Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Every time i log in to it kicks me out after 2 seconds.

Everytime i log into my andriod app on my gallaxy 2 the app simply kicks me out of it after 2 seconds and i end up back on my application menu. Ive reinstalled the app several times but this doesnt work. since i pay for premium, i think it is poor th...

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime i log into my andriod app on my gallaxy 2 the app simply kicks me out of it after 2 seconds and i end up back on my application menu. Ive reinstalled the app several times but this doesnt w...
  • sherm485
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! just signed up for premium and was charged twice?

Not cool especially since I can't even use it since its stuck in offline mode...help? Refund?

• Music Fan
  • Not cool especially since I can't even use it since its stuck in offline mode...help? Refund?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Not enough space on disk - new issue for my phone

I've been having no issue with Spotify on my phone for months now. However, just yesterday it deleted a bunch of my cache and started acting funny. So I reset everything, deleted all the data, logged out, made sure the SD Location was set right, and ...

• Roadie
  • I've been having no issue with Spotify on my phone for months now. However, just yesterday it deleted a bunch of my cache and started acting funny. So I reset everything, deleted all the data, logged...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

info box with no words in comes up when I try to play music on android tablet

I have an Android tablet called and Asus Eee-pad.When I first downlaoaded spotify on it, the app worked fine. Then it stopped playing music and everytime you click on a song a box called 'info' pops up but with no information in it.Anyone else having...

• I have an Android tablet called and Asus Eee-pad.When I first downlaoaded spotify on it, the app worked fine. Then it stopped playing music and everytime you click on a song a box called 'info' pops ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant use spotify on SD card

I have an samsung Galaxy S2 and wanted to use spotify on the external sd card now. So I used the FAQ hint https://www.spotify.com/uk/help/faq/mobile/android-how-do-i-store-offline-music-on-the-external-sd-c... and I change the directory on my S2 to "...

• Regular
  •   I have an samsung Galaxy S2 and wanted to use spotify on the external sd card now. So I used the FAQ hint   https://www.spotify.com/uk/help/faq/mobile/android-how-do-i-store-offline...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to see which playlist a song is from when playing library?

I tend to play my library a lot, and often i wonder which playlist one of the songs is in, (because i wonder if i should add it to a certain playlist) and i can't find out. Is there a way to find this out? Thanks

• Regular
  • I tend to play my library a lot, and often i wonder which playlist one of the songs is in, (because i wonder if i should add it to a certain playlist) and i can't find out. Is there a way to find thi...
  • Furi
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify won't load on HTC Sensation.

Running stock 2.3.4 with Sense 3.0. App goes black the second I hit the icon then shuts off and returns to the home screen. Help?

• Casual Listener
  • Running stock 2.3.4 with Sense 3.0.   App goes black the second I hit the icon then shuts off and returns to the home screen.   Help? 😞
  • hawkinsjason
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Nooo! All playlists gone! :(

I recently tried to start the Spotify App ony my Galaxy S2, but it would just keep closing as soon as I started it. I read on the web that the solution was to turn off all data traffic, start the app and logout, which I did. Then it was recommended t...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently tried to start the Spotify App ony my Galaxy S2, but it would just keep closing as soon as I started it.   I read on the web that the solution was to turn off all data traffic, st...
  • sledgas
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working on Sony Ericsson x8

Spotify not working on my Sony Ericsson x8. It was until recently. Mobile manufacturer claims the wrong lays with Spotify - what to do?

• Spotify not working on my Sony Ericsson x8. It was until recently. Mobile manufacturer claims the wrong lays with Spotify - what to do?
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Has spotify forgot about us Android users once again?

So, I was super stoked when I saw the new beta of the Android app, and jumped on Spotify and handed them my $10. well.. I want it back. Yes I know, this app is beta , and is not 100%. but it's been a moth or so, and no new update! I am done, I am not...

• Gig Goer
  • So, I was super stoked when I saw the new beta of the Android app, and jumped on Spotify and handed them my $10.  well.. I want it back.  Yes I know, this app is beta , and is not 100%. &nb...
  • podycust
  • Music Fan
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes

Android Phone has STOPPED showing up under devices.

So, until four days ago, Spotify was working completely fine, both on my computer and phone. Everything was syncing perfectly. But then (another issue), I had to reboot the phone, only a couple of hours after my Spotify Premium ran out. I now have bo...

• So, until four days ago, Spotify was working completely fine, both on my computer and phone. Everything was syncing perfectly. But then (another issue), I had to reboot the phone, only a couple of ho...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems using the wi/fi or 3G with spotify

Everytime i turn on online mode spotify just shuts down, can't do anything not sync my songs to offline mode or anything.What is wrong? anyone got an idea?

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime i turn on online mode spotify just shuts down, can't do anything not sync my songs to offline mode or anything. What is wrong? anyone got an idea?  
  • Truls
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook are logging me off?

Why do I need to choose Spotify or facebook when i use my mobilephone? I got premium Spotify, NOT facebook! I use it in my car and if I have to log in because of this virus called facebook every time i get in my car, this music app will not work for ...

• Casual Listener
  • Why do I need to choose Spotify or facebook when i use my mobilephone? I got premium Spotify, NOT facebook! I use it in my car and if I have to log in because of this virus called facebook every ...
  • eyvinnen
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify not starting

hello i formated my sd card and it seems like something happend cause when i try to get on spotify on the phone it just change screen then back again to were i can start it. whats wrong? i tryed to reinstall it but just keep repeating it just seems l...

• hello i formated my sd card and it seems like something happend cause when i try to get on spotify on the phone it just change screen then back again to were i can start it. whats wrong? i tryed to r...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Play Queue needs major overhaul! :)

Hi guys Thank you for this cool service - and for bringing it to mobile platforms too. It has huge potential and I hope you will put the time and ressources in to keep developing this! Now, I really like the Spotify desktop version. It's easy and fas...

• Hi guys   Thank you for this cool service - and for bringing it to mobile platforms too. It has huge potential and I hope you will put the time and ressources in to keep developing this! 🙂 ...
  • Brent212
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify closes instantly after i open it on my android.

Need help with this problem, i am using a samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100. When i open spotify it closes almost immediately, i don't even have time to click on a playlist. I've tried to uninstall and install again, restarted my phone a couple of times but...

• Casual Listener
  • Need help with this problem, i am using a samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100. When i open spotify it closes almost immediately, i don't even have time to click on a playlist. I've tried to uninstall and inst...
  • pixvix
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Online problems

Hello, i have been using spotify premium for some time now, but since recently i'm having trouble. Whenever i go online (doesn't matter wich network im in ) spotify crashes instantly and i have to turn my wifi off, otherwise theres no way for me to a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i have been using spotify premium for some time now, but since recently i'm having trouble. Whenever i go online (doesn't matter wich network im in ) spotify crashes instantly and i have to tu...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Get Past Data Flat Rate Warning Message

Hey,On my samsung galaxy s2 running ICS, I can't get past the message that warns about data usage, right after you log in. The message keeps coming up after pressing 'OK'.has anyone else had this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, On my samsung galaxy s2 running ICS, I can't get past the message that warns about data usage, right after you log in. The message keeps coming up after pressing 'OK'. has anyone else had ...
  • mattyalexander
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can you make Spotify stay in offline mode?

Hi I am using Spotify Premium on an HTC Desire S. My problm relates to off-line mode. When i force Spotify into offline mode it will only stay offline providing the phone remains switched on. If i turn the phone off and back on when i try to login to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I am using Spotify Premium on an HTC Desire S.  My problm relates to off-line mode.  When i force Spotify into offline mode it will only stay offline providing the phone remains switch...
  • jay1464
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant go online on Samsung Galaxy II

I cant go online, and Spotify just shows me "You are in offline mode", BUT WHAT DI I DO TO GET IN ONLINE MODE??? (I am connected to my home wi-fi

• Casual Listener
  • I cant go online, and Spotify just shows me "You are in offline mode", BUT WHAT DI I DO TO GET IN ONLINE MODE??? (I am connected to my home wi-fi
  • jayjay18
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes