Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Replaced songs

I just upgraded from Spotify Free to Spotify Premium and installed the app on my Android phone. So far I've just noticed one song being replaced with another. Desperado by The Eagles. In my playlist on my computer it's the real song with vocals but t...

• I just upgraded from Spotify Free to Spotify Premium and installed the app on my Android phone.  So far I've just noticed one song being replaced with another. Desperado by The Eagles. In my p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Social and Mobile Devices

Just wondering: Does Spotify Social, e.g. that my friends can see what i am listening to, work only when I am listening in the desktop app or does it prepare this information also while listening from my mobile device? And if it does, what about offl...

• Casual Listener
  • Just wondering: Does Spotify Social, e.g. that my friends can see what i am listening to, work only when I am listening in the desktop app or does it prepare this information also while listening fro...
  • Stupify
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

problem with premium account and offline mode

Im using xcover android ver 2.3.6. I have latest spotify app My account is premium and i have playlist downloaded to offline mode. Spotify app wants to connect to internet every time is starts and offline songs are not playable before there is intern...

• Casual Listener
  •   Im using xcover android ver 2.3.6. I have latest spotify app My account is premium and i have playlist downloaded to offline mode.   Spotify app wants to connect to internet eve...
  • exclusive9
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! download playlist question

So if I download my playlist on my android to "listen offline" does that mean I can listen to my playlist without using my data plan?

• So if I download my playlist on my android to "listen offline" does that mean I can listen to my playlist without using my data plan?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Jelly Bean

I just received Jelly Bean on my RAZOR MAXX. I download my playlists and for no unexplained reason my downloaded playlists disappear. The disappearing playlists have happened 3 times so far and I am unsure what is causing it. I have rebooted my devic...

• I just received Jelly Bean on my RAZOR MAXX.  I download my playlists and for no unexplained reason my downloaded playlists disappear.  The disappearing playlists have happened 3 times so f...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming on Android

Why on earth can I not stream music on an Android wifi only tablet? I don't want to sync files for offline use, I just want to listen online whilst connected to a WiFi network. Is it not possible? If not, I'll sign up to a different provider.

• Casual Listener
  • Why on earth can I not stream music on an Android wifi only tablet? I don't want to sync files for offline use, I just want to listen online whilst connected to a WiFi network.   Is it not p...
  • Ekithump
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No SD Card storage !!

Hello evdb, I just bought a SD Card for Spotify ... and realised it's not possible to use it with Spotify ! Hello guys .... We are in 2012 ! We need to use space as we want. The "solution" is to downgrade Spotify, clear data, and add path to SD Card ...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello evdb,   I just bought a SD Card for Spotify ... and realised it's not possible to use it with Spotify !   Hello guys .... We are in 2012 ! We need to use space as we want. T...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 72 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 13 likes

Why doesn't the app have external storage officialy built-in?

So this is just breaking my brain. Bought a new phone and had to reinstall and sync Spotify. For it to store on the external SD which is 64GB I had to use the workaround. The workaround still works without flaw so there's still code in the app which ...

• Music Fan
  • So this is just breaking my brain. Bought a new phone and had to reinstall and sync Spotify. For it to store on the external SD which is 64GB I had to use the workaround.   The workaround st...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: Songs in offline mode unsync without reason

Same problem.... really annoying. Can someone at spotify pleas respond. Using a gallaxy one i9800, and a gallaxy III. One the old phone entire lists disapear as son as i listen to them. On III random tracks in the list gets unsynced. WTF is going on?

• Casual Listener
  • Same problem.... really annoying. Can someone at spotify pleas respond.   Using a gallaxy one i9800, and a gallaxy III. One the old phone entire lists disapear as son as i listen to them. O...
  • Eukamoon
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Mp3s are wrongly synced to android

I have the CD Adele Live at albert hall .. if i sync the converted mp3 files to my android device and listen to it i get the normal "notlive" version although i can here the live version in spotify pc version .. they also have the covers of the norma...

• Roadie
  • I have the CD Adele Live at albert hall .. if i sync the converted mp3 files to my android device and listen to it i get the normal "notlive" version  although i can here the live version in spo...
  • PeterMuc
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

sms where is it???

i fprgot to type +46 before my mobile number what to do??

• i fprgot to type +46 before my mobile number what to do?? 😞
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

sound gone...

Why is the music gone? Everything works perfect, eksept that there is no sound... Dissapeared å couple of days ago... I have a HTC Desire HD... How can I fix it? :-).

• Why is the music gone? Everything works perfect, eksept that there is no sound... Dissapeared å couple of days ago... I have a HTC Desire HD... How can I fix it? :-).
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not synched correctly

I have a song that did not download properly for offline mode. It only has the last 15 or 20 seconds of the song. I've tried undownloading and deleteing the track but still it keeps the broken song. Any help would be appricated.

• I have a song that did not download properly for offline mode.  It only has the last 15 or 20 seconds of the song.  I've tried undownloading and deleteing the track but still it keeps the b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Better support for tablets

When will you release a native spotify app for android tablets, like the app for iPad?

• Casual Listener
  • When will you release a native spotify app for android tablets, like the app for iPad?
  • Styxor
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

This really is the most buggy app ever!

Guys, help me out here. I signed up a couple of weeks ago and so far I have not managed to download my playlists to my phone and I am about 2 mins away from canceling my subscription! First, there’s the problem (which seems to be extremely prevalent)...

• Casual Listener
  • Guys, help me out here.  I signed up a couple of weeks ago and so far I have not managed to download my playlists to my phone and I am about 2 mins away from canceling my subscription!   ...
  • stevelangley
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Zombie playlist won't die!

I made a playlist. Then I deleted it from my PC. When I logged on my phone and tablet the playlist remianed but is forever stuck in loading. As such I cannot delete it using the mobile app, and it no longer shows up on my PC app. How can I get rid of...

• I made a playlist. Then I deleted it from my PC. When I logged on my phone and tablet the playlist remianed but is forever stuck in loading. As such I cannot delete it using the mobile app, and it no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify premium sur Samsung galaxy Y

Bonjour, J'ai spotify premium depuis 3 j, et je ne parviens pas à écouter mes playlists, en étant connectée en Wifi. Quand je clique sur lecture, le message " Pas de connexion Internet s'affiche", or avec ce type d'abonnement je dois pouvoir écouter ...

• Bonjour, J'ai spotify premium depuis 3 j, et je ne parviens pas à écouter mes playlists, en étant connectée en Wifi. Quand je clique sur lecture,  le message " Pas de connexion Internet s'af...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

no "library" after syncing

I have synced my desktop with my android device and it showed "synced 138 songs". However, I am seeing "Downloaded" and "All" with playlists underneath such as Country, 80's Rock etc. However, that is all that is there which is about 30 songs. I don'...

• Casual Listener
  • I have synced my desktop with my android device and it showed "synced 138 songs".  However, I am seeing "Downloaded" and "All" with playlists underneath such as Country, 80's Rock etc.  How...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how do you know which of your facebook friends have spotify?

When you click friends on the spotify app all your facebook friends pop up and most you click on dont have any songs.

• Casual Listener
  • When you click friends on the spotify app all your facebook friends pop up and most you click on dont have any songs.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes