Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New phone

I purchased a new phone yesterday and I lost all my music. Is there a way to get my music back?

•  I purchased a new phone yesterday and I lost all my music.  Is there a way to get my music back?
  • zam_
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

DTS Play-Fi

Cannot get Spotify to recognize DTS Play Fi (Arcam rPlay) on devices available. Will recognize Amazan Echo and Dot and Chromecast / Chromecast Audio. Am I missing anything? I have tried all the recommendations.

• Casual Listener
  • Cannot get Spotify to recognize DTS Play Fi (Arcam rPlay) on devices available. Will recognize Amazan Echo and Dot and Chromecast / Chromecast Audio. Am I missing anything? I have tried all the recom...
  • sjbutler23
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on my phone changes song to whatever song I last listened to from Spotify on my laptop

Is there any way to turn off Spotify Connect? That is, I'd rather the song on my phone not automatically change to what I was listening to on my computer. I tend to have very different musical moods when I'm on my laptop vs. my car, so it's kinda ann...

• Is there any way to turn off Spotify Connect? That is, I'd rather the song on my phone not automatically change to what I was listening to on my computer. I tend to have very different musical moods ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

Nevermind Problem solved

• Nevermind Problem solved
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto audio cutting out with Spotify

I currently have a 2016 Ford Escape Titanium with a Google Pixel XL (Android 8.0.0) and all associated apps are fully up to date. Lately, I notice that my music will randomly skip. For about 1-2 seconds the song will continue on the screen but I don'...

• I currently have a 2016 Ford Escape Titanium with a Google Pixel XL (Android 8.0.0) and all associated apps are fully up to date. Lately, I notice that my music will randomly skip. For about 1-2 seco...
  • Avenred
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play offline

I am a premium (family) user and since the last application update I can't play my songs offline.

• I am a premium (family) user and since the last application update I can't play my songs offline. 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify songs greyed out

For some reason, Spotify was working just fine on my phone, until i started the premium trial, and when it ended, all the songs were greyed out, and it would only let me press shuffle play, and every single song on spotify was greyed out. But for som...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason, Spotify was working just fine on my phone, until i started the premium trial, and when it ended, all the songs were greyed out, and it would only let me press shuffle play, and every...
  • jadonjthomas
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Notifications

I haven't been getting any notifications for when an artist I follow creates a new playlist. I also don't know how to view notifications from pop ups for new albums that I've previously dismissed because I didn't want to listen to it at that moment.

• Casual Listener
  • I haven't been getting any notifications for when an artist I follow creates a new playlist. I also don't know how to view notifications from pop ups for new albums that I've previously dismissed bec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

LIRE FICHIERS LOCAUX SOUS ANDROID

Bonjour, Sous Windows 10, grâce à Spotify, j'écoute de la musique extraite de mes fichiers locaux (du dossier Musique du disque C).J'ajoute cette musique dans une "play liste", que je sais écouter sur mon PC.Par contre, sur mon smartphone Android, ce...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour, Sous Windows 10, grâce à Spotify, j'écoute de la musique extraite de mes fichiers locaux (du dossier Musique du disque C). J'ajoute cette musique dans une "play liste", que je sais écoute...
  • emmal_arnlt
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Cache problems

Hi everyone,The last spotify's update have deleted all my cache.Can I solve this problem? How?

• Hi everyone, The last spotify's update have deleted all my cache. Can I solve this problem? How?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs being stored to both internal and external memory

Hello hello, My problem is this: I've selected my storage as being only my external sd card, yet when I download any album it saves both to my internal and external memory, taking up the same amount of space on both, so once I download my music libra...

• Hello hello,    My problem is this: I've selected my storage as being only my external sd card, yet when I download any album it saves both to my internal and external memory, taking up t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to disable spotify mobile app!? It is completely monopolizing my bluetooth!

Spotify is causing my device to never sleep (Spotify at 98% awake time even when I force quit!) and with latest update ruins my car connection functionality! Any time I make or receive a phone call, Connect to phone to the car, mute or unmute the rad...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify is causing my device to never sleep (Spotify at 98% awake time even when I force quit!) and with latest update ruins my car connection functionality! Any time I make or receive a phone call, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Huge data usage spike.

Over the course of a day and a half, I only used spotify to stream downloaded songs. Download over LTE is disabled. However, spotify in a very short timespan used up all of my data plan. Anybody ever encountered this? I use a LG G5 on the latest upda...

• Visitor
  • Over the course of a day and a half, I only used spotify to stream downloaded songs. Download over LTE is disabled. However, spotify in a very short timespan used up all of my data plan. Anybody ever...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Update 6.x Marshmallow & Adoptable Storage

With the latest version of Android called Marshmallow (6.x) Google have introduced something called ‘Adoptable Storage’ - So what is it and how does this affect Spotify? Android and Apple have always shunned the use of external memory in their device...

• Community Legend
  • With the latest version of Android called Marshmallow (6.x) Google have introduced something called ‘Adoptable Storage’ - So what is it and how does this affect Spotify?   Android and Apple ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 34 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Adoptable Storage
    Android
    marshmallow
  • 34 replies
  • 8 likes

Spotify Premium Family

need help I try to join Spotify premium family but that website says sry that is not correct.it was all correct

• need help I try to join Spotify premium family but that website says sry that is not correct.it was all correct  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Setting back to online

I set my spotify to offline and I had to reset my password. I've tried to log in but won't let me connect. Any suggestions?

• I set my spotify to offline and I had to reset my password. I've tried to log in but won't let me connect. Any suggestions?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs disappeared

Hi, Launching Spotify today I realised all my music is gone. My song list is completely empty and Spotify suggest I browse for music.Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance

• Hi,   Launching Spotify today I realised all my music is gone. My song list is completely empty and Spotify suggest I browse for music. Any idea how to fix this?    Thanks in adva...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can anyone help a clueless person!!!!!!

Hi Can anyone help? If I log into Spotify on my tablets then I can play fine any songs and my playlists. If I log in via my phone Samsung S6 the songs and playlist appear but are light grey and when you click on them nothing happens. I have removed S...

• Regular
  • Hi   Can anyone help? If I log into Spotify on my tablets then I can play fine any songs and my playlists. If I log in via my phone Samsung S6 the songs and playlist appear but are light grey ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant play downloaded music offline

I can not play downloaded music when im offline. Songs appear as donwloaded with the green icon, but reproduction does not start.

• Casual Listener
  • I can not play downloaded music when im offline. Songs appear as donwloaded with the green icon, but reproduction does not start.
  • Joe16
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes