail. Anybody know anything else or able to point me in the right direction. Will be getting any updates for the Amazon s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify radio's album art and songs are grayed out

Hello. As the topic says, when I use radio in Android Spotify (I am a free user) the album art and song information is dark and very hard to see. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem, and if there is a fix. I have attached a picture to sho...

Spotify_gray.png
  • Music Fan
  • Hello. As the topic says, when I use radio in Android Spotify (I am a free user) the album art and song information is dark and very hard to see. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem, and ...
  • stegnersaurus
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music stops when phone sleeps... not streaming

I know it's not a wireless thing, because this happens even with songs that I've downloaded. I'm using a Motorola Atrix with Android, and I don't have any auto-task killing apps. I also run the phone on performance mode as far as the battery is conce...

• Casual Listener
  • I know it's not a wireless thing, because this happens even with songs that I've downloaded.   I'm using a Motorola Atrix with Android, and I don't have any auto-task killing apps. I also ru...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! See track / playlist length

Hi there. Is there any way to see: How far into a track I am Lengths of tracks in playlists Lengths of playlists Thanks.

• Regular
  • Hi there.   Is there any way to see: How far into a track I am Lengths of tracks in playlists Lengths of playlists   Thanks.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Two Accounts

Hi, Please excuse my ignorance of this subject I have just upgraded my account on my desktop to premium which should allow me to use it on my mobile, but I also previously opened a 48hour trial on my mobile using a different email address. The proble...

• Hi, Please excuse my ignorance of this subject I have just upgraded my account on my desktop to premium which should allow me to use it on my mobile, but I also previously opened a 48hour trial on ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline mode "License expired"

Dear community, I'm having issues getting my Spotify to work in offline mode on my Android phone. On the PC everyis working fine, I've got my license activated. But when I press offline mode on my phone it tells me that my license has been expired an...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear community,   I'm having issues getting my Spotify to work in offline mode on my Android phone. On the PC everyis working fine, I've got my license activated. But when I press offline mo...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I just need to ask a person from Spotify team :)

Hi. As the title says I need to ask someone from the Spotify team, and if someone want to discuss or something, it's okay for me I have an Samsung Galaxy S3 that runs Android of source, and I have a friend that has Iphone 4S and it runs on iOS someth...

• Music Fan
  • Hi. As the title says I need to ask someone from the Spotify team, and if someone want to discuss or something, it's okay for me 😛   I have an Samsung Galaxy S3 that runs Android of sourc...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

New App broke Screen Rotation

Hi! First: I commented this to the Mobile Landscape mode Idea thread a while back: My Spotify does go vertical when connected to a car dock (Samsung Galaxy Note and Samsung Galaxy Note Car Dock). The ability is lacking from the iPhone/iPad support. I...

• Community Legend
  • Hi!   First: I commented this to the Mobile Landscape mode Idea thread a while back:   My Spotify does go vertical when connected to a car dock (Samsung Galaxy Note and Samsung Gala...
  • spetzyy
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes